SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage User

DirecTV Serial Port Control Just Stopped Working

Is anyone else having trouble with using serial control to tune their DirecTV box. Mine was working fine with Sage 6.2.10 under XP using PVR250 S-Video in, HVR-1800 and myHD fot QAM cable. Then yesterday it just stopped working. I tried using dtv control but no joy. Dtv Control sees the port and sends the command, but just times out. I tried, old, new, RCA, etc. Did Directv do another firmware upgrade and hose some systems? My box is older, RCA DRD515DD, but no problems other than this issue. I even tried rolling back MS XP updates using restore thinking MS may be playing games, but again no joy.

Any ideas?

I think am going to order a USB UIRT, but I have heard mixed stories about going that route over serial control. However, at this point it may be my only option.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Try uninstalling com port driver in device manager and reboot letting it reinstall it.

I think SageTV somehow seizes the com port and never releases control of it becasue I would have similar issue and always had to uninstall com port to get it back so other applicaiton can use the com port. Even SageTV seem to lock up com port after shutting down and restarting it that SageTV no longer can get it back either.

Bill
Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Sage User

Still no luck

Thanks TechBill, but unfortunately it didn't work. I did a clean install and still no luck. I've concluded that my DirecTV box low speed port has been hosed.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Sage User

Angry Directv control with USB-UIRT

I have Directv H20 using an RC32 remote control. I can't get Sagetv to program the codes. Check to see if Sage will program your remote before you get a USB-UIRT.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Sage Icon

I use the old DTV driver from (I think) May 2006 because the newer one seems to be unreliable and often just stops working. I can repost the driver if anyone wants it again (it's the directvserial dll).

Mike