SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Music Library Update Problem

Has anyone else run into a problem with the Sage Music Library?

For example, I ripped a CD and all but the first song is showing up in the Album Song List. I've checked the file metadata and it is correct. It is also showing up correctly in the Windows Media Player.

I have also asked Sage to refresh imported items, but the song is still missing. I finally found it with the right Album Thumbnail, but showed Unknown for Album Name and Song Name. There is nothing wrong with the file or it's associated MP3 data.

Thoughts?

Rob

HP Media Center m390n, P4 2.4GHz, NVidia GeForce 5600 FX, Hauppauge PVR-250 PCI II, NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, Microsoft Windows Media Center PC 2005, 1GB RAM, (2) 600MB HD, Motorola DCT5000 STB, USB-UIRT, Time-Warner Digital Cable
Old 12-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Administrator

I was going to suggest that you double check the Album Artist tag -- a lot of mp3 tag editors don't show this one, or call it something else, but WMP can display it via right clicking on a song & selecting the Advanced Tag Editor, then the Artist Info tab.

But, you commented that Album Name and Song Name were shown as "Unknown"... you could try making a copy of the song, then refresh the imports & ceck the debug log to see if it says anything about that song.

If you don't see anything obvious about the song itself, file a bug report. You may get asked to provide a copy of the file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, Andy! I removed the directory from the import list, then re-added and asked for another import refresh. Voila! It's correct now. It also fixed a lot of other discrepancies.

Is it possible to add an option for a full refresh that will act as if the directory was deleted from the import list without having to take all those steps?

Regards,
Rob

HP Media Center m390n, P4 2.4GHz, NVidia GeForce 5600 FX, Hauppauge PVR-250 PCI II, NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, Microsoft Windows Media Center PC 2005, 1GB RAM, (2) 600MB HD, Motorola DCT5000 STB, USB-UIRT, Time-Warner Digital Cable
Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Just curious... is SageTV configured to scan the lib dirs periodically? If so, maybe it did a scan while the CD was still being ripped & the first song wasn't done yet.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I thought so too, so I asked for a reimport/refresh and nothing changed. The moment I deleted the folder and re-added it, it popped right up. Got me.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Refreshing the imports won't affect anything unless you remove/re-add it like you did, or if the time stamp on the file changes. I was just mentioning the possibility that an incomplete file caused it in the first place & wondered if you had periodic scanning enabled.

- Andy
Old 12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like you guys got it figured out, but a sugggestion for the future. It sounds like you are doing your CD rips directly into your Sage import folder. If you ahve Sage set to autoscan the folders, you'll probably run into this again.

The solution is to either turn off the autoscan, or do your ripping into a temp folder on the import folder's hard drive, and then, when the time consuming part is done (since that is when Sage can scan a partial file), then do a file move into the permanent folder. That way, Sage doesn't have time to do a partial scan.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.