SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Sage Icon

Filtering converted videos

Is there a way to tell Sage to filter out (i.e. not show) converted videos in the same place as regular SageTV recordings?

I compress nearly everything to the PSP to watch when I'm on the road and my wife hates that there's two copies of everything when she goes to watch a show.

Thanks

Stacy
Old 12-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

bump..... Andy? What do you think here?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Unless I'm forgetting something (always possible), I don't think there is a way to filter those. You would have to submit a feature request to be able to distinguish transcoded recordings, or maybe to have a transcoded video added to the library instead of the recordings list when done.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
Is there a way to tell Sage to filter out (i.e. not show) converted videos in the same place as regular SageTV recordings?
In the TV Recordings screen, I switch to the 'Recordings' tab instead of the default 'All' tab. It keeps this setting between sessions. Then when I transcode, I go into the info page of the transcoded file and mark it as 'Archived'. The transcoded files then only show up in the Archived tab, and the video browser, not the recordings screen.

It's a manual process, but it works. Would be nice to have Sage had an archive checkbox right on the transcode screen.

Eric