SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Very odd lockup problem

I've run into an issue where one client will lock up everything else Sage is doing.

I'm running Sage 6.0.13.1 as a server (service mode only) on Windows XP SP2, with 2 Sage client computers and an MVP. I recently added a small 19" HDTV to my office, and hung it off of an HDMI port on my office computer (one of the clients mentioned above). Prior to this, the Sage client was just running as a window on the desktop.

Now, if I turn off the LCD HDTV and allow Sage to go into "idle" mode, I can't get it to recover when I turn the TV back on. What's worse is that until I kill the SageTV process, all my other clients stop working. They won't play video, and act as if they have "sort of" lost their connection to the server - it doesn't give me the "can't find server" screen, but the clients can't see upcoming recordings, etc.

If I kill the Sage client on my office system, everything starts working again. If I don't, then I can't recover the other clients at all. Even trying to restart them hangs during the splash screen. Looking at the server doesn't give any indication of a problem (low CPU and RAM usage), and stopping/starting the SageTV service doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The only way to prevent this is to close SageTV when I am done watching on the office computer, and not let it go to sleep. Anyone heard of this before?

SageTV Server: WinXP SP2, Athlon Dual Core 6000, 2GB of Ram
Office Client: Vista64, Athlon Dual Core 5600, 4GB of Ram
LR Client: XP SP2, Athlon 2800, 512K of RAM
Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you ever solve this problem?