SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD Extender & My Videos (dvds) scrolling freezes.

I'm having a very weird issue. I have about 230 DVD's stored on a NAS box that I have set as a video import folder in Sage. On the HD extender in both SageMC and Sage Default STV, when I scroll down through the movies when in folder view it freezes up the UI. I can back out of it a few times and get to the main menu so it's not completely frozen, just the videos area.

I switched it to list view and counted it's doing it at the 50th movie every time. If I get on the server (typically running in service mode) and load sage and do the exact same sort of thing, I don't have the issue. Nor do I have the issue with my MVP extender. I even tried loading the same STV I was using with the HD extender on both the MVP and the server.

Is there some sort of setting like a buffer or something that I need to modify for the extender to view those movies?

Both the NAS and Sage server have plenty of horsepower. I'm running the official SageTV 6.3.5 release and the firmware from late december on the HD extender. I was hoping to wait until the official release before upgrading.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Update: I had to take down my NAS for a while. When I brought it back up, I noticed all my DVD's had the IMDB info missing from them. Actually, even the titles for them that I had changed so they could be found in the IMDB search had reverted back to their originals.

And....now it doesn't freeze up anymore. So could there be too much IMDB info for sage to scroll through causing the freezes in the extender somehow?

And why did all my IMDB info disapear? It's gonna suck looking up all the info for 230+ dvds.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have the same fear about the IMDB information. If an import scan fires when a remote source is offline it seems that it would remove the entries from the Sage DB. Does anyone know if there is a way to protect against this.

I know there is the option to turn off automatic scanning of the import directories, but what if someone scans manually while the drive(s) are offline?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll test that out tonight, take down my NAS and force a rescan and see if it loses the IMDB data while it's offline.

Still not sure what's causing my HD extender to freeze when scrolling down through the list of DVDs when they all have IMDB info loaded though.

Maybe I'll just start using DVD Profiler instead.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fixed this problem, I deleted my sageclient.properties files and let sage rebuild them. Now everything works fine. As for IMDB info going poof, I have no idea. I decided to go with DVD Profiler to store my metadata instead and I love it.