SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Sage Icon

MVPs only play MPEG2, so both video and audio are transcoded.

It should work natively on HD200 with the SageTV 6.5.11 and the current HD200 beta firmware.

HD100 needs a firmware update that isn't available yet, but as a crude workaround you can make the following change to the HD100 .properties file
miniclient/disabled_audio_codecs=AAC
and anything with AAC will have video and audio transcoded and non-AAC will be played natively. Haven't done a test to see what happens with TV3 with this setting.

John
Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Sage User

no joy :(

Just tried 6.5.11 and the latest firmware beta for the HD200 and the audio still doesn't work on Freeview HD. I will file a bug report.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

Narflex has posted that MPEG-PS files on the HD200 will be fixed in the next firmware update.

John

Edit: here's the post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39977

Last edited by JREkiwi; 02-27-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

With the latest beta firmware for the HD100, all the NZ DVB-T channels I've tested now work.

John
Old 05-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
With the latest beta firmware for the HD100, all the NZ DVB-T channels I've tested now work.

John
I may have started this thread over a year ago but I dropped DVB-T until it was clear it was going to work. Now John has confirmed that it should, I've picked it up again. I have a headless SageTV 6.5 server and two HD100's. My predefined DVBT.frq file only has the Kaukau freqs as I can see the Kaukau mast from my place. Powercinema works so my HVR4000 card is fine.

I can't get past the "please wait for the video preview to load" or occasionally Error (-2, 0x80004005). I've even removed the DVB-S setup just in case that was getting in the way. There's a sense of Deja Vu here but I can't recall the reason. Any clues?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
I may have started this thread over a year ago but I dropped DVB-T until it was clear it was going to work. Now John has confirmed that it should, I've picked it up again. I have a headless SageTV 6.5 server and two HD100's. My predefined DVBT.frq file only has the Kaukau freqs as I can see the Kaukau mast from my place. Powercinema works so my HVR4000 card is fine.

I can't get past the "please wait for the video preview to load" or occasionally Error (-2, 0x80004005). I've even removed the DVB-S setup just in case that was getting in the way. There's a sense of Deja Vu here but I can't recall the reason. Any clues?
Not sure if this is the issue, but you still need to download the Monogram AAC decoder and the Arcsoft H.264 codec in HD Pack, mentioned in JREKiwi's post - http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...6&postcount=18

Anne

Last edited by zzmystique; 05-24-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmystique View Post
Not sure if this is the issue, but you still need to download the Monogram AAC decoder and the Arcsoft H.264 codec in HD Pack, mentioned in JREKiwi's post - http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...6&postcount=18

Anne
Anne

Thanks for the suggestion, had a bit of a Homer moment thinking it was something that simple so downloaded the HD2.1 pack, but found I already had the HD1.4 pack loaded from my last attempt. However, I am still getting strange error codes. I'll try again tommorow by removing the DVB-S tuner, restarting SageTV. Trouble is the WAF degrades considerably when you are trying to do this sort of thing during Desperate Housewives............

Pete
Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm afraid that frustration is now creeping in here

I have:

SageTV 6.5.9.204

Hauppauge HVR4000 and the latest drivers downloaded in a Microsoft update

PredefinedDVBT.freq with only the Kaukau frequencies loaded into the Program files/SageTV folder.

Ac3filter.ax and Monogram AAC filter mmaacd.ax (v.0.9.6.0) loaded into Program files/SageTV/Common folder

Hdpack2.1 from DVB Support (not V1.2) installed and Arcsoft Video decoder ASVid.ax (2,25.201.72) selected as the default with DECCHECK

In SageTV /detailed setup/ audio video I have selected

Video Renderer VMR9

MPEG2 video decoder = Arcsoft Video decoder (options Default, Arcsoft, Cybelrlink, Elecard & SageTV)

MPEG4 playback = Directshow (only options Directshow, SageTV)

Audio renderer = Soundmax, my audio card, but I have a headless system with HD100's

MPEG2 Audio decoder filter = AC3filter (options AC3filter, Cyberlink, MPEG audio decoder, SageTV audio decoder, ffdshow)

I still get “waiting for preview” and the spinning wheel of death when I select the DVB-T device and “Digital TV Tuner” it just hangs for ever

I also sometimes got Capture Error on playback Error(-2, 0x 80004005) please re-install SageTV. I can cancel that and get it to scan but it doesn’t find any channels. The manual says this is a java error and download the latest java so now have V6 update 13. and the error is now code is now –2, 0x80070491 which I assume is it just crashing in a different place

Any clues?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Sage Icon

Have you registered the Monogram AAC filter? (regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\mmaacd.ax")

Also, if you install the 6.5.16 beta it will give you the option of specifying the h.264 decoder to use.

Hopefully that will fix the Capture error.

You will never get a preview window until after you have done a scan, but when it times out you can proceed to the channel setup/scanning.

The SageTV supplied PredefinedDVBT.freq has Kaukau defined. You need to specify that location as the DVB-T Region when setting up the capture source.

John
Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

These are the settings I use,

Video Renderer EVR
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter SageTV MPEG Video
MPEG4 Playback DirectShow
H.264 Video Decoder Filter ArcSoft Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter SageTV MPEG Audio

SageTV version: SageTV V6.5.16.211
Java Version: 1.6.0_10 (had problems with later versions, not updated this for a while)

I also installed the HD pack 1.9 (I think the latest is 2.1)

Hope this helps.

Anne
Old 05-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

John/Anne

Thanks for your input; a far more sensible experience now the preview screen has been removed and it doesn't hang. However, its still not working for DVBT.

Quote:
You need to specify that location as the DVB-T Region when setting up the capture source.
I would assume that after the step selecting "Digital TV Tuner" and then "continue" the list of regions in the predefinedDVBT.frq file should presented so I can select Kaukau. Much the same way as the satelites are presented when doing DVBS. That isn't happening.

Any further clues?

Pete

Last edited by Doubletop; 05-31-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I would assume that after the step selecting "Digital TV Tuner" and then "continue" the list of sites in the predefinedDVBT.frq file should presented so I can select Kaukau. Much the same way as the satelites are presented when doing DVBS. That isn't happening.
Pete, that is what should happen. I'd turn on debug logging and see if anything obvious pops up in the logs.

You could also try setting it up one of your HD-100s, in case there's something wierd happening on the PC UI.

John
Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

John

I had tried it with the HD100 and the same thing.

Log attached there are some errors in here including the 0x80004005 error but the content of the file doesn't mean much to me. In here is the restart from switching on debug followed by adding the DVB-T tuner. and doing a scan.

Pete
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (741.1 KB, 296 views)
Old 06-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Pete, for some reason it's capturing on "Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod". It should be using "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture".

I'll have a bit more of a look at it tomorrow.

John
Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Currently on an HVR-400 you should be using the Digital TV Tuner on "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture" for DVB-T

DVB-S uses the Digital TV Tuner on "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture<DVB-S>"

Looks like the entries that you have for the DVBDream Network encoder are causing a bit of a conflict.

Try stopping SageTV and deleting all the lines in the Sage.properties that start with " mmc/encoders/12345/". Hopefully that will stop the incorrect encoder entry and you will be able to set up your DVB-T on "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture"

John
Old 06-02-2009, 04:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

John / Pete

Just tried this myself on a test PC with the HVR4000 and I have the same problem.

Selected the "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture" and the DVB-T Region option doesn't appear in the list.
So no option to scan for channels.

Adding my Nova-DT 500 is no problem - all works fine.

Seems to be an issue with the HVR4000 only.

Anne
Old 06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Currently on an HVR-400 you should be using the Digital TV Tuner on "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture" for DVB-T
John
I've tried the "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture" device and I get a list of DVB-S providers which obviuosly isn't right and when I select OptusdD1 it isn't picking up my LOF freqs either, something else strange there .

I had been trying the DVB-T device for DVB-T which of course would seem to be the obvious choice.

I've deleted the DVBDream network encoder from the properties file as suggested

As Anne is experiencing the same problem with the HVR4000 maybe there's more than something specific to me.

I'll keep tinkering

Pete
Old 06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've tried the "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture" device and I get a list of DVB-S providers which obviuosly isn't right and when I select OptusdD1 it isn't picking up my LOF freqs either, something else strange there .

I'll keep tinkering

Pete
Fixed it in the properties file find the entry for "Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture" and change the line to mmc/encoders/xxxxxx/broadcast_standard=DVB-T (it was set to DVB-S)

I should have known not to use "Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod" for DVB-T

Its all working fine now

John/Anne again thanks for your help

Pete

Last edited by Doubletop; 06-05-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Pete, I'm curious as to what values you have in the registry at
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture]

John
Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Pete, I'm curious as to what values you have in the registry at
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\AdditionalCaptureSetups\Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture]

John
(default) REG_SZ (value not set)
CaptureMask REG_DWORD 0x00005000 (20480)
ChipsetMask REG_WORD 0x000000010 (16)
hybrid REG_SZ Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture

Pete

Last edited by Doubletop; 06-06-2009 at 05:48 PM.