SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Shows Black Screen (no UI)?

Has anybody else seen this?

When I exit out of the Sage GUI (either by killing the process or exiting full screen and hitting the [X] button in the title bar), and then start it up again, I see the following:

1. The splash screen shows up and does it's "normal" thing (initializing user interface, contacting server, etc...I forget the acutal text)

2. The splash screen goes away and the new window has a normal title bar, but the GUI is just a black window.

3. The CPU useage stays really high but does fluctate between 100% and 90%. (I believe this means something is happening--but I don't know what)

4. The computer seems to be workingfine other wise (other windows and apps still run, granted everything's slow)

5. After about 5 minutes of this, I just get a few beeps, the cursor stops, the computer freezes (no blue screen, just nothing happens--no screen referesh, keyboard and mouse just freeze) and I need to reboot the computer. (The window just stays black)

Yesterday, before I started sage, I turned the service off and on, and then started sage and it worked.

Has anybody seen this? IS there some logging or somethign I can do to help me figure this out? (Or is this a bug I should tell sage about?)

FYI:
Running 6.3.10 in service mode. Also have 1 place shifter and 1 client and neither show this problem.

Thanks!

rwc
Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am seeing this too and it is really beginning to frustrate me. Have you gotten any where with it? I canbe using it and 10 minutes later... black screen and NOTHING responds.
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Sage User

I've had it happen in the past and just now. It seems to be after upgrades. I can rebuild the properties file and it will work. Then, something I set brings it back... It only happens when I am using SageMC.

Last edited by 18Scoobz; 03-18-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 AM
Sage User

Remembered my solution

I found out what I did to resolve the issue last time. I had to change who the service was running as. If it was running as a local system account and I was administrator it would go to blank screen. If i changed it to running as administrator it would work. I may be wrong but if you are running the local system account you could check the allow the service to interact with desktop box it might help or change who is running the service. I don't know that you want your ui running as administrator though. Hope this helps.