SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stutter

Is there any way to get rid of the slight "pause" when you are previewing channels. For example, when I press the "up" button to see what is on other channels, liveTv slightly pauses each time I press the "up" button. When I used to run BeyondTV, it was seamless.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Administrator

The pause you are referring to is the process of changing from recording to/playing from the file for one show and switching to a new file for the new show. There is no way around that, since SageTV records each show to its own file rather than using a circular buffer.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

I should have been more clear. I am not changing the channel, just previewing what is on other channels (description only, while still watching the same channel I had on).
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Where, exactly, is this happening? What are the steps you are doing to get this to happen? I've never run into that & am not sure why it would do that.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Where, exactly, is this happening? What are the steps you are doing to get this to happen? I've never run into that & am not sure why it would do that.

- Andy
Ok, let's say I'm watching liveTV. I want to see what else is on without going into the guide. I can either use the up arrows on my remote or the up arrow on my keyboard to see a description of what is playing on other channels. EVERY time I press the up button (or down button) it slightly freezes the show I'm watching for .5-1second and then displays the description of what is on that other channel. This happens every single time. I'm running the newest version of Sage (Downloaded the trial a few days ago) and I have a freshly built Dual Core HTPC with hardly any apps running.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
Ok, let's say I'm watching liveTV. I want to see what else is on without going into the guide. I can either use the up arrows on my remote or the up arrow on my keyboard to see a description of what is playing on other channels.
Then I'm moving this to the customizations forum because that isn't part of the default interface.

All issues encountered while using customizations go in the customizations forum & you should specify what customization you are using or else no one will know what to suggest & replies may be far off the mark, like my initial reply above. Alternatively, you can try to reproduce an issue while not using any customizations; if the problem still occurs that way, you can either post in the SageTV Software forum section for help from other users or contact tech support.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

It sounds like you're using SageMC 16x9 and accessing the mini-guide that is part of that. You may actually have to go to the new subforum for SageMC 16x9 and pursue it. I don't see that issue when I run SageMC.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Then I'm moving this to the customizations forum because that isn't part of the default interface.

All issues encountered while using customizations go in the customizations forum & you should specify what customization you are using or else no one will know what to suggest & replies may be far off the mark, like my initial reply above. Alternatively, you can try to reproduce an issue while not using any customizations; if the problem still occurs that way, you can either post in the SageTV Software forum section for help from other users or contact tech support.

- Andy
I didn't customize. I think gplasky is correct.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
I didn't customize. I think gplasky is correct.
SageMC is a customization.

Anything other than an unmodified SageTV3.xml as your STV is a customization.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wait a second, I downloaded the trial....is that MC or just SageTv? I got confused because the trial download says SageTv MediaCenter
Old 04-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

lol, I just realized that SageTv doesn't have this feature.....I thought it did because BTV had it and it looked similar and my channels on the cable box are not changing because I don't have it set up with an IR blaster yet. I guess we don't have this feature after all.....nevermind
Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Just to clarify, in case you are unsure: the product is SageTV Media Center. You can choose an alternate interface by selecting a different STV file, one of which is the "SageMC" custom interface.

SageMC does have a feature to view guide info for other channels while on the playback screen. I believe there is also an import to add that as a customization for the default STV.

So.... are you now saying that you are using the SageTV-provided default interface & that it was changing channels, so that's why there was a pause as the recording changed? I think that's what you mean & that it looked like only the guide info was changing due to the STB channel not actually changing.

I'm just trying to get us all to the same point before finishing this topic.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just to clarify, in case you are unsure: the product is SageTV Media Center. You can choose an alternate interface by selecting a different STV file, one of which is the "SageMC" custom interface.

SageMC does have a feature to view guide info for other channels while on the playback screen. I believe there is also an import to add that as a customization for the default STV.

So.... are you now saying that you are using the SageTV-provided default interface & that it was changing channels, so that's why there was a pause as the recording changed? I think that's what you mean & that it looked like only the guide info was changing due to the STB channel not actually changing.

I'm just trying to get us all to the same point before finishing this topic.

- Andy
Exactly!