SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

HDHR has all digital channels as NO SIGNAL in 6.4.6

Help!

Installled 6.4.6 and the new HDHR release software designed for it.

I followed the HDHR instructions exactly and all I get inside Sage is NO SIGNAL

HDHR setup can see all of the channels in VLC

I dleted the old HDHR tuners in sage.properties then ran Sage once before quitting and running HDHR setup. Then I carefully mapped all the channel names and guide number (no one ever said what that actually was, so Ised the comcast channel number listed in zap2it guide).

Then I saved HDHR info, then saterted sage again, then added a single HDHR tuner and did a channel scan. It said it found 68 channels (same number as HDHR found).

It seems to have "mapped" all of them, but they are cryptic num,bers. For instance, CNNHD is CH78-21 in the HDHR "Tune" column. It is called CNNHD and I set the guide number to 234 (that's what channel it's on in the guide).

Sage has it mapped to 79-1008-234. What is "1008" this looks like the olkd, cryptic codes we used to use back then QAM was a test with the on-Air GT?

Please help. I understand that you can't go back on firmware in the HDHR. Myu wife is going to KILL me if she has to watch Monk in standard def tonight!!!

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have an HDHR and an HVR-1600 working with 6.4.6

One problem I ran into before was with service mode. If I ran Sage "Not" in service mode I could get my HDHR channels to work. If I enabled service mode they would not.

I re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed and it all works fine now.. Service mode and all.

Something to try...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDtyF350 View Post
I have an HDHR and an HVR-1600 working with 6.4.6

One problem I ran into before was with service mode. If I ran Sage "Not" in service mode I could get my HDHR channels to work. If I enabled service mode they would not.

I re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed and it all works fine now.. Service mode and all.

Something to try...

I am running in Service mode, but re-formatting my hard drive is absolutely not an option here.

There has to be another way to make this work. I thought all this was fixed with 6.4.6!!! ARRGGHHH
Old 08-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Have you followed the instructions here?

What STV are you using? You can check it on the System Info screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can you post your SCN files generated by the HDHR setup?
Old 08-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Have you followed the instructions here?

What STV are you using? You can check it on the System Info screen.

- Andy
Update.....

Yes, Andy those were the instructions.

All seems to be fine now. For some reason, after I deleted the .SCN and .FRQ files then went into HDHR software again, it regenerated .SCN files and Sage was fine.

So, stupid question.... why did we change (again) the way the HDHR worked? This really isn't any easier than it was with 6.3.... in fact there's another step.

Stacy
Old 08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Same Here

I am having the same exact problem
Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

titaniun,

All I did was go into the Sage directory, delete the FRQ and SCN files for the silicon dust tuners and start the process over again. Luckily, I didn't have to type all the crap back into the HDHR setup program. I just hit APPLY in HDHR and it generated a new SCN file.

Then I did another channel scan on BOTH tuners in sage and it generated a new FRQ file and it's worked fine since.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
So, stupid question.... why did we change (again) the way the HDHR worked? This really isn't any easier than it was with 6.3.... in fact there's another step.
Hi Stacy,

A growing number of complaints about both the 68-channel limit and quality issues regarding use of the Microsoft BDA driver spurred the change. Except for the glitch you encountered, I think this is an easier approach to setting up the HDHR (especially for those with GT>68 channels!). I don't have to hand-enter any remaps, but instead do a Scan for Additional Channels to populate my active channels. All my channel pre-set is done in one place.

Where did the '1008' in the 79-1008-234 come from? The QAM driver is still utilizing 'translation' files to set the proper tuner frequency so the Physical Channel numbers are interpreted. It seems that SiliconDust and SageTV decided to kill two birds and utilize a 'token' to allow the user to set, via 'Guide Number' where they wanted the Logical Channel set. The user can use a whole cable channel number OR a dotted number. The 1008 gets inserted when whole numbers are used.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Update.....

Stacy
Valid question, I would think. I'm still running the HDHR software from last October with 6.4.4.

EDIT: Our brethren over at snapstream don't have it any better.

Last edited by flavius; 08-01-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am running in Service mode, but re-formatting my hard drive is absolutely not an option here.

There has to be another way to make this work. I thought all this was fixed with 6.4.6!!! ARRGGHHH
Ha.. I wasn't meaning you should re-format.. I had other reasons besides just Sage.. I don't really understand why people play with Betas though on a machine that they can't nuke and re-install at will...
Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

In addition to fixing the 68 channel QAM limit, personally, I didn't find the old setup easier. When I scanned for OTA channels in SageTV the old way, I had to view each one & map to the proper channels. Similarly, when I scanned QAM channels, I then had to verify the mappings in SageTV, since it sometimes didn't map to the correct channel.

Now, I do the original scan in the HDHR software & save those results. For QAM scans, it tries to match to actual channel names, which I don't believe happens at all inside SageTV since QAM doesn't seem to have that info... or at least I don't remember seeing it. One of the things that could be improved here is when you rescan, teh HDHR channel editor resets the things I've changed. So, I keep copies of the .xml files created from the HDHR scan & grab my old changes from there. I need to view & check everything only once; after that, I simply check the channel name & number edits after a rescan. If there are any new channels, I only have to view & check those few new ones.

In SageTV during the HDHR tuner setup, I do nothing but scan for channels & it does all the remapping correctly on my system. I don't remember being able to remove a tuner, add it, rescan, and not have to go through the process of checking everything & remapping everything using the old setup method.

And, you can now use your HDHR scn/frq files for your other (non-HDHR) OTA/QAM tuners now, if you know how to copy/rename the files for those tuners.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Sage User

Deleting the scn and frq files didn't help me. I still get no signal.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium View Post
Deleting the scn and frq files didn't help me. I still get no signal.
If you are still having issues, please post the process you've followed to upgrade; including downloads, updates and reboots.

EDIT:
I also noticed you have an HVR-1600. Is this still tuning correctly?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Sage User

Yes the HVR-1600 is tuning correctly. Just using the analog tuner

Actually I just did a fresh install of Sage. Still no signal on HDHR
Old 08-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Sage User

Okay. I figured it out. i needed to upgrade to HDHR sw 20080727 I was on 0723. Saw that on another post by Opus.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.