SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Request: Auto Aspect Ratio Switcher

Hey,

I was looking for a way to have Sage automatically toggle between different preset of aspect ratios (i.e fill, source) which I can select for each channel. I found the import in the "list" forum that such a thing existed for a previous version of Sage, not not to say the link doesn't work.

I would really appreciate someone making such a tool where the plugin basically stores which aspect ratio (the user sets it) to use for each channel. Basically there can be a "default" preset that I choose, which works for all channels except some exceptions which I can identify to use a different preset. I think such a tool would be helpful to alot of people specially those watching both SD and HD TV.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

An import currently exists and has worked very well in the past. It's Called "Automatic Aspect Ratio Switcher" by nielm...... It works 'almost' great with v6. It currently prevents me from viewing online video content on my client. The audio plays fine but the 'downloading' message stays up and no video. I think a fix is available by disabling the osd - check this forum http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14146

Edit: Setting "Show Debug Window on Setting AR"=Disable under the options menu will fix the online video display problem.

Last edited by wado1971; 09-10-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Add - osd fix