SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

No cursor, garbled root menu when playing DVD from folder

I've got a new setup, I'm pretty sure the problem is just me. I ripped the first DVD in my collection to a folder and added the parent (D:\DVD\) to the media folders list. The rip was full disk, I wanted everything.

When I try and play this in SageTV, I get the FBI warning, then the main menu. But, I don't see any "cursor". That is, the little drawn on indicator to show me which menu item I'm selecting. I can still navigate the menu if I just do it blind (left once then OK selects the second menu item). Also, I'm in the 2nd level screen, if I select "home" from that screen I go back to the root menu (which is how the DVD navigation is set up), but the root menu static picture is all garbled, the image is recognizable, but all the colors are way off.

Finally, how do I navigate while watching this video? Is there a "root menu" command I can map from my remote?

I'm using the Sage decoder.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question

Nevermind. I downloaded the Nvidia PureVideo encoder. I'm happier with the picture quality and it shows the DVD menu "cursor" correctly.

Last edited by kbyrd; 09-18-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Install and/or try a different video decoder. nVidia, Cyberlink PowerDVD or Arcsoft are good choices. Make sure you choose the actual decoder in the Detailed Setup-DVD and don't leave it at default.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.