SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Sage User

DVD Thumbnail Size

I have searched the forums and could not find the answer to this..... Is there a size limitation on the DVD thumbnails? I have been pulling some images from nicecovers.com, but most will not work until I get the size >= 6k. Is there a property to modify to bump that up?

Charles
Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

You mean 6kB? I'm pretty sure I've had them working with far larger files than that. Didn't do anything special.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
You mean 6kB? I'm pretty sure I've had them working with far larger files than that. Didn't do anything special.
Yes, 6kb. If I save the image directly from nicecovers.com, it is around 42kb in size and will not load. If I pull it into paint and resize 50% it will be around 14kb, but only load half the image. If I reduce it even further, to around 6kb, it will show the whole image.

The only reason I started this project is I found some nice images on nicecovers that I would love to use, but been having a time getting them to work.

NOTE: I am running SageMC if that matters....
Old 09-25-2008, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

These "folder.jpg" images? What happens in the stock STV? The vast majority of my "folder.jpg" covers are well over 6kB, more like 50-60kB.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
These "folder.jpg" images? What happens in the stock STV? The vast majority of my "folder.jpg" covers are well over 6kB, more like 50-60kB.
Thanks for helping me work through this stanger.....

The images are in the video_ts folder named 'folder.jpg'. I have also tried putting the image in the root with the respective video folder name with the IMDB mass importer. The images the IMDB mass importer pulls from IMDB work great, but once I pull the new image from nicecovers.com and replace the existing image, it either wont load or only loads a partial image.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Hm, all mine are called "folder.jpg" and in the same folder as the VIDEO_TS folder.

Here's a question (actually 2), how big are the IMDB images, and what format are the nicecovers images (jpg, png, etc)?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this matters... but the covers from nicecovers are in png format.... have you tried to convert them to jpg and see if that matters?

Also, try "touching" the movie on which you are updating. Then tell sage to refresh it's movies. I wonder if sage is "caching" the previous image size, so that it only loads a portion of your new image. (this is just a guess)
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Sage User

stanger - I have noticed most of the IMDB images are around 6kb (at least the few I have been experimenting with.)

stuckless - Thank you for clearing that up, I was about to reply to stanger to say I was saving in a JPG format. I will try to save as PNG then convert to JPG tonight....

stuckless - After I refresh an image, I always shut down and restart Sage to make sure the new image is loaded.

Thanks for the help guys! I will play some more tonight and post back.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 AM

Post or send a jpg that works.

Would it be possible for someone to post a link to a jpg that works as a video_ts thumbnail. I have tried IMDB, Nicecovers resized but nothing is showing up. I am naming the jpg the same as the DVD name. ie..
LIAR LIAR\Video_ts\liar liar.jpg. I also tried liarliar.jpg. Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

tharris9d
Old 09-28-2008, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Here is a sticky on sage metadata properties
Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris9d View Post
Would it be possible for someone to post a link to a jpg that works as a video_ts thumbnail. I have tried IMDB, Nicecovers resized but nothing is showing up. I am naming the jpg the same as the DVD name. ie..
LIAR LIAR\Video_ts\liar liar.jpg. I also tried liarliar.jpg. Is this correct?
Should be folder.jpg and should be in the "LIAR LIAR" folder (at least that's where I put mine).
Old 09-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Sage User

Okay, I finally had a chance to play with this some more last night. I found that the image size does not matter as you guys have pointed out. What I have to do is close the client, then stop & start the Sage service, then open the client and the new images load just fine. (this is all running on the same machine.) I converted about 20% of my library last night and the service stop & start worked every time.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you try Refresh Media Library? And you might want to submit a bug report about that, doesn't seem like it should be working like that.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Did you try Refresh Media Library? And you might want to submit a bug report about that, doesn't seem like it should be working like that.
Yes, I tried several times to refresh. I tried running it in the background as well as in the foreground (waiting for it to refresh.) It's weird, sometimes the image would not load at all, sometimes it would only load a partial image. The box is an Intel DP35DP motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66, 4GB memory, 400GB drive, Windows XP Pro...so its not a slacker by any means, which is why it was puzzling me.

I have not submitted a bug report, but I may for the sake of other users. Its not a big deal for me, as long as I know how to get them loaded.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Sometimes in SageMC it's a two step procedure. You need to refresh the media library. And then go out of the Video Library and come back into it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.