SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Can someone tell me how to change the blue transparency color in SageMC from blue to a no color grey transparency? I remember changing this before, but can't remember where...

FYI, you are actually in the default STV in that screen.

Dirk added some magical code that retains your background. You can change everything else (to the extent possible) by modifying the default STV theme to match your SageMC theme. This may involve copying and renaming graphics from your SageMC theme and maybe changing some theme.properties settings in the default STV theme.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Just to be sure, the IMDB import function is partially broken because of a IMDB site change right? I think this is something that needs to be fixed on the IMDB import jar - not a problem with SageMC but want someone to confirm this is correct.

No summary
No Cast
No Backstage

So it only imports the cover image right now - is that right?
I'm pretty sure that stuff should work. Did we inadvertantly stick the old IMDB jar file back into the download?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'm pretty sure that stuff should work. Did we inadvertantly stick the old IMDB jar file back into the download?
I think it's the right jar file - but I think that latest IMDB search was borked by the IMDB site again. If you have it working let me know so I know to try working on it some more...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think it's the right jar file - but I think that latest IMDB search was borked by the IMDB site again. If you have it working let me know so I know to try working on it some more...
I just tested it with a search for 'Batman Begins' and it worked fine for me. Did you restart your server after updating the jar file?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just tested it with a search for 'Batman Begins' and it worked fine for me. Did you restart your server after updating the jar file?

Aloha,
Mike
Try a television show. It seems to have the same problem the current IMDB stvi does, episodes don't show up on the left.

Love the new version and the Parallel schedule view especially!! One thing though, mouse clicking (i.e. going back a page) doesn't appear to work in that view. I'll use the Toolbar anyway so no big deal!
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL

Last edited by phelme; 10-18-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In case the SageTV forums has trouble in the future like it did this morning, I've seeded a torrent for both the full version and the update version of SageMC 6.3.8
Feel free to join me in seeding. Posted links in the SageMC blog post also.

SageMC 6.3.8 Upgrade Install Torrent (only for upgrades from other versions of SageMC)
SageMC 6.3.8 Full Install Torrent (only for new SageMC installs)
Brent... the torrent links seem to be broken....
Old 10-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage Expert

tried it, no luck

Ok, I installed the new build (complete).

When I ran the new interface, it came up with Internal Screen Not Found on Sage Recordings and a number of other menu choices, including Detailed Setup so I couldn't change it back.

Help!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedml View Post
Ok, I installed the new build (complete).

When I ran the new interface, it came up with Internal Screen Not Found on Sage Recordings and a number of other menu choices, including Detailed Setup so I couldn't change it back.

Help!
Did you already have SageMC installed and were just upgrading?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Sage Expert

No, I was using the standard interface and installed this. There may have been leftover files from previous SageMC failed installations but they should have been all overwritten by the new files, no?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

From the main SageMC menu do this:
My Menu (settings)>Load STV>
and choose this file:
Quote:
SageMC_169.xml
That should re-load SageMC and hopefully take care of the problem

If that doesn't work try loading SageMC.xml through the dynamic menu configuration screen:
Options (rightclick) and choose the 1st item on main menu options menu
Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, I was using the standard interface and installed this. There may have been leftover files from previous SageMC failed installations but they should have been all overwritten by the new files, no?
Did you load or import? You have to load SageMC_169.xml.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage Expert

I loaded it, and about 1/2 of it works. But not minor things like 'Sage Recordings' or 'Setup' :|
Old 10-18-2008, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I loaded it, and about 1/2 of it works. But not minor things like 'Sage Recordings' or 'Setup' :|
Tell us what steps you took to load it. Give detail.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Sage Expert

Let me make it clear. I am sure I am using the new SageMC menu. It has the 4 day forecast, etc. but it says "Internal Screen Not Found' for a lot of menu choices.

Assume I loaded it correctly.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Assume I loaded it correctly.
I would if it were working for you but... don't want to assume given it isn't

Try what I suggested in post # 30 above

Let us know how that goes.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage Expert

I give up (again, sigh)

THE SAGEMC MENU WAS UP BUT DIDN'T WORK. I have already restored my backup to normal SageTV and am giving up on SageMC AGAIN
Old 10-18-2008, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
THE SAGEMC MENU WAS UP BUT DIDN'T WORK. I have already restored my backup to normal SageTV and am giving up on SageMC AGAIN
Probably for the best. I tried to help you but it wasn't meant to be obviously.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, putting 2 hours in and giving up? It would probably take you way longer to configure everything to your liking anyway, if two hours is all your willing to give it. You should be thankful that you were able to at least download everything!

For future reference, it really helps those trying to help you, if you provide more details.

On another note, Brent, briands mentioned that the torrent links don't work, and I'm seeing the same thing. I haven't been able to download the new versions from Sage forums...
Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Mike, I am completely lost when it comes to which part in theme.properties (see attachment) changes that transparent blue color (shown in the screenshot). All I want to do is make that greyscale. Any chance you could tell me what to change to make that happen? Replacing graphics, I can figure out... just not this. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer..

Quote:
FYI, you are actually in the default STV in that screen.

Dirk added some magical code that retains your background. You can change everything else (to the extent possible) by modifying the default STV theme to match your SageMC theme. This may involve copying and renaming graphics from your SageMC theme and maybe changing some theme.properties settings in the default STV theme.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip themepropertiesfile.zip (885 Bytes, 193 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Sage User

I just installed SageMC and got the same results as freedml. I running the standard Sage STVi. They way I did my install; went to sage detail setup,advanced,SageTV Application Package, selected SageMC_169.xml. I did this on an HD extender. I am running 6.4.8 of sage. My Sage install is a fresh install. SageMC has never been installed.