SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Sage Expert

Maybe the reason I am not having trouble with the traffic is that I have a GB NIC in my server and it is connected to a GB switch as are all my extenders and my HDHR, also.

Thanks for the feedback...

Gary Ellis
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
Maybe the reason I am not having trouble with the traffic is that I have a GB NIC in my server and it is connected to a GB switch as are all my extenders and my HDHR, also.

Thanks for the feedback...

Gary Ellis
That would be a reason. I have the same setup and I have no problems with network traffic. With this update 4 programs (2 HDHRs) recording at the same time yielded 9-12 MB/sec in task manager. As I canceled each recording, it dropped 3-4 MB each time.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

I was really hoping Sage would implement the ability to capture multiple sub-channels at once from a single tuner. Guess I can keep hoping.

Last edited by blade; 10-28-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

that's a sweet idea... if you happen to have recordings on the same stream that would save on tuners.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
that's a sweet idea... if you happen to have recordings on the same stream that would save on tuners.
Sage, are you listening? I was thinking the same thing. I have several QAM channels that have different networks on the different sub-channels. Plus ALL of the digital SD channels on my Comcast setup are on the same channel. I could grab all the networks SD digital channels using only one tuner! CBS, ABC, FOX, PBS, ION, CW, etc, etc!!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Sage User

Post-fix No Signal issue

I'm running SageTV 6.4.8 and upgraded my HDHR drivers to version 20081002. I shut down SageTV, replaced the DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax files, and restarted SageTV. Now I can't tune several of my 720 and 1080 channels - it shows as "No Signal" in SageTV. They still look great in VLC. What does tune in takes less bandwidth, but it doesn't help me if I can't watch/record the channels I want.

I've tried removing the tuners from SageTV, rescanning them with HD HomeRun Setup, and adding them back to SageTV, but it doesn't change anything. When I revert to the old DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax the channels tune again, but then I'm right back to the old bandwidth problem and I can't record multiple shows (well, at least not more than 2) and I have 2 HDHRs that I'd like to make use of.

Anyone have a similar problem? Any solution ideas?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

Try to do a video scan from video setup on those cards. If that still fails, try the beta.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaviodoc View Post
I'm running SageTV 6.4.8 and upgraded my HDHR drivers to version 20081002. I shut down SageTV, replaced the DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax files, and restarted SageTV. Now I can't tune several of my 720 and 1080 channels - it shows as "No Signal" in SageTV. They still look great in VLC. What does tune in takes less bandwidth, but it doesn't help me if I can't watch/record the channels I want.

I've tried removing the tuners from SageTV, rescanning them with HD HomeRun Setup, and adding them back to SageTV, but it doesn't change anything. When I revert to the old DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax the channels tune again, but then I'm right back to the old bandwidth problem and I can't record multiple shows (well, at least not more than 2) and I have 2 HDHRs that I'd like to make use of.

Anyone have a similar problem? Any solution ideas?
Did you follow all the instruction completely in this post?
HDHR setup

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Try to do a video scan from video setup on those cards. If that still fails, try the beta.
Thanks. Assuming you mean for me to scan for available channels from within SageTV without having scanned in HD HomeRun Setup (i.e., without the resulting .scn files), the result is that I get 10 channels, which is even fewer than before - none of the previously "No Signal" channels work and many of those that did now don't. From HD HomeRun Setup (or Config), I'm able to tune 90 channels, all of which tune correctly using the old files in SageTV.

Incidentally, attempting to tune the channels that show as "No Signal" uses the same (huge) bandwidth they used when tuned successfully with the old versions of DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax. Go figure.

I guess it's time to try beta 6.5.1...

----update----
By the time I got to it (1 day later), 6.5.2 was available. Good news! I installed the new beta and now all channels tune successfully and use a reasonable amount of bandwidth. I just completed a successful test of simultaneously recording 4 HD shows. Thanks again

Last edited by behaviodoc; 11-22-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: new information
Old 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Did you follow all the instruction completely in this post?
HDHR setup

Gerry
As far as I can tell, yes. Given that all channels tune successfully using the old DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax files, it seems especially likely.