SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Sage User

USB-UIRT

I am currently a BTV user (and have been for almost 3 yrs). I considered trying/changing to SageTV a while back (I ran into too many issues).

Well I am back and would love to try another crack at SageTV (now that the wife can watch TV on BTV upstairs...while I play with SageTV and shift downstairs, on 2 computers).

I haven't had problems with the USB-UIRT's I even have zones on them setup for BTV.

I am stuck with the frackin USB-UIRT - Failed setting the Infrared Reciever Port! Please ensure that the device is connected.

I am at a total loss as to why this is happening....to the best of my knowledge nothing is using it (not sure how to check...but I do not have anything that would be using it on the system). BTV use to be on this system....maybe it won't let go? BTV is uninstalled.
I have unistalled the device/drivers....reinstalled to other USB ports on the computer as well.

The only thing I can think of doing is blowing away any references of BTV in the registry.

I have searched the forums...but I can not seem to find anything that helps.

I must confess ...I am totally new to the SageTV ....not even sure I posted this in the right forum area.

Pls any help!
Cheers
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you wanting to use the USB-UIRT as a IR receiver or as a IR blaster?

At what point are you seeing the following error message?
Quote:
Failed setting the Infrared Reciever Port! Please ensure that the device is connected.
Have you done setup all the way through or are you getting this error during setup?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Sage User

Hi Brent,

I want it to blast/change the channels on the Sat IRD and I get the error during the initial setup.

I decided to do a format and fresh install on a spare HD I had....and all I have installed is SageTV...windows updates and drivers for the devices I have.
Still get the error

It happens during setup..when I add tuner..select S-Video and then - Please select a tuning option for Hauppauge WinTv PVR - I then pick Use external Cable or Satellite reciever to tune channel try to pick USB-UIRT...then get Failed setting the Infrared Transmitter Port.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

I went from BeyondTV to Sage without any problems. I actually just disabled running BeyondTV at startup so I could switch back quickly but never had any problems.

Did you download the latest drivers from the site? Try changing the USB port.

What is the OS?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Sage User

I found the fix. I ran into a similar problem with BeyondTV. In BTV I had to go into the web admin and tell BTV to use the USB-UIRT specifically named in the system hardware ie USB-UIRT-2 or USB-UIRT-3. Therefore it had to be added in the BTv web admin as USB-UIRT-2 or -3 (what was showing in the system hardware properties).

As it turns out...when I was installing the USB-UIRT....it was going in the system hardware USB-UIRT properties as USB-UIRT 2.
SageTV did not like this
Using the rename usb-uirt program found here http://www.power-home.com/download/uurename.zip. I renamed the usb-uirt to 1.
I can now select the usb-uirt and no error

Hope this helps others
Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Thats definitely a strange one. Glad to hear you figured it out.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

This is a limitation in Sage you can only use 1 USBUIRT, after that you'll need multitunerplugin and use EventGhost or Girder. Even those which can support multiple USBUIRTs i dunno if they would work after being renamed like that. Why did you need to do that in BTV?

I too used BTV for several years a couple years ago. Sagetv is a night and day different beast. BTV is a PVR app only, Sagetv can operate as a media server.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
This is a limitation in Sage you can only use 1 USBUIRT
See:

How to use multiple USB-UIRTs with SageTV

From the sticky:
Information Resources for Remotes, Receivers, and IR Blasters

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
This is a limitation in Sage you can only use 1 USBUIRT, after that you'll need multitunerplugin and use EventGhost or Girder. Even those which can support multiple USBUIRTs i dunno if they would work after being renamed like that. Why did you need to do that in BTV?

I too used BTV for several years a couple years ago. Sagetv is a night and day different beast. BTV is a PVR app only, Sagetv can operate as a media server.
Not sure why I had to do this...but for some strange reason the usb-uirt decided to install as usb-uirt 2
If I recall....the uirt stopped working with BTV for no apparent reason...reinstalled the drivers and would not work until I entered the usb-uirt 2 in the video/audio web admin area. To reflect what was in the System Hardware Properties of the usb-uirt.

Is there any file/place I can add this mod into SagetV?