SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Issues with 28.2 channels XMLTV

I'm trying to complete my move to Sage... Any help would be great, I know a couple of you out there have similar hardware to me, so any help would be fantastic... If anyone fancied a remote look at my system for a paypal donation that would be great too.

I have two extenders on the way.. and I have the 1st of my floppyDTV card.

I need a bit of help...

I understand that I need to use xmltv to refresh my local tv listings... I see a couple of howto's, but i don't understand them. I have Stephaines Importer, and understand the concept of that but getting the data in the 1st place isn't as easy a concept.
I guess I need to regularly get the data and then import it. how does this work ?
From what i understand sage will build the channel list from this and associate with a seperate file with a list of frequencies ?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
You will need to use an xmltv grabber with radiotimes (free) or digiguide(subscription). I prefer digiguide as it provides a lot more channels but it costs £10 a year if I remember rightly.

Didnt you post earlier with the same problem? I cant seem to find that post now though, which is strange.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

post got pulled i used bad words...

i kinda need a bit more help on the capture bit... which service do i need from digiguide ?