SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Hauppauge credit card remote

Hi all,

I just got a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950 (model 1198), which works nicely with SageTV. It came with their "credit card sized" remote that has 35 buttons. Does anyone know if that remote can be used with SageTV? There doesn't appear to be an option for it in the list of remote choices in SageTV.

Thanks for any tips,
Andy
Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you try just choosing the Hauppauge remote in Sage?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Does it come with it's on IR dongle? Are you using it with an extender or a computer?

If you using it with a computer and the dongle is connected to computer and not the video capture card, then you may want to use a program called event ghost to see if it works with your dongle.

Sage can learn remote commands (they have some pre configured hauppauge remotes but don't know about that one.), so basically you can use any remote but you would need a dongle if your computer don't have one. One of these is the usb-irt.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Administrator

If it still uses ir.exe and the irremote.ini configuration file in your Windows folder, zip the ini file & upload it so I can see what it contains regarding that remote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:08 PM

Thanks for all the tips. Made some progress.... Found the setup file at the Hauppauge web site for this remote and installed it. Tried it with SageTV using the 34-button and 45-button remote choices, and it does send some commands to SageTV: Pause, Play, volume up/down, and channel up/down. Biggest thing missing is the ability to get into and navigate SageTV's menus. I tried linking commands in SageTV to buttons on the remote using SageTVs commands setup. At the point where it says to press the button or keystroke, I press a button on the remote and SageTV ignores it. Also, some buttons on the remote, like the "home" and "live" buttons launch Hauppauge software, which is undesirable.

I've attached the zipped irremote.ini file.

Thanks again.

Andy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Irremote.zip (7.3 KB, 226 views)
Old 12-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

I won't have time to look at the ini file until later, but just so you know: if you install/update the Hauppauge IR software after SageTV is installed, you need to reconfigure the ini file for SageTV, or reinstall SageTV & let it do the job. There is a FAQ about this that covers what you would have to do -- see the SageTV FAQ link in my sig lines.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:37 PM

The uninstall/reinstall of SageTV did it! The remote works perfectly now. Thank you!

Andy