SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Turn off context sensitive fanart in the SageMC options.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Sage User

Ben

I know that you've said you like static images rather than animated backgrounds so you haven't enabled that feature; however, I have noticed that TVIS always uses the same single image from my fanart for a single TV series.

So in addition to not supporting animated cycling backgrounds, TVIS also won't pick choose a random background each time it is opened?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
Ben

I know that you've said you like static images rather than animated backgrounds so you haven't enabled that feature; however, I have noticed that TVIS always uses the same single image from my fanart for a single TV series.

So in addition to not supporting animated cycling backgrounds, TVIS also won't pick choose a random background each time it is opened?
You are correct, it was never coded as it wasn't available at the time. To be honest I think TVIS is pretty much dead, well for me anyway.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Any chance that you'll set up GRS so it can be used for single recordings instead?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any chance that you'll set up GRS so it can be used for single recordings instead?
Sorry, but its going to be a no.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Can't blame me for asking.

I see in your screen shots on the download page that the Season and Episode are showing up with the show title. I can't get it to do that. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can't blame me for asking.
No I can't blame you. TVIS looks awful.

Quote:
I see in your screen shots on the download page that the Season and Episode are showing up with the show title. I can't get it to do that. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
I use xmltv to get my guide and its the way digiguide supplies title data.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
You are correct, it was never coded as it wasn't available at the time. To be honest I think TVIS is pretty much dead, well for me anyway.
I hate to hear that! I think TVIS looks SOOOOOO much better than the default SageMC screens.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Shameless plug - I was going to assume ownership of jamin's TVIS since he's moved on to bigger and better things <Ortis> but I decided to just let it influence a full set of replacement screens for the TV - I'll put up some screen shots 2nite, but screens I've got 'unified' by my new theme are :

My TV
Recordings
Sub Group Recording (ie GRS)
Program Info (ie TVIS)
Guide
Schedule

btl.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Shameless plug - I was going to assume ownership of jamin's TVIS since he's moved on to bigger and better things <Ortis> but I decided to just let it influence a full set of replacement screens for the TV - I'll put up some screen shots 2nite, but screens I've got 'unified' by my new theme are :

My TV
Recordings
Sub Group Recording (ie GRS)
Program Info (ie TVIS)
Guide
Schedule

btl.
I'm looking forward to those screen shots! My Center Sage equipped HTPC needs them!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Some newbie questions:

I loaded this addon, and selected in the sageMC options to use "AMIS" as my "Custom Program Info Screen". However, when I select a recording from sageMC "Recorded TV" section, I still get the old "Program Info" screen; which is where Im hoping/expecting it will be changed after loading AMIS and selecting AMIS as the "Custom Program Info Screen".

If I go to my video imports and select a video that I know for sure is in the internet database builtin to BMI, I still dont see a background. I have to manually select Edit Video Info, and select "Metadata Fanart", and manually again select the Fanart for the video.. Also I am not sure what needs to go into the 3rd box transparent box on the right side. It's blank.

I am getting this in the Video imports section *if* I manually load the metadata and still not working correctly
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-0658.jpg

I am still getting this:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...nshot-0659.jpg

All in all, I was hoping for a Nice looking enhanced Program Info to replace the one that comes with sageMC. Instead, it got something in the Imported videos section wish isnt automatic (the automatic metadata issue might be a problem with BMI).

Could someone please tell me what's wrong. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-13-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

So this thread talks about the TV Info Screen import - but you set it to the AMIS (Advanced Movie Screen Import)

I suspect that the movie screen import won't play nice as the Program Info screen......
Old 06-13-2009, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm completely confused. What's the difference between Advanced Movie Screen Import compared to Program Info Screen. Which one is used to replace the Program Info screen builtin to SageMC?

Edit: Same problem with TV movie info. When I go to program info of any TV recording, I still see the old program info builtin to sageMC. I dont really care about import videos. All I want is fanart support for the existing sageMC Program Info for TV shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So this thread talks about the TV Info Screen import - but you set it to the AMIS (Advanced Movie Screen Import)

I suspect that the movie screen import won't play nice as the Program Info screen......

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-13-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC supports addins that replace the Program Info screen for both TV and Video - however these are seperate entities.

The AMIS import is for Video Program Info.
The TV Info Screen import is for TV Program Info.

Just make sure that you are specifying the right screen for the right context. Using the AMIS (which has it's own thread here) for the TV Program Info is not the right way to do it - which is what you say above that you are doing.
btl.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks BTL for clarifying. I have followed the instructions correctly for "TV info" import. However I have one VERY important question. Basically automatic fanart doesnt work.

I am not getting fanart for any of the TV shows. My understanding is all I have to do is copy the BMI install files to the respective folders, In SageMC import the MetadataFanartTools-SageMC.xml, SageMC/Extras/Batch Metadata Importer=Automatic, SageMC/Main/Global UI Options/Display/FanArt Options/Fan Art Central Path=E:\Fanart.
The only way to get fanart is to manually go into imported videos, Edit Video Info, select Metadata/Fanart, choose the video name. Thats the only way my fanart central folder receives the files. I dont know how to make this automatic for TV Info. I am not sure where else to get help. I tried the BMI import thread as well.

***RIP SageTV***