SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:04 AM
Sage User

How to stop movie deletion?

Hi,

Is there anyway to prevent movie deletion in the 'Myvideos' part of the GUI? I have over 100 backed up DVD's that don't have the 'delete' option but my Blu-ray back ups have a delete option on the movieinfo screen. I really don't want the kids deleting the backups directly on my WHS.

Any help appreciated.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspalding View Post
Hi,

Is there anyway to prevent movie deletion in the 'Myvideos' part of the GUI? I have over 100 backed up DVD's that don't have the 'delete' option but my Blu-ray back ups have a delete option on the movieinfo screen. I really don't want the kids deleting the backups directly on my WHS.

Any help appreciated.
If you are using the default STV: go to the videos page > select option menu >select "Advanced Options" > Uncheck "Allow Video Deletion"
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply but I'm using SageMC 6.3.8b which doesn't have that option as far as I can see.

I've switched to the standard STV and unchecked "Allow Video Deletion" but when I return to SageMC I still have the option to delete the Blu-ray backups (not DVD backups though).

Any further help would be appreciated, it would be great to unleash this on the kids as I have another three HD extenders arriving next week.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Sage Icon

Find this line in your properties file to false

sagemc/videos_delete_enabled=

I think this is somewhere in the sageMC setting menu, but I could not find it...
Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Sage User

I can't seem to find the properties file, the XML files for SageMC contain the sagemc/videos_delete_enabled= and I have set all those to false but the delete option for HD files (blu-ray backups) is still available.

I can't find the option in SageMC GUI so could you point me in the direction of the properties files or is there something else I've missed?

Thanks for the help so far.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

In the Video Library, bring up the options menu. Select 'Display Options' and then disable 'Show Delete for Videos'.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Sage User

I must be thick or something! I still cannot find this.

For clarification I am using SageMC 6.3.8b with the Movie Info Screen customization. Normal SD DVD backups do not have the delete option within Movie Info Screen for the selected DVD. Blu-ray backups have a Delete option which I need to get rid of.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is a Movie_info_screen issue rather than SageMC?

I really appreciate the help so far but still need to get this sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
In the Video Library, bring up the options menu. Select 'Display Options' and then disable 'Show Delete for Videos'.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2009, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspalding View Post
I must be thick or something! I still cannot find this.

For clarification I am using SageMC 6.3.8b with the Movie Info Screen customization. Normal SD DVD backups do not have the delete option within Movie Info Screen for the selected DVD. Blu-ray backups have a Delete option which I need to get rid of.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is a Movie_info_screen issue rather than SageMC?

I really appreciate the help so far but still need to get this sorted.

Sorry. You need to let us know when you are running imports. This is something you'll have to bring up with jaminben. (I assume it's his import you are using.)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply and looking into it.

I did mention the movie info screen but clearly didn't put enough emphasis on it in my first post.

Quote:
but my Blu-ray back ups have a delete option on the movieinfo screen
This is the customization I am using http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=movie+info

Please let me know the outcome.

Last edited by markspalding; 01-18-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Clarify customization