SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Sage User

Stop Extender From Overriding Favorites?

Is there a way to stop someone watching the extender from overriding my favorites recordings?

I have 2 anolog tuners, 1 cable box, and an HDHomerun. When the wife is watching a show on the extender and it is accessing the cable box on the server I miss any Favorite that I have scheduled to use those cable box channels.

I wish there was an override because the wife always choses to keep watching what she is watching when the scheduled recording prompt comes up.

Thanks for the help.

-Walt
Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

2 options spring to mind, more tuners or a divorce. Sage gives priority to live tv this way. I take it the channel is only available on that one tuner, if so then Sage will reschedule the favorite 'if' it is available to do so in the guide. If not then you are out of luck as far as I am aware.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Sage User

I was just hoping there was something in sage properties that could lower extender priorities.

I guess I could just get the wife her own cable box and not have to worry about it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Sage Icon

I do everythingI can to remove the ability to watch live TV from the interface, really there is no reason to ever watch live TV.

No live TV no problems...

I have been meaning to make a behavior change request as when you make no responce it will change channels as it should but it continues playback. This causes the scheduled recording to be marked as watched, well if there was no responce to the popup I would assume nobody is watching and you can stop playback.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

That's like both of you sitting there watching one TV and asking for a mechanism to stop the wife from changing the channel from what you're watching. There is already a mechanism in place-the dialog box that asks do you want to cancel recording of the favorite. Your wife keeps canceling the recording and defeating the mechanism. It's not the extender overiding favorites-it's your wife. You need more tuners and STBs.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

It sort of makes sense to have at least as many tuners as you have viewers. If you and your wife each have different tastes, then conflicts are bound to come up. Having two tuners will at those conflicting times, allow each to get their recording in, and when there isn't a conflict, allow you to record two of your programs at a time.. :-) really, the cost of a cheap analog card and a 2nd stb is not that significant for the grief it will help to avoid.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
I do everythingI can to remove the ability to watch live TV from the interface, really there is no reason to ever watch live TV.
I have to confess I do the same, I never saw the point of it. It adds another level of confusion to the mix as far as I am concerned. One guide, one way to watch = easier for the wife to get her head around.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

Yup just check viewing history and ask them what they want to watch, setup the favorites to get them.

As a reult I have like 200 favorites, it's really not that hard most of them you can guess what they wanna see.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Sage User

Gerry,

Exactly what is going on. 99% of the time my other tuners record what I need.

I just wanted the ability to automatically override the dialog box when conflicts occur.

-Walt
Old 02-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
Normally I agree, however, lately I find myself on weekday mornings watching the local morning news show for weather etc...before leaving for work. Live TV works well enough on the extender that I never felt like I needed to set a recording.

Tags
extender tuner control