SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

New user some questions

Okay for those who don't know I am currently thinking/in process of coming over from media center. I have spen the last three days trying to learn the interface and customize it to more of my liking. Yesterday my hd200 arrived and I got to play with it here are some observations/questions I have.

1. My movie library is large over 700 now and I notice it takes a while to load the jpegs in my videos is there any way to speed this process up as it does take away from the overall experience or is it one of those live with it situations?

2. I am currently using on the sage server hdhomerun and ATI hdtv wonder. The hdtv wonder is setup for OTA and works fine/great through sage.
The hdhomerun is extremely slow at channel channging with QAM is sage just this slow at tuning qam or have a done something wrong? Sometimes I just get a black screen and the picture never shows up.

3. How do you guys handle archive tv shows. I don't want it in the video library with my movies but I have over 200 shows archived from recordings and dvd' and wanted to know how others sort it.

All in all it wasn't a bad night but not what I expect it is a shock coming from VIsta MC.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

1) There are some options for preloading and caching thumbnails in SageMC, not sure if they exist in the default STV

3) I leave them in the recorded tv section
Old 02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

2.) Are you using latest firmware for the homerun? I have never experienced any issue with the Homerun, it is rock solid. My HD-pvr on the other hand...

3.) I also leave them in the recorded TV section.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey BABG nice to hear from you again been awhile since you left us TGBers

As for number 1.

Where are these options for preloading I am running sagemc and think I have them all enabled but everytime I exit videos and go back it has to reload

All stored in recorded tv?? Do you have some sort of filter to show new shows at top and archived ones in their respective folders? Could I see a screen capture of how you are doing this?

Many thanks.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Hey BABG nice to hear from you again been awhile since you left us TGBers

As for number 1.

Where are these options for preloading I am running sagemc and think I have them all enabled but everytime I exit videos and go back it has to reload

All stored in recorded tv?? Do you have some sort of filter to show new shows at top and archived ones in their respective folders? Could I see a screen capture of how you are doing this?

Many thanks.
There are several ways to pivot the recorded tv shows in the SageMC rec tv screen, so I tend to switch b/w them depending on what I'm looking for. Usually I have it set to "Title", and then inside the title grouping sorted by orig air date reverse sorted.

When more control is desired I use the Malore rec tv screen. You can create your own pivots (I have Title, Date, Category) up to 6, so there are a ton of ways to find/organize the content to make it easy to find.

I'll try to post up screen caps a little later (wife is watching her stories right now ).
Old 02-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Don't have time to take a picture right now, but if you go to the "Recorded TV" screen in SageTV and make sure the second-from-top item is set to "Grouped" you get a nice organization where each show is in it's own folder, and the folders are sorted such that whenever a new show arrives the folder bubbles up to the top.

You can also "Send to Archive" on a show, which prevents the show from being deleted and also opens up another organizational option... The "No Filter" setting in the recorded TV view can be toggled to include (or not) archived shows... So you could turn it off if you like and cycle between "No filter" and "Archived Shows" to determine what you want to see.

Personally, I like to have the archived shows displayed in "No Filter" (I'm just using it as a "Don't ever delete this" flag), have the movies grouped in a "Movies" folder, and I just leave it on "No Filter/Grouped" all the time.

My Wife loves it, and I have 580 shows (50 of which are movies) stored that way.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 02-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
1. My movie library is large over 700 now and I notice it takes a while to load the jpegs in my videos is there any way to speed this process up as it does take away from the overall experience or is it one of those live with it situations?
There's a thread here which discusses delays in loading thumbnails. For some reason there's a default delay which was introduced a version or two ago.

Mick.