SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfield View Post
Thought I'd post an Update,

I updated sagemc and installed a newer Phoenix jar 1.44. Then I updated BMT to 3.1.

My "folder view" still had the missing first character on the titles. I then manually updated a movie through BMT and the first character appeared. Odd, as the first character appears fine in other views (likely using a different field for the display).

I then did a full scan and library refresh which temporarily fixes the issues but then they all return to missing the first character.

When looking at BMT the metadata field "Display Title" for the items which are not working appear as follows.

"movie name/movie name"

When I do a "Find Metadata" the field changes to "Movie name" and displays properly with all characters, for a while. When I check again later the "Movie name/Movie name" has returned.

I realise that this is now getting completely away from being an issue with SMW as it looks like it's related my BMT.

I think I'll have to dig further into BMT.

Thanks for your help.

Ron
Don't go blaming BMT something could have changed that I don't support yet either.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Sage User

Didn't have much time last night for troubleshooting.

I have noticed the following...

Using sagemc "video" for movies I see the same missing character issue as I see in SMW.

Prior to updating my BMT and sagemc, sagemc "video" worked fine in "folder view" but the SMW folder display would be empty.

When using the Web UI for BMT I can lookup Metadata and the character returns and all looks well. If I do a reindex or scan of the folders the Display Field in BMT changes to a "title/title". Using the sagemc metadata lookup within sage will also temporarily fix the issue.

I took a look at the .properties files for movies that are missing characters and there are duplicate fields listed in the file as follows.

Code:
#Generator: Batch Metadata Tools (3.1); MediaFile: file:/W:/17%20Again/17%20Again.avi
#Tue Jan 05 19:50:06 CST 2010
Actor=Zac Efron -- Mike O'Donnell (Teen);\nLeslie Mann -- Scarlett O'Donnell (Adult);\nThomas Lennon -- Ned Gold;\nMatthew Perry -- Mike O'Donnell (Adult);\nTyler Steelman -- Ned Gold (Teen);\nAllison Miller -- Scarlett (Teen);\nMichelle Trachtenberg -- Maggie O'Donnell;
Director=Burr Steers;
MediaProviderDataID=themoviedb\:16996
MediaTitle=17 Again
MediaType=Movie
OriginalAirDate=2009-04-17
RunningTime=6120000
Title=17 Again
UserRating=7
Writer=Jason Filardi;
Year=2009
x-MetadataProviderDataUrl=http\://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.getInfo?id\=16996&api_key\=
x-MetadataProviderId=themoviedb.org
x-ser-Cast=0|Zac Efron|Mike O'Donnell (Teen)|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/29222;0|Leslie Mann|Scarlett O'Donnell (Adult)|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/41087;0|Thomas Lennon|Ned Gold|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/17827;0|Matthew Perry|Mike O'Donnell (Adult)|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/14408;0|Tyler Steelman|Ned Gold (Teen)|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/42289;0|Allison Miller|Scarlett (Teen)|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/17270;0|Michelle Trachtenberg|Maggie O'Donnell|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/49961;2|Burr Steers|null|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/58552;1|Jason Filardi|null|http\://www.themoviedb.org/person/66211

MediaProviderDataID=themoviedb:16996

MediaTitle=17 Again

MediaType=Movie

OriginalAirDate=2009-04-17

UserRating=7
(Should have picked a more macho movie, 3 women in the house )

It's almost seems like I have two independant metadata scans happening and the second title is being appended to the first.

I'll look into it some more tonight.

Ron
Old 01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfield View Post
I updated sagemc and installed a newer Phoenix jar 1.44. Then I updated BMT to 3.1.
not sure if this could cause the missing character issue... BUT your install order is not correct. The last thing you need to do is copy/install/unzip the phoenix 1.44 jar. BMT 3.1 also ships with the phoenix jar but it is an older copy. So the install order should be BMT or SageMC 6.3.9a, SageMC 6.3.9b_23 pre release xml, phoenix 1.44 (or later) jar.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks razrsharpe, I'll try a re-install of the components in the proper order tonight.

Ron
Old 01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Hmm...

Currently the issue seems to be with my folder structure.

This is not working.
w:\300\300.mkv
w:\300\300.mkv.properties

This is working (all movies in the root).

w:\300.mkv
w:\300.mkv.properties

A full re-index of the library with BMT has fixed the missing first character issue after moving the movies to the root.
I haven't figured out what my Series structure should look like. Currently I have..

x:\Father Ted\Season 1\Father Ted - S01E01 - <episode title>.avi

Still playing...

Ron
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

The folder structure shouldn't have to do with it. It has to be something with BMT or how I am not displaying bmts info right. When you moved them to the root you are simply elimating the need for the folder problem not really fixing anything. What version of Phoenix API does your sagemc say you are running and are you sure you are running 4.01 of smw?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
The folder structure shouldn't have to do with it. It has to be something with BMT or how I am not displaying bmts info right. When you moved them to the root you are simply elimating the need for the folder problem not really fixing anything. What version of Phoenix API does your sagemc say you are running and are you sure you are running 4.01 of smw?
You're correct, I'm working around the issue, it helped to narrow down where the issue was coming from.

I'm running the following versions according to sagemc.

Phoenix.jar 1.44
BMT 3.1
Sagemc 3.6.9a full + 3.6.9b_23 Pre Release
SageTV 6.6.2.218
Java 1.6.0_17
SMW 4R1.01

I'm wondering if I should try moving back a version on sagemc, BMT or Phoenix to see if it makes a difference?
I saw signs of the issue (missing character) on a test sage client I installed tonight before installing SMW.

Ron

Last edited by arfield; 01-06-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Sage User

I tried a couple more things..

I had a backup of a working sagetv 6.5 sagemc 6.3.9a_45. I updated everything to sagetv 6.6.2, sagemc 6.3.9b_23 (but did not install SMW).

I found that the sagemc "Video" view had the same issue of missing the first character of the folder name in "Folder View" and the list was unsorted.

I then loaded the older xml sagemc 6.3.9a_45 with Phoenix.jar 1.44 and the "Video" list was sorted and all folder names were correct.

I then went to my production sagetv server and loaded an old xml sagemc 6.3.9_45 and had the same results for the "Video" list, folder names were correct and they were correctly sorted. This server also has SMW installed so I checked but it was still missing the 1st character of folder names.

I'm done for tonight.

Ron
Old 01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Sage User

Did another fresh install same issue.

The same type of issue seems to be mentioned here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44618

The only Phoenix api I've seen in the download area is build 56 and it didn't make any difference.

There doesn't seem to be a combination of versions I can use to get the "File System" view to work in sagemc which also works in SMW. Sagemc 6.3.9a_45 works in File System view but SMW comes up empty with this version.

I guess I could pathfilter my movies which works with the latest versions with the "All Videos" view, and then pathfilter TV Shows with TVExplorer. TVExplorer looks interesting I haven't tried it yet.

Ron
Old 01-09-2010, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Ron,

sorry to see you are still having issues. I know this was a issue in the past bit has been resolved for everyone with v4.01. Any chance you could uplod the sv you are using with smw imported into it and pm it to me. If I can repro on my system it will help.

Tve is nice for tv it provides everything on one screen vs a drill down type like mine.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

For those who monitor this thread and are interested in my latest project

link
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Before I start... to all those involved with sagemc, moviewall, bmi!

I've been searching around and striking out on how to have moviewall process movies that have been split into 2 pcs (cd1 and cd2). The files are in the same directory and show up on the movie wall as one item with two videos. When I play the movie, only the first half plays. Is there something that I need to do to have it play both pcs. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
Before I start... to all those involved with sagemc, moviewall, bmi!

I've been searching around and striking out on how to have moviewall process movies that have been split into 2 pcs (cd1 and cd2). The files are in the same directory and show up on the movie wall as one item with two videos. When I play the movie, only the first half plays. Is there something that I need to do to have it play both pcs. Thanks!
Currently you have to add each one to the playlist. The mymovies port will allow playback of a complete folder by default

there may be an option in the default to play a folder not sure on that one
Old 01-21-2010, 03:41 AM

I'm having some issues getting this working.

I have the following installed:
SageTV 6.6.2.218
Phoenix 1.43
SageMC 6.3.9a
BMT 3.1
Sage Movie Wall v4 1.01

When I configure this as stated in the installation instructions... I end up with a main page (Reflections, Star Wars, or Joker) with no menu at the top that is very unresponsive. I can't get off this main page. Can't see any other screens or anything after this. Can't select anything on this page. Can get to the options for this page, but that's all. It's like all the menu options are removed from this page.

Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
I'm having some issues getting this working.

I have the following installed:
SageTV 6.6.2.218
Phoenix 1.43
SageMC 6.3.9a
BMT 3.1
Sage Movie Wall v4 1.01

When I configure this as stated in the installation instructions... I end up with a main page (Reflections, Star Wars, or Joker) with no menu at the top that is very unresponsive. I can't get off this main page. Can't see any other screens or anything after this. Can't select anything on this page. Can get to the options for this page, but that's all. It's like all the menu options are removed from this page.

Any ideas?
You either didn't get the zip extracted right or didn't stop/shutdown sage and sage service before importing the stvi. That happens when gksunick's jar isn't loaded by sage before importing. You will need to re-import over blank sagemc.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Currently you have to add each one to the playlist.
Is there a way to do this within moviewall? It seems that the movie wall has combined the files, and I'm not sure how to select a file individually.

Thanks.

edit: Disregard. It looks like folders with more than one video open a secondary information screen that allows the files to be selected independently.

Last edited by jryan15; 01-22-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
You either didn't get the zip extracted right or didn't stop/shutdown sage and sage service before importing the stvi. That happens when gksunick's jar isn't loaded by sage before importing. You will need to re-import over blank sagemc.
Thanks for the direction here. I went back to initial base SageMC load and redid everything careful to shut off service/sage at each install. Works perfectly now.

This is an amazing addition to Sage. Thanks so much for this one.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
Thanks for the direction here. I went back to initial base SageMC load and redid everything careful to shut off service/sage at each install. Works perfectly now.

This is an amazing addition to Sage. Thanks so much for this one.
Thanks glad you like it and got it working.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

The movie wall looks great! Is there anyway to prevent online video content from being imported into the "recent" tab? I only have a directory of movies in my import list, so I don't know why it is picking up extra content. Thanks!

Last edited by jryan15; 02-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
The movie wall looks great! Is there anyway to prevent online video content from being imported into the "recent" tab? I only have a directory of movies in my import list, so I don't know why it is picking up extra content. Thanks!
That is a weird one what do you mean by online content? Does it show up on the wall as well or only in recent?