SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Sage User

How to minimize sagetv when play third party program

I'm using SageMC and configure my dvd player as Total media theater (TMT) in order to play full BD.

When I play the DB, TMT starts to play the movie however sage will not minimize and stays "on top".

How can I minimize sage?
(I don't wanna use my mouse)

Thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDragon View Post
I'm using SageMC and configure my dvd player as Total media theater (TMT) in order to play full BD.

When I play the DB, TMT starts to play the movie however sage will not minimize and stays "on top".

How can I minimize sage?
(I don't wanna use my mouse)

Thanks
Check out this post:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...37&postcount=7

Read through the entire thread if needed.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Sage User

I read the post.
It didn't help.

I manage to activate TMT "on top" sage, but it has no focus so I can't control it with the remote.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I read the post.
It didn't help.

I manage to activate TMT "on top" sage, but it has no focus so I can't control it with the remote.

Any suggestions?
What version of TMT are you running? Is it the full retail package?
Have you set up TMT to run as an external application?
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Sage User

I use version 1.0.9.4.

I only changed the dvd_player.cmd file and put this properties:
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Extreme\Digital Theatre\uDTStart.exe" /NOSPLASH /AP 2 /PL %1

How do I set up TMT to run as external application?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I use version 1.0.9.4.

I only changed the dvd_player.cmd file and put this properties:
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Extreme\Digital Theatre\uDTStart.exe" /NOSPLASH /AP 2 /PL %1

How do I set up TMT to run as external application?
Here's how to set up a menu item for an external application: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...90&postcount=3

I'm not sure about Total Media Extreme as I use Total Media Theater but...

That post was for Power DVD so instead of
C:\program Files\Power DVD\Powerdvd.exe you'll use something like
C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Extreme\Digital Theatre\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe

Before you begin this you might search for uMCEDVDPlayer.exe on your pc and see if it exists - some versions of TME don't include it. It's in the retail hidef TMT package though and is designed to open full screen, take focus, respond to remote control and uses the Back button to return you to SageTV.

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 05-15-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:

How can I minimize sage?
There's also a couple of sagemc properties settings that might help do it the dvd_player.cmd way:

sagemc/use_external_sleep_first=true will send Sage a "Power" command before launching the dvd_player.cmd

and

sagemc/minimize_on_sleep=true should do the rest.

there's also another non-sagemc specific setting that I don't remember off the top of my head that I think determines whether it goes to a screen saver or something else. I'm not sure where it is or if it is overridden by the sagemc settings....

Last edited by lazysean; 05-15-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Sage User

OK,
I changed both:
sagemc/use_external_sleep_first=true
and
sagemc/minimize_on_sleep=true.

I also now run "uDigital Theatre.exe" instead of "uDTStart.exe" and TMT goes on and has focus!! (sage goes to sleep and minimized)

BUT, when I exit TMT, sage goes back up but has no focus
(The focus is at the windows bar, and i can't get the focus on sage with the remote)

Suggestions?
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Sage User

That's odd. This isn't really the correct answer but it could work for some people:

I use EventGhost for all my remote control processing instead of the settings built into Sage. I switched to it so that I could seamlessly use and control WMP and Quicktime as external media players for some DRM'd content I have. But I immediately discovered I could do lots of extra little things to make everything run smoother since EventGhost is always running and doesn't need focus to respond to things. One thing I do is have it watch for those applications to close, then look for the Sage window and bring it to the front, just in case something like you describe happens. Additionally, when I press the "menu" key on my remote, before it sends Sage a Main Menu command, it looks for the Sage window and brings it to the front. If a Sage window is not found, it launches Sage. This way most any random pop-ups or Sage crashes, or whatever, I get can be hidden or fixed just by going to the Main Menu.

Like I said, I realize it may not be the ideal solution for you or even most people. But if you're already using EventGhost or considering it (it's free btw), it might be a quick and dirty way to get it done.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was having trouble with focus (around Xlobby and SageTV) and found a program called send focus (search for sendfocus.exe on the web). Although SageTV stays maximized, I can use the send focus program to give Xlobby Focus, then when I mimimize / close Xlobby SageTV is still there full screen.

mv
Old 06-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Sage User

I'm having the same issue, and I didn't want to open a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysean View Post
There's also a couple of sagemc properties settings that might help do it the dvd_player.cmd way:

sagemc/use_external_sleep_first=true will send Sage a "Power" command before launching the dvd_player.cmd

and

sagemc/minimize_on_sleep=true should do the rest.
I have set both of these in the sage.properties file, but SageTV refuses to minimize when I run an external application. It minimizes fine when I select sleep in the menu. I can't seem to figure this one out.