SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Can someone who uses fanart please answer an easy question

I've been trying to get BMI + SageMC + Automatic Fanart working since yesterday. I am curious once BMI is installed, will the "Recorded TV" TV shows automatically receive their fanart just by clicking on a TV show thats in your "Recorded TV" list? I know in the past SageMC would quietly/automatically download and display the movie/TV show cover from IMDB.

The reason I ask is because the only way I can get fanart to show for each TV show/movie as the background, etc, I need to manually select the TV show, select options from my remote control or right-click with the mouse, and select "Metadata Fanart" and manually choose the show name it files from the fanart database. After that, if I select the show in the future, I will get the fanart.

When I read BMI's instructions however, it looks like it only automatically downloads fanart when the system (or you) do a Rescan of Import Folders. Which, actually does seem to work fine.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-14-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

As I understand it the "automatically download fanart" feature does NOT work for recorded TV shows - someone correct me if I am wrong. According to Sean this is because Sage does not automatically trigger the plugin when a show is recorded, it only triggers the plugin when the library is scanned. Sean has indicated in the main thread that he will request Sage to change this behavior.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

It does automatically trigger on my system. But it can only work, if the filename is in the form, "SeriesName-EpisodeTitle-AiringId-#". If you search the logs files for your filename, then you'll probably see a message stating that bmt is "handling" the file and then eithe rejecting it or importing metadata.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you have a corresponding TV show in your media imports directory (my videos) and you have fanart already downloaded in the central fanart directory structure, then recorded shows will use that fanart as well. In fact, that was the only place I could see Fanart for TV until we figured out the missing field that was preventing them from showing up in "My Videos."
Old 06-15-2009, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It does automatically trigger on my system. But it can only work, if the filename is in the form, "SeriesName-EpisodeTitle-AiringId-#". If you search the logs files for your filename, then you'll probably see a message stating that bmt is "handling" the file and then eithe rejecting it or importing metadata.
Great. I stand corrected! I'll have to give this another go as in the past I could not get it to work.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Reading the BMI thread all the way through, it looks like there are a significant number of people who cant get this to work; or at least need help with clear instructions on how to make it work correctly from begining to end. I guess most shrugged it off or just end up having to use the command line. I've seen people talk about this issue even before the release of version 2.3.x which officially started supporting this feature until now. It does seem to work for stuckless apparently.

It seems like it would be a good idea to find a way to make TV Recordings automatic downloading of fanart/metadata very dependable for people right out of the box without having to do editing of config files. Currently manual right-click in options and selecting metadata/fanart is very dependable; but uses a different method. Then, focusing on a future 3.0 beta version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Great. I stand corrected! I'll have to give this another go as in the past I could not get it to work.

***RIP SageTV***