SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
Disabling Green Button on Hauppauge 2250 MCE Remote

Not too long ago, I decided to build a new SageTV box. I decided to load it up with Vista Ultimate X64 and run a couple 2250 pci-e tuners. Most issues at this point have been resolved. I just have one annoyance. The stupid MCE button on the center of the remote which came with my Hauppauge 2250 card. Did Hauppauge really need to make it soo huge! Every blue moon, my finger hits a wrong button and BOOM! Windoes Media Center starts up. Does anyone have any advice on how to disable this button or how to make it remap to the home screen for sage. I know this has probably been addressed in other threads, but this is a 64bit OS which tends to leave the advice I get to being wrong. Anyone run into this? The IR Blaster that came with the remote is I believe a RC6?

Please help me solve my annoyance!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy925 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to disable this button or how to make it remap to the home screen for sage.../...The IR Blaster that came with the remote is I believe a RC6?
You can install my software (see signature) and choose the "Exclusive use..." option. You'll also be able to use the IR blaster if needed.

Or you can search on this forums for other ways to disable the green button

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Sage Expert

Andy (babgvant on this forum) has a tool called SageTVLauncher that listens for the "green" button command and launches SageTV instead of Vista Media Center (http://babgvant.com/tags/Sage/SageTV...r/default.aspx).

Additionally, you really want to disable VMC altogether:
go to the control panel -> System Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Okay you want to disable the following:
Windows Media Center Extender Service
Windows Media Center Receiver Service
Windows Media Center Scheduler Service
Windows Media Center Service Launcher

Good luck
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 06-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clift View Post
Andy (babgvant on this forum) has a tool called SageTVLauncher that listens for the "green" button command and launches SageTV instead of Vista Media Center (http://babgvant.com/tags/Sage/SageTV...r/default.aspx).

Additionally, you really want to disable VMC altogether:
go to the control panel -> System Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Okay you want to disable the following:
Windows Media Center Extender Service
Windows Media Center Receiver Service
Windows Media Center Scheduler Service
Windows Media Center Service Launcher

Good luck
Instead of disabling services, you can also go to All Programs, Default Programs, Set Program Access and Computer Defaults, Customer, Choose a default media player: and uncheck the "Enable access to this program" box next to Media Center. SageTV Launcher will start SageTV and doing this will prevent media center from being accessed.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
Thanks for the advice guys....I will note one thing....I had disabled the Media Center services. And I chose to disallow access to media center. I do want to note two things. Although that disables media center....it creates an error message when clicking the green button. I did it to recover the resources, but I do warn that if you get the error message, it takes precidence over SageTV and disables the remote till you go back to Sage. I will look into the other two options. Regardless, if you use SageTV, I do think disabling the services is a good idea.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy925 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys....I will note one thing....I had disabled the Media Center services. And I chose to disallow access to media center. I do want to note two things. Although that disables media center....it creates an error message when clicking the green button. I did it to recover the resources, but I do warn that if you get the error message, it takes precidence over SageTV and disables the remote till you go back to Sage. I will look into the other two options. Regardless, if you use SageTV, I do think disabling the services is a good idea.
I haven't disabled any services and I don't get any error messages. What is the error you are getting.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

The error is simply stating that Windows Media Center cant run because the services are disabled. That is expected since I disabled them. The issue has really been the buttons mapping to start up Media Center. I think with the two tools I have been provided, it will give me a good chance of finding a fix this weekend.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage Expert

SageTVLauncher works, trust me. Just put it in your startup folder.

BTW, I'm about an hr north of you... Homosassa
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee