SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Audio output info(stereo, 5.1) in OSD

I searched but couldn't find any info about this. Is there a way to show Audio output in OSD/info for live/recorded tv shows? I have a receiver but usually run it in passthrough mode for stereo audio. I would like to know if show is in 5.1 when I'm watching so I can turn on receiver/speakers. Guide data usually just has stereo even if show is in 5.1. Sorry if this topic belongs in another forum but since I'm running SageMC, thought i would ask here first. I'm running 6.5.19beta on WHS with HD200 as client. HD200 is running latest beta firmware as well.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt711 View Post
I searched but couldn't find any info about this. Is there a way to show Audio output in OSD/info for live/recorded tv shows? I have a receiver but usually run it in passthrough mode for stereo audio. I would like to know if show is in 5.1 when I'm watching so I can turn on receiver/speakers. Guide data usually just has stereo even if show is in 5.1. Sorry if this topic belongs in another forum but since I'm running SageMC, thought i would ask here first.

Thanks.
Nice idea for a add-in don't think one exist currently though. You can pull it up on movies by audio not sure about tv.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

i have a little addin (that i havent released) that adds detailed information about the video (video type, audio type, subtitle) to the additional info on the Programs Info screen on SageMC... I can upload that for you if you like... it gets you part way there... it wouldn't be on the OSD but it would be in the program info screen....

I am also thinking of adding this to my addin that displays the video type and video output resolution onto the OSD when i get around to rewriting that.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
i have a little addin (that i havent released) that adds detailed information about the video (video type, audio type, subtitle) to the additional info on the Programs Info screen on SageMC... I can upload that for you if you like... it gets you part way there... it wouldn't be on the OSD but it would be in the program info screen....

I am also thinking of adding this to my addin that displays the video type and video output resolution onto the OSD when i get around to rewriting that.
You where the one I was hoping would chime in as I was thinking this would make a great little addition to the osd resolution add-in
Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Sage User

Thanks razr. I would appreciate it if you can upload the addin, it would be great until your OSD addon in completed. By the way, you guys who write addons and enchance sage are amazing, appreciate all your great work. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

here you go. This should work for now until i get around to rewriting my other import

This import is for SageMC only.

Installation Instructions:
  1. Unzip to your SageTV installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\)
  2. From the SageMC Home Screen -> My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi.
  3. In the popup dialog box select "DetailedVidInfo-2.xml".
on the program info screen press Info to cycle through the different views. A screen shot of the additional info (the file information below the timebar) is below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg detailed_vid_info.jpg (32.4 KB, 386 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DetailedVidInfo-2.zip (4.7 KB, 179 views)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 07-10-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow! razrsharpe, you've been holding out on us Thank you, I've been looking for something like this too. I'll give this a whirl.

When you do get around to rewriting your addin, keep me in mind. I'd be happy to ehemmm... "sacrifice" my setup and beta test.

I'm going to try the current OSD that you have, didn't even know it existed (assuming it still works with the current Sage and SageMC beta).
Old 07-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Wow! razrsharpe, you've been holding out on us Thank you, I've been looking for something like this too. I'll give this a whirl.
great let me know how it goes.

Quote:
When you do get around to rewriting your addin, keep me in mind. I'd be happy to ehemmm... "sacrifice" my setup and beta test.
will do... hopefully it won't be too long but first i have to get my TV Explorer import done (think malore menus for sagemc)... and im getting close

Quote:
I'm going to try the current OSD that you have, didn't even know it existed (assuming it still works with the current Sage and SageMC beta).
it still works with the current betas... unfortunately there is a bug in the detection of some media formats so it doesnt displayed the fileformat correctly... i just haven't had time to go in and fix it... The main culprits are the way sage reports the resolution of dvds (aka it doesnt) and the HDPVR... that only affects my osd import... the program info import works the way it should.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey razrsharpe,

I got a chance to try this plugin over the weekend and it works like a charm

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for promoting my laziness, I used to have to fire up the webserver to get this info. Now, I just click a button on my remote and voila!

This may be a bit off topic, but I noticed all of my hd shows (recorded via an hdhomerun) are tagged as Stereo. I could swear that some of these shows are indeed coming out in 5.1. Is it possible that all the HD feeds in my area are in stereo and I've had post-processing going on somwehwere all this time, or have these shows been incorrectly tagged? I've checked the info coming from the webserver and it matches what your plugin displays.

Thanks again for this great little plugin. Simple, but powerful.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
This may be a bit off topic, but I noticed all of my hd shows (recorded via an hdhomerun) are tagged as Stereo. I could swear that some of these shows are indeed coming out in 5.1. Is it possible that all the HD feeds in my area are in stereo and I've had post-processing going on somwehwere all this time, or have these shows been incorrectly tagged?
my guess would be that the stream is being incorrectly tagged (either by sage or by the network feed). I have some shows that are tagged incorrectly too. In my case it is the local FOX OTA feed. Sometimes it is even tagged as 2 stereo streams, instead of 1 5.1 ac3 stream that it actually is. in my case it doesnt effect playback... the receiver is still getting the 5.1 ac3 stream.

sage did some reworking of their digital tuning in the latest betas that was supposed to fix a bunch of these types of problems. i dont think i have seen my particular problem with shows recorded with any of the latest betas. So if you're not running the latest beta i would upgrade to that... you can also try forcing a full content reindex to have sage re-read the file video and audio info.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the plugin. I had the capability to play video in 5.1 for a while and just decided to start using it. I was just looking for something like this today to let me easily know what is encoded with what. You are a life saver.

Thanks again!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Sage User

Razr, This works great. Thank you so much. Please let us know when you have OSD plugin done, I would love to beta test. One question, there is no way to get video/audio info for live tv is there? Once again, Thank You!

Last edited by kurt711; 07-13-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Razr, This works great. Thank you so much. Please let us know when you have OSD plugin done, I would love to beta test.
you're welcome. Don't worry I'll let everyone know when i get the OSD plugin done...

Quote:
One question, there is no way to get video/audio info for live tv is there?
not sure because i never watch livetv anymore ... I'll test it out tonight and let you know my results
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks razr. I figured it was incorrectly tagged. I am running the latest Sage beta, but with summer here, I'm not sure I've recorded anything recently that should have 5.1. Maybe I'll record something like Conan tonight and see what it looks like. If that shows up correctly, maybe I'll reindex my collection.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Look forward to your new OSD plugin
Old 07-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
One question, there is no way to get video/audio info for live tv is there?
Had a chance to test this out... On shows that are currently recording; file, video, audio, and filesize information are updated. For shows that are currently airing (but not being recorded) there is no audio/video information in the program info.
Check out TVExplorer