SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

How to get covertart(Metadata)

Is there a way to have it find coverart/Metadata for my movies? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Sage User

Search these forums for "metadata". There's tons of information ...BMT comes to mind
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I thought BMT was only for use with SageMC?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

No, it works for the default STV as well. All of the install instructions are the same, just make sure when you import the STVi you select the right one. (There is one for SageMC and one for the default.)

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
No, it works for the default STV as well. All of the install instructions are the same, just make sure when you import the STVi you select the right one. (There is one for SageMC and one for the default.)

Tom
Do I need to import this usinf SageMC first then go to my HD200 and do something there? Ive been looking at the HD 200 menu and cant find out where to import. Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

No, you just import it on the HD200 using the default STV. So, in a nutshell:

- download the BMT .zip file
- shutdown SageTV
- unzip as instructed
- edit sage.properties (add the two lines as indicated in the instructions)
- restart SageTV server
- go to HD200 and import the STVi (the one that says it's for the default STV)
- go to the detailed setup->fanart and set things up as you like
- force a rescan of your videos (remove the import directory, scan, add import directory, scan - or if you like there is a property you can set to force a complete reindex.)

To import STVi's go to setup->detailed setup->advanced then in the right panel you will see manage STVi plugins. Once you select that you will see an option to "add a new STVi plugin file". Select that and then browse down until you see the STVi file called MetadataFanartTools-DefaultSTV. Once you select that Sage will prompt you to rebuild the STV, let it rebuild ... and you're done.

SageMC is not needed anywhere in the process.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 07-14-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks much for all the help. So you cant do it without SageTV running on your PC from what it sounds to me.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Sage User

I assume you are hoping to use BMT with the HD200 in standalone?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes thats exactly what I was trying to do
Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

bmt can run as a command line against a folder of movies. Just extract bmt to it's own folder, and then run the following command from that folder
ie,
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse YOUR_MOVIE_FOLDER
where YOUR_MOVIE_FOLDER is your movie dir that your HD200 is pointing to... If your movie dir has spaces, then be sure to quote the folder, ie, "c:\My Movies\"
Old 07-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
bmt can run as a command line against a folder of movies. Just extract bmt to it's own folder, and then run the following command from that folder
ie,
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --recurse YOUR_MOVIE_FOLDER
where YOUR_MOVIE_FOLDER is your movie dir that your HD200 is pointing to... If your movie dir has spaces, then be sure to quote the folder, ie, "c:\My Movies\"
Sorry to ask, but what do I use to run that command, do I double click on the Metadata tool.jar in the folder? and do I run that command directly on my PC or from my HD200? Thanks much.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

You download the bmt tool to a desktop (windows/linux/mac) and extract it there. You'll also need java6 installed as well. To run it, you open a command shell, cd into the folder where bmt was extracted and run the tool from the command windows.

So, assuming your downloaded the bmt tool and extracted it to c:\bmt, then you would open a command shell and run the following commands
Code:
c:\> cd c:\bmt
c:\bmt> java -jar MetadataTool.jar --fanartEnabled=false --recurse "c:\movies"
Assuming your movies are in "c:\movies".

The metadata tool will create a poster file and .properties file for any movies that it processes, and the HD200 when reading the movies from your network share should pick up the post and metadata. I don't have a HD200, but I assume that's how it would work.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stuckless thanks much I appreciate it!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

If you are using the HD-200 in Stand Alone Mode (which I assume you are since you posted in this particular Sub-forum), it's a whole different ballgame.

In stand alone mode, the HD-200 can't use the same STV's and STVi's that are used when connected to a server running SageTV software. The UI is totally different. I think I remember seeing somewhere that there was a way to customize the interface for stand-alone mode, but I don't know how much you can do there.

As far as I know there is currently no way to display fanart and custom metadata when operating the HD-200 in stand-alone mode.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
If you are using the HD-200 in Stand Alone Mode (which I assume you are since you posted in this particular Sub-forum), it's a whole different ballgame.

In stand alone mode, the HD-200 can't use the same STV's and STVi's that are used when connected to a server running SageTV software. The UI is totally different. I think I remember seeing somewhere that there was a way to customize the interface for stand-alone mode, but I don't know how much you can do there.

As far as I know there is currently no way to display fanart and custom metadata when operating the HD-200 in stand-alone mode.
It will show folder jpgs. (Give you DVD covers)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I found out last night that if i put my covers in the same folder as a DVD(VideoTS) I have to name the picture folder.jpg and if I put the cover pic in the same folder as say Wedding Crashers.MKV, I have to name it Wedding Crashers.jpg. This seems to give me coverart. Where can I get the properties files for movies(movie description and actor info) to add with my .jpg's? and also where is a great place to download coverart? Thanks

Looks like naming it folder.jpg for Wedding Crashers.MKV works also.

Last edited by mkstretch; 07-30-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
Looks like naming it folder.jpg for Wedding Crashers.MKV works also.

I've been using "folder.jpg" for all my cover art, because it's the easiest route I've found. I do wish we could have a movie wall on the HD200 in standalone, but it doesn't appear possible yet.

As for information, I've been waiting for a way to do that, as well. If anyone has figured this out, please share...
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_ac View Post
I've been using "folder.jpg" for all my cover art, because it's the easiest route I've found. I do wish we could have a movie wall on the HD200 in standalone, but it doesn't appear possible yet.

As for information, I've been waiting for a way to do that, as well. If anyone has figured this out, please share...
Mike, It looks like PluckyHD is close to releasing a MovieWall for the HD200 look here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42700.

Also what size jpg do you use for coverart? I found a program called MetaBrowser that does a good job at getting coverart backgrounds and info for movies, but one thing is that it puts the info into an .XML file and not a .properties file. I dont think Sage reads .XML for movie info.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
Mike, It looks like PluckyHD is close to releasing a MovieWall for the HD200 look here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42700.

Also what size jpg do you use for coverart? I found a program called MetaBrowser that does a good job at getting coverart backgrounds and info for movies, but one thing is that it puts the info into an .XML file and not a .properties file. I dont think Sage reads .XML for movie info.
That's for the default STV (Not SageMC) and NOT for the HD200 either. Currently MovieWall only works with the SageMC UI installed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
That's for the default STV (Not SageMC) and NOT for the HD200 either. Currently MovieWall only works with the SageMC UI installed.

Gerry
Sorry i guess Im a bit confused...lol