SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage User

BMT, SageMC and MyMovies Confusion

I'm new to sage tv and have had success in getting sagemc and a few other add ins to work, except for BMT.

I've read A LOT of threads on BMT, but am still confused and have some questions:
1) Does BMT deal with metadata for all media types (i.e. movies, tv shows, and music)?
2) If it does music and i already have album art for most everything via Microsoft media player, does it reuse that or generate its own stuff?
3) If i previously had setup "My Movies" management stuff for use with vista MC (i've given up on that), i see it can use it, but am uncertain if the two can work together to accomplish everything that needs metadata? By that I mean, if My Movies has metadata for movies, but not TV shows, then will BMT know to go get that to supplement?
4) Ultimately is BMT better then My Movies such that i really don't need it anymore? I liked it because i had complete control of the metadata per title, whereas BMT appears to run in full auto mode (not a bad thing if it's right).
5) I have also noticed that folders containing episodes (Band of Brothers for example) only show the first title and in some cases don't show any when clicking into the folder view?!

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

thanks!