SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Online Services Updates (YouTube, Google Video, Podcasts)

Latest versions shown in System Information for SageTV v6.6:

Current STV file set version: 2013010701, MD5 prefix: ea8cb1
Online Videos version: 2013032101, MD5 prefix: c4373b

If you are having problems with any Online Services, such as YouTube, Google Video, and other podcasts, check the information posted below before posting or reporting to SageTV that YouTube/etc doesn't work. Note: if your STV and/or online video properties files are older than those listed above, there is a very good chance that some online videos will not work, especially YouTube. If your files are not up to date, don't report that online videos are not working.

For PC and extender clients:

1) If you are using a custom STV such as SageMC, switch to the default STV: SageTV3.xml. Do not simply jump to Online Services while using SageMC because you may never hit the Main Menu in the default STV that way.

2) In the default STV, jump to the System Information menu. The easiest way to do this is to use the Info command while on the Main Menu, or go to Setup -> Help -> System Information. Compare the "STV file set" and "Online Videos" versions to those listed above. If your versions are out of date, continue reading... well, just continue reading anyway... maybe an update was created w/o updating this post.

3) In the default STV, go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update. If there are any updates, download them. After downloading an update, check to see if there is another update. Repeat until there are no more updates. There is a sticky topic in this forum covering any recent STV updates.

4) In the default STV, jump to the Main Menu. After going to the Main Menu, SageTV will automatically check for online video properties file updates (and for STV updates in the latest STVs). These checks are performed once per day; another check will not be performed until 24 hours have elapsed since that last check. If your online video properties files are out of date, it could take up to 24 hours before a jump to the Main Menu results in downloading the update.

If you need to force an immediate update, then simply rename the online video properties files in the STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos subdirectory below where SageTV is installed, then jump to the Main Menu while you have an online connection. If using Vista/Windows 7 and have UAC enabled, then rename the same files in the VirtualStore also.

For the HD200 in Media Player (standalone) mode:

1) Check for a firmware update. For the latest firmware version and instructions for updating the firmware, see the sticky HD200 updates topic in the Announcements forum. (If any of the beta firmware release notes after the last release version include comments regarding online services fixes, then you must use the beta firmware in order to use the latest online service updates.)

2) Jump to the Main Menu. After going to the Main Menu, SageTV will automatically check for online video properties file updates. This check is performed once per day; another check will not be performed until 24 hours have elapsed since that last check. If your online video properties files are out of date, it could take up to 24 hours before a jump to the Main Menu results in downloading the update. The online videos version will be shown in System Information.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Online Videos update 2009120701 has been created & will be automatically downloaded over the next 24 hours after a jump to the Main Menu. This update consists of a few new feeds, updates for old feeds, and removal of feeds that have wandered off to the podcast graveyard.

Most of the feed updates came from user suggestions here.

The new/updated feeds are also listed in the temporary "Updated Feeds Dec-07-2009" category on the Online Services menu.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:51 PM

Hello Opus4, I'm a pretty new SageTV user and I'm having difficulty getting the Online Services Updates. I am using the latest STV files and installed using the 6.6.2 installer from the SageTV site. I do not see the "Update" option in my advanced settings menu. Is there anyway that I can download these files and copy them to the SageTV folder myself? Otherwise I'm getting the YouTube errors that many others seem to have been experiencing.

I'm on Windows 7 by the way, in case this is an OS specific bug.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Administrator

The online video updates are automatic, including on Windows Vista & 7; what you want are the downloadable STV updates. If you've already updated the STV from that topic, then you'll get the online video file update within 24 hours.

- Andy
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Online Videos update 2010040201 has been created & will be automatically downloaded over the next 24 hours after a jump to the Main Menu. This update fixes a YouTube video issue mentioned here.

- Andy
Old 04-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Sage User

OK, I guess I am just completely confused here. I am using windows 7 64 bit operating system and SageTV is recognizing it as Vista 6.1, which is not a problem I suppose, AS LONG AS everything works. BUT, everything is not working. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how to get Youtube videos to work and just like everyone else, I am getting the message "Unable to determine video file to download" and having read all the posts made on the subject, I realize that in order for the videos to play, my Current STV file must be version 2009120901, MD5 prefix: 761ab6 and my Online Videos version should be 2010040201, MD5 prefix: 77539a. OK I get all this .... but here are my issues:

As of right now, my STV version is correct. However, I had to MANUALLY install it because my setup does not have the option to "Check for STV Update". You repeatedly state that you need to install ALL updates sequentially, but that is not an option with me because it would simply be a matter of overwriting one SageTV3.xml file with another. My question here is since my system info states that my current version is 2009120901, MD5 prefix: 761ab6, di I truly have ALL the updates? Or did I skip something by having to Manually update?

Next, Why do I NOT have to option to "Check for STV Update" like everyone else does?

My Online Videos version is apparently extremely outdated, the currently installed version is 2009100201 MD5 prefix: af653e. The problem is that I can not keep my puter connected to the net 100% of the time. My connection is through a mobile broadband device and I have to use that device for other issues. Because of this, apparently SageTV has not downloaded the latest updates. How do I force SageTV to load them WHEN I am connected? Or is there a manual way of updating them as well?

Lastly, you state that in order for SageTV to update the Online Videos version all I have to do is while "In the default STV, jump to the Main Menu" ... So all I have to do is click the link "Back to Main Menu"???? Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated

Curtis M
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Curtis,

From my experience the Online Videos definitions will not always update, even when you expect them to. The unelegant solution is to delete all of the files in the Online Video folder and then restart Sage.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Administrator

The STV update check is not available for Vista/Win7 when UAC is turned on, but that is a topic for the STV update thread.

Since you said your system doesn't have an online connection all the time, simply rename the online video properties files in the STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos subdirectory below where SageTV is installed, then jump to the Main Menu while you have an online connection.

- Andy
Old 04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage User

Ok, I renamed the two online video files ..... No update, no change. Next I removed both files from the directory and still no update, no change. After I removed the files, I shut down SageTV, rebooted the computer, and then went to online services, then youtube, then I clicked on the return to main menu link.

Even though I deleted the files, when I click on system info, it still shows that I am using the outdated online video files? Shouldn't the program realize that the files are missing?

Curtis M
Old 04-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator

I'll bet you also have those files in the VirtualStore, so delete them from there too.

If that doesn't work, then I'll need to see a debug log.

- Andy
Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Online Videos update 2010040201 has been created & will be automatically downloaded over the next 24 hours after a jump to the Main Menu. This update fixes a YouTube video issue mentioned here.

- Andy
Not that I'm trying to start trouble, but when exactly did Sage start checking in and downloading things without my permission? I know Sage has never asked me if I wanted it to check for an updated "Videos Update" file.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Sage User

OK, that solved the problem. I am new to Windows 7 and had never even heard of the virtual store. Seems to me that it really does nothing more than cause a lot of trouble.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Question

Andy, I have been trying to fix this for a week with no success.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, SageTV Client installed to C:\SageTV

What should I be looking for here?

SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Administrator

korben_dallas: please read Curtis M's questions & my replies immediately above your post. And delete version.txt that you posted; I don't know why that would still be there & merged from multiple files like that.

- Andy
Old 04-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Sage Icon

VirtualStore's not an issue for me since I'm installed to C:\SageTV

So I just blew away all the files in that directory and started up SageTV Client. voi la..
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
So I just blew away all the files in that directory and started up SageTV Client. voi la..
Glad this worked for you. As I posted above, for me this is the most reliable way of making sure the Online Video files get updated.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
Not that I'm trying to start trouble, but when exactly did Sage start checking in and downloading things without my permission? I know Sage has never asked me if I wanted it to check for an updated "Videos Update" file.
where is this latest update? does not appear on sage update in menu.

EDIT: read here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...804#post415804

Last edited by reeven; 04-12-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I deleted the online files under the STV directory as stated above, restarted sagetv and it created all the new menu items. However, when I click on any of them, for example but not limited to YouTube, the next screen is completey blank with just the slider bar on the right hand side. The only button that doesnt do this is the Hulu button which asks to spawn an external browser. I am completely up to date, running the standard STV3, suggestions?

Correction, TV Show Editoriasl and WEather are working, just nothing else. I ran a debug log, everything looks good until it gets here, the last 4 lines repeat abut 200 times at the end..

Thu 4/15 21:33:38.186 ThisSTVSetVersionNum=2009120901, STV File=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageTV3.xml
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.198 Increased hash Map pool to size=1
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.204 EventThread-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI Hang Detected - hang time = 750
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.206 DatePat=EEE, MMM d orgPat=EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.211 setUI(sage.b1@137c3b5[Main Menu]) histIdx=0 uiHistory=[sage.b1@137c3b5[Main Menu]]
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.211 Global variables already set.
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.212 Theme settings already loaded.
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.216 Increased hash set pool to size=1
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.217 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 21.

Expression: AlertLevel = GetSystemAlertLevel()
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.218 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:AlertLevel > 0
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.219 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Expression: IsDoingLibraryImportScan()
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.221 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 21.

Thu 4/15 21:33:38.221 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:AlertLevel > 0
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.222 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Thu 4/15 21:33:38.241 ParserPoolSize=1
Thu 4/15 21:33:38.241 ECPoolSize=1
Thu 4/15 21:33:59.695 Starting STV update availability check thread.
Thu 4/15 21:33:59.695 Starting Online Video properties updater thread.
Thu 4/15 21:33:59.696 Ending Online Video properties updater thread. No Update needed or it isn't time to check again.
Thu 4/15 21:33:59.696 STV update will not be checked because it is not time to check again. Last check was on Apr 15, 2010 at 3:45:08 PM
Thu 4/15 21:33:59.697 Ending STV update availability check thread.
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.542 setUI(sage.b1@6b4a30[Online Services Menu]) histIdx=5 uiHistory=[sage.b1@137c3b5[Main Menu], sage.b1@13516d7[Setup Menu], sage.b1@1380357[Detailed Setup], sage.b1@13516d7[Setup Menu], sage.b1@1d49559[Main Menu], sage.b1@6b4a30[Online Services Menu]]
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.544 Custom online video property list: [[]]
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.544 Created Property set w/o defaults
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.544 PropCacheFile = [C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideoLinks.properties]
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.545 Loaded properties file: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideoLinks.properties
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.546 **** Processing online video categories START
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.566 **** Processing online video categories END
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.567 Created Property set w/o defaults
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.567 PropCacheFile = [C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideoUIText.properties]
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.569 Loaded properties file: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideoUIText.properties
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.570 Hulu command HuluCommand=[null]
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.571 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 21.

Thu 4/15 21:34:01.571 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:AlertLevel > 0
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.573 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Thu 4/15 21:34:01.579 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 21.

Thu 4/15 21:34:01.579 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:AlertLevel > 0
Thu 4/15 21:34:01.581 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Thu 4/15 21:34:03.094 setUI(sage.b1@1920208[Online Video Menu]) histIdx=6 uiHistory=[sage.b1@137c3b5[Main Menu], sage.b1@13516d7[Setup Menu], sage.b1@1380357[Detailed Setup], sage.b1@13516d7[Setup Menu], sage.b1@1d49559[Main Menu], sage.b1@6b4a30[Online Services Menu], sage.b1@1920208[Online Video Menu]]
Thu 4/15 21:34:03.095 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 21.

Thu 4/15 21:34:03.095 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:AlertLevel > 0
Thu 4/15 21:34:03.097 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Thu 4/15 21:34:03.098 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 21.

Thu 4/15 21:34:03.099 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:AlertLevel > 0
Thu 4/15 21:34:03.101 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Thu 4/15 21:34:03.104 STARTING background online video feed thumb preloader thread, ID = 0.21153018760859577
Thu 4/15 21:34:06.106 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 23.

Expression: TimeSinceLastInput = GetTimeSinceLastInput()
Thu 4/15 21:34:06.106 EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Relational operator type error, null argument for:TimeSinceLastInput > ActivityTimeout
Thu 4/15 21:34:06.107 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 53.

Expression: Wait( Max( (ActivityTimeout - GetTimeSinceLastInput()), 500 ) )
Thu 4/15 21:34:06.107 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 23.

Expression: TimeSinceLastInput = GetTimeSinceLastInput()

Last edited by DRM2PVR; 04-15-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Administrator

It looks to me like you have an older version of SageTV installed & need to install the latest version, which is v6.6.

- Andy
Old 04-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Sage User

Is there a place to manually download the updates? I haven't been able to access any of the streams i used to use before updating to sagetv 6.6.2.218

Here's a little sample of the troubles i'm having since the update...

Can't play my hak5 streams... but if i download the stream file and move it to my videos directory, it will play just fine...

http://i39.tinypic.com/b67e60.jpg

Seems we're up to date...

http://i44.tinypic.com/mt5wgh.jpg

i set this... so why is youtube retarded?

http://i40.tinypic.com/14spj77.jpg

youtube broken....

http://i41.tinypic.com/nwads2.jpg

System stuffz...
-----------------------
Hardware:
------------
MOBO: Asus P5G41-M LE/CSM
CPU: Intel Dualcore something or other
RAM: 4gb DDR 800mhz Dual Channel
Storage: 2.6tb total HDD storage space
Graphics: nVidia 9500 GT 1gb DDR3