SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage User

Movie Art thumbnails for HD200 standalone mode

What's the best way to add movie art without having to do it manually for a HD200 in standalone mode? All movies are on a NAS unit.

I browsed through BMI but it looks like it requires the SageTV software component.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Sage User

Let me clarify what I'm looking for.

Have:
HD200 in standalone mode
NAS unit (10TB Raid 5) storing the ripped videos

Need:
A program that will run on a PC to search the NAS directory to match up movies with artwork and save it into the correct folders and names so the HD200 can use it.

Long term I will be putting in a SageTV server (6 months out).
Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Sage User

Update for anyone wanting to do this manually:

1. Good to download images for the folder.jpg files for movie thumbnails
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie
2. Search for the movie and then once you bring up the page specific to that movie you will see movie banner art. Most of the time multiple banners are available.

3. Save the image you want to your local machine.

4. Use a product like IrfanView to optimize the photo (i.e. open image with app, click file / save and then use a 50% reduction in quality). Usually you won't notice a difference but the file size will reduced significantly (i.e. from 400k to 70k).

5. Try to not have your folder.jpg files any bigger than 70k, otherwise when browsing the video folder you will have a significant slow down because of the image loading.

6. Drop off the optimize banner art into the directory where you have the video files (i.e. VOB's) and name the image folder.jpg (that exact name). Make sure you have Windows configured to not hide file extensions in explorer otherwise you could end up with a folder.jpg.jpg file (what a stupid feature).

7. On the SageTV device, open settings / refresh media files.

8. Once the refresh is complete, open videos and you should see the banner listed for the movie.