SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
So simply put, if the demand is big enough, you will get what you want in stages (hopefully quick updates). Otherwise, this plugin will remain "as is"; with a few relatively minor enhancements on the way.
Oki, thats a shame as it could have great potential.....unfortunalty as it stands this import isn't for me. Maybe in the future if you add these quick updates I will re-visit this import.

Thank you for taking the time in the first place to create this import, it is indeed a very nice idea

Cheers

Ben
Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
SageTVaholic

I think we just need more people asking for things. I like what Ben is suggesting and I think that's a pretty good idea for a project schedule.

Please don't take this as an insult to your efforts because I really appreciate what the authors of all of these things come up with and the time/effort spent on them. I know full well that I don't have the time to learn Studio and do anything like this, so I depend on you guys to bring me cool, new features! Besides, I do intend to use your import on some frequency. That said, I realize this import just came out recently, but if it were something a lot of users saw as useful in it's current implementation, there would be a larger number of people writing replies here. I hearken back to when Sage Movie Wall first came on the scene and PluckyHD released those first few screenshots. The response was overwhelming and it took on a life of it's own. I could be mistaken, but I don't think PluckyHD expected such a resounding response. If that's what you guys were hoping for with this import, it would seem that either it's not clear what the benefit is to people or that it's not exactly what people are looking for.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll talk to Chris about this. Depending on the work involved, we will investigate a MovieTrailer addon similar to what Ben suggested. I like everything Ben suggested; and agree, that having something like that would be superior to the current way in every way possible except that there would be no more Made-for-TV lookups. I'm not a big fan of background downloading of any kind.... probably because I have an Internet connection capable of supporting 1080p streaming both on yahoo and apple. Although, I do use MTSA.exe to download update new movie releases using the MovieTimes addon.

I completely understand that there wont be a huge number of people collaborating in this thread asking for features. The trend lately for many sageTV users is more focus on sageTV UI enhancements.. eyecandy; which is why fanart and addons such as SMW/AMIS are so popular. I know I'm guilty of that too. Heck, I was so caught up UI enhancement addons, I almost missed one of the most significant feature capabilities which came to sageTV since Slim Player v2.1 ...... STVi: PlayOn in Online Services Menu (Hulu, Netfli. Definitely, needless to say that the Movie Trailers Search addon is not in the same league as these addons, they do share something in common, they add regularly usable features (at least for some people) that were only possible to do inconveniently outside of sageTV on a PC.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe Ben could join your dev team.

Tony
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Definitely, needless to say that the Movie Trailers Search addon is not in the same league as these addons, they do share something in common, they add regularly usable features (at least for some people) that were only possible to do inconveniently outside of sageTV on a PC.
I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit here. Every addon started somewhere and most wind up growing beyond their original scope. This is the normal progression of a project like this. It may very well take a lot of time to get to a certain point, but the journey is certainly worth it. Let's face it, no addon will ever be "finished". There will always be something else to add/change/fix. I'm sure SageMC and SMW started out VERY small initially, prior to anyone outside the developers seeing it for the first time. As long as you continue enjoying the work you put into it, it'll be worth it.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Thats a great idea. Ben, since these are you ideas and you are an experienced developer, how about helping out any way you can? That would be a very nice gesture on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysathre View Post
Maybe Ben could join your dev team.

Tony

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
As long as you continue enjoying the work you put into it, it'll be worth it.
exactly... and once you don't enjoy it anymore, it's definitely no longer worth it...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-07-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Thats a great idea. Ben, since these are you ideas and you are an experienced developer, how about helping out any way you can? That would be a very nice gesture on your part.
Thanks for the compliment, unfortunatly I'm not that expirenced.... there would also be a conflict of interest if you catch my drift. There are other dev's far more expirenced than myself who maybe willing to help, perhaps a general post in the Studio forum may get you the right person for the job.

Cheers

Ben
Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Ben shhhh.....put that cat back in the bag
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Thanks for the compliment, unfortunatly I'm not that expirenced.... there would also be a conflict of interest if you catch my drift. There are other dev's far more expirenced than myself who maybe willing to help, perhaps a general post in the Studio forum may get you the right person for the job.

Cheers

Ben
Boy, this has been quite a revealing thread

Mike,

Love the plugin. If you're looking for votes, I would definitely say that I would lean towards Ben's ideas, but even "as-is" this plugin has been terribly useful to me already. I am looking forward to the Trailer button though.

I buy quite a few new movies every few weeks, and as they show up in my imported videos section, my girlfriend always wonders what the heck I've been buying. This plugin has helped tremendously since a trailer can explain a film better than I can. Just wanted to be sure, will the Trailer button be included in the imported videos section as well?

Thanks for a great plugin: cheers
Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks petereader, I appreciate the kind words. As you can see, we live in a world where not everyone has the same tastes or preferences.

I have been holding off posting until I had a good long talk with my mentor and silent partner (Chris Koelec) about the path/purpose of this addon in respect to these feature requests, and its time I explain better whats going on.. (without trying not to provoke anyone with the sincerest, selfless intentions) while trying to explain as best as I can.

I also agree with Ben's and Pluckyhd's votes (and everyone else's) that those feature enhancements would make things better; however, just to put things out in the open, they were definitely NOT the first to think of these ideas. As much as my desire to make everyone happy with these improvements (which was considered months ago), we need to be realistic on real-world expectations of the developers who deliver these kinds of fundamental feature enhancements. Let's put it this way, if it was that easy, after a popular, friendly developer like Ben mentioned "...if it were me doing this I'd..." and someone suggested why not help out with the development to make this happen; and he says that he doesnt have enough experience to help out... that gives you an idea at the level of technical experience/knowledge needed to make this happen.

Heck, I was so desperate to make everyone happy, I posted in the studio forum asking for help with this; even paying money out of my own pocket as incentive. (This is the "selflessness" I was describing earlier) since I am very happy with this plugin; heck, I've wanted something like this functionality as long as I've been using sageTV since 2003. With the exception of putting the Movie Trailers button on the Movie Info and Video Info menus; that's all me and Chris need; our wifes included. Concerning WAF: it makes me wonder what kinda wifes are there that can only deal with pressing one button as opposed to a couple of buttons; and, preferring to not have any kind of trailer playback functionality at all?

Anyway, anyone who wants these feature enhancements and is willing to helpout me and Chris to move forward in a significant way with it, needless to say, I would love that. Otherwise, I'm afraid the only feature enhancement in the near future will be moving the Trailers playback buttons to the Movie Info and Video Info menus; saving at least one less click.

Cheers,
Michael (and silent partner "Koelec")

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Boy, this has been quite a revealing thread

Mike,

Love the plugin. If you're looking for votes, I would definitely say that I would lean towards Ben's ideas, but even "as-is" this plugin has been terribly useful to me already. I am looking forward to the Trailer button though.

I buy quite a few new movies every few weeks, and as they show up in my imported videos section, my girlfriend always wonders what the heck I've been buying. This plugin has helped tremendously since a trailer can explain a film better than I can. Just wanted to be sure, will the Trailer button be included in the imported videos section as well?

Thanks for a great plugin: cheers

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-12-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Coming soon... "AMIS-mt" (addon for new Movie Trailers 1.2)

Here's a sneak peak at whats coming....

For me, I took out the Add to Queue button, but the release version will have all the buttons. You can also turn off AMIS in SageMC and switch back to the standard SageMC Video Info screen which will also show the "YouTube Clips" button. This will be a special addon included in Movie Trailers 1.2...

Results...

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-21-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

It looks good, but I think the text "Trailer", "Trailers", or "Movie Trailer" may be more appropriate. YouTube Clips isn't really self explanatory for people that come over and want to watch a movie while I'm not in the room, or at home at all. It's your call.

Tony
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

That wouldnt be appropriate either. For example, I have music videos, misc funny clips, etc in their own genres. So, if I want to do a one click search for related items; whether movies trailers, songs, etc, they all conveniently come right up. I wouldnt call those trailers. The great thing about AMIS is it's a total replacement for "Video Info"; not necessarily restricted to motion pictures.

Edit: I will give you a special version that has whatever name you want to call it.... dont worry.

Quote:
It looks good, but I think the text "Trailer", "Trailers", or "Movie Trailer" may be more appropriate. YouTube Clips isn't really self explanatory for people that come over and want to watch a movie while I'm not in the room, or at home at all. It's your call.

Tony

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Edit: I will give you a special version that has whatever name you want to call it.... dont worry.
just make it a property item (something like mkanet/MovieTrailers/Title ... or some such) and tie the title text to that property item... then anybody can change the title to whatever they want simply by modifying a properties file...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, thats what I'll do for the next version if enough people want different names under AMIS. I tried to keep it consistent with the "YouTube Clips" button they will see for non-movies TV recordings under "Program Info". It actually comes in pretty handy when looking up related video clips for TV specials, TV series; which have nothing to do with Movie Trailers. However, when recording/browsing movies/films, they will see a Movie Trailers button and respective IMDB search button in the right place this time

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
just make it a property item (something like mkanet/MovieTrailers/Title ... or some such) and tie the title text to that property item... then anybody can change the title to whatever they want simply by modifying a properties file...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That's a good idea. With that could you change it for each import directory? Or is it a global change?

Tony
Old 01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's a good idea. With that could you change it for each import directory? Or is it a global change?

Tony
all depends on how mike programs it (but the easiest would be one global settings)... one way to get several "titles" is to tie it to the menu item in the menu file (sagemc_menu.xml). You could set the title variable in that and then the menu would look for the existence of that variable and use it if it exists or fall back to the default (either hardcoded or stored in the properties folder) if it does not exist. With this last method you could theoretically have a different title for each menu item...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrow Version 1.2 is not available for download!

Version 1.2 is ready for download!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Surprisingly, pretty much any TV show and Movie gives a hit in 1080P.

When this plugin was originally released, there were still many low res trailers when doing a search; and very few true 1080P trailers. It seems that Apple HD movie trailers are now making it regularly to YouTube.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

import AMIS_MT first!

Hello
when I click the link to download the import AMIS_MT file
and it redirects me to rapid share it says this:
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.
To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Please help fix I love this plugin and appriacte the hard work you guys have done on it.
Thank you
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only