SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Sage User

Question How can I stop the green button on an MCE remote from opening media center in win7??

My mce remote works fine aside from the fact when I push the green button windows media center opens.

I have tried to disable ehtray.exe but it is not in my startup list or services. I see it loading in the task manager though.

i tried to use the LM remapping thing and that didn't do anything. My remote was in there, but I couldn't figure out how to use it.

I have seen the intelliremote, but don't want to pay $24.

I have also noticed that the quick buttons on the top (i.e. pictures, music, recorded tv, etc...) also open media center.

Everywhere I have looked has a fix for vista, but none of them work in win7.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

In Win 7 you can go to the Control Panel and in the left window choose "Turn Windows features on and off" Then go into the folder tree that comes up and open up the Media Features folder and uncheck "Windows Media Center". You can always turn it back on if you want to use it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

I use EventGhost and it installs its own driver that will allow you to re-purpose the buttons to whatever purpose you want. There is a SageTV plugin but you will need to manually assign buttons to each function. I use that Key to toggle between special setups customized for Hulu, TME, Sage and Mouse.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
In Win 7 you can go to the Control Panel and in the left window choose "Turn Windows features on and off" Then go into the folder tree that comes up and open up the Media Features folder and uncheck "Windows Media Center". You can always turn it back on if you want to use it.

Gerry
Saweet!!

I was about to install eventghost or girder to see if that worked, but don't need them now.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlca401 View Post
i tried to use the LM remapping thing and that didn't do anything. My remote was in there, but I couldn't figure out how to use it.
Obviously you have not followed this "how to customize MCE remote Green button", because it's really easy to disable the native media center mappings with LM Remote KeyMap without having to disable Media Center, remove ehtray etc...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Obviously you have not followed this "how to customize MCE remote Green button", because it's really easy to disable the native media center mappings with LM Remote KeyMap without having to disable Media Center, remove ehtray etc...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Actually, I did read a little bit about it and still could not get it to do anything. I applaud you for you defending your program, but I could not get it to work for me. I don't know if it's the remote I have or if it's windows 7.

I don't really care about media center, so disabling it was not a big deal. That is all I really needed to do.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Lm remote key v5 was better then v6, in term of function.
I could not make use of Lm remote v6 with my mce remotes, xbox remote, etc.
Lm remote v5 work ok with my remotes.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlca401 View Post
I could not get it to work for me. I don't know if it's the remote I have or if it's windows 7.
If you do have a legacy mce remote, then it has to work, Windows 7 is not an issue. The only thing you must check is to be sure settings were applied and for this you have to reboot your PC two times (sometimes unplugging / plugging back the remote don't work)
Old 12-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeven View Post
Lm remote key v5 was better then v6, in term of function.
V6 has many more functions that V5...
Quote:
I could not make use of Lm remote v6 with my mce remotes, xbox remote, etc.
If you don't contact me for finding out why it doesn't work, it will not resolve itself.

Though, between V5 and V6 the MCE remote (and all other remotes) are handled in the same way. Only the interface has changed a lot. V6 had a few bugs when it was released, all of them have been resolved since.

Regards,
Stéphane.