SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Fresh Install - Weird _ Channels Found then no Signal

I have completed a fresh install of sage tv on a fresh install of xp pro sp3 - fully patched.

Durnig setup my channels are found and lineup is remapped perfectly - sage 6.6

But when i click watch live tv - i get NO SIGNAL and it freezes up after a short while....

Any ideas..??

Properties file attached.....
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (672.5 KB, 191 views)
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Administrator

If you have digital tuners, did you do a channel scan on all tuners or just one? If only one: scan all of them in SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatstanly View Post
I have completed a fresh install of sage tv on a fresh install of xp pro sp3 - fully patched.

Durnig setup my channels are found and lineup is remapped perfectly - sage 6.6

But when i click watch live tv - i get NO SIGNAL and it freezes up after a short while....

Any ideas..??

Properties file attached.....
Same here, I am long time SageTV user, but I wanted to change from TVTV to the XMLTV due to a lot of problems with TVTV lately. So now I removed everything and reinstalled on my VISTA. Channelscan, all OK. Then I tune to a channel, still OK, BUT when trying to change a channel, i get "NO SIGNAL".
This also happens when the program is finished and when tuning for the next program; "NO SIGNAL"

If I restart my Service, and tune to that program, it works...

I tested a fresh install on windows 7 (dual boot) and same problem.

I use two FireDTV's with TVVlaaneren satellite.

If I change channels in FireDTV VIewer, all is fine

"Help Me Opus, you're my only hope" -beeeep-
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Sage User

It has something to do with the encrypted channels. When the tuner gives "No Signal", and I switch to a FTA channel, it works, when I switch then to an encrypted channel, it works, but when I switch then to antoher encrypted channel, it gives back the "No Signal " ...
Old 02-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Sage User

Stage 2 - Recording - Now Clients Dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If you have digital tuners, did you do a channel scan on all tuners or just one? If only one: scan all of them in SageTV.

- Andy
OK - I have scanned using both tuners independently, I have double entries for each channel in the programme guide but I can live with that.

Now, however when I try to watch recorded sagetv files on a client SAGETV hangs, no high processor load, just a hang. I have enclosed the debug log and all this mentions is a 'Hang Detected' on the client app.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (91.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (533.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 02-14-2010, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatstanly View Post
OK - I have scanned using both tuners independently, I have double entries for each channel in the programme guide but I can live with that.
If you're saying you have two entries for each channel in the program guide then you've done something wrong.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have noticed something. For QAM, your channel is just not something like 13-1 it is 89-13-1. I have seen it change from day to day that "primary" number. Thus one day our local NBC is 89-13-1 and then tomorrow it is 91-13-1. If I do a rescan, the world works again because it finds the channel. My guess is that the cable providers are optimizing their bandwidth and shifting channels around, however their boxes might be getting a private stream that tells them the "remap" on near instant basis thus no disruption of service. Am I off on this? Is there a way to make Sage autoscan for tuners at a specific time.

It is really annoying when the wife wants to watch Grey's and all she gets is a "sorry, sage didn't record". I'm surprised I survived the aftermath of that.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepidati0n View Post
I have noticed something. For QAM, your channel is just not something like 13-1 it is 89-13-1. I have seen it change from day to day that "primary" number. Thus one day our local NBC is 89-13-1 and then tomorrow it is 91-13-1. If I do a rescan, the world works again because it finds the channel. My guess is that the cable providers are optimizing their bandwidth and shifting channels around, however their boxes might be getting a private stream that tells them the "remap" on near instant basis thus no disruption of service. Am I off on this? Is there a way to make Sage autoscan for tuners at a specific time.

It is really annoying when the wife wants to watch Grey's and all she gets is a "sorry, sage didn't record". I'm surprised I survived the aftermath of that.
I am using a SiliconDust dual input tuner (one input for OTA, one for antenna) I am seeing messages from SageTV (Version 7) saying "new channels found" and Sage shows them in the Program Guide, but the tuner doesn't see them. The BIG problem is that Sage can't tune them! They were just "discovered" a few days ago. Is there any hope here? Also, the tuner reports certain OTA channels and can tune them, but Sage doesn't see them either. They dont' even show up as "empty" channels in the Program Guide.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

If they are just found and new I'm pretty sure you'll need to use the SiliconDust utility to scan and find them and give you the opportunity to edit the station name so that it is correct. And then scan from within Sage and just have the scan update for the new channels.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.