SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Sage User

(S00E00) in title name for movies

Hi...

First off... Let me say I love this plugin for the most part. I have just one issue... I typically use the folder view and my movies have started showing up with (S00E00) in title name. I've checked bmt's web interface and the movies are correctly identified as movies. I'm also running the latest versions of the plugins. I can recreate the issue by doing a fan art refresh from bmt... Any folder I run that from will start showing the (S00E00)... Any help here would be appreciated...

Thx
-CK-
Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckentman View Post
Hi...

First off... Let me say I love this plugin for the most part. I have just one issue... I typically use the folder view and my movies have started showing up with (S00E00) in title name. I've checked bmt's web interface and the movies are correctly identified as movies. I'm also running the latest versions of the plugins. I can recreate the issue by doing a fan art refresh from bmt... Any folder I run that from will start showing the (S00E00)... Any help here would be appreciated...

Thx
-CK-
I can check it out but it doesn't do this for me so I need a little more direction. Can you post a screenshot showing the issue and perhaps one of the BMT info for an item that is getting this display and then I can try to recreate and fix.

k
Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckentman View Post
Hi...

Thx
-CK-
I found the issue and this is now fixed in the latest release.

k
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.14

Fix for showing S00E00 on some Movies.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 01-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Fix for (S00E00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I found the issue and this is now fixed in the latest release.

k
Wow, that was fast... I didn't even get a chance to send you the info you requested... Do you still need anything from me?

I'll try the new version as soon as I get the chance, and thanks.

-C-
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage User

Recently moved all TV episodes to a new drive. Went from <EpisodeName> (Season#Episode#) to <SeriesTitle> (Season#Episode#). I haven't proven it positive yet, but for the one TV show I've added new from after the new drive was added it works correctly. Adding a few new shows tonight to verify. Only plugins running, BMT, Phoenix and CVF. No problems with the plugin until I moved media to another drive.

Here's what I'm seeing if you can shed any light on what could be a problem, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

With CVF

Without CVF

BMT
Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

bigjaco,

That seems to happen when you change location of the files I found out the only way to correct it is to delete the property files and redo the BMT metadata.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
bigjaco,

That seems to happen when you change location of the files I found out the only way to correct it is to delete the property files and redo the BMT metadata.
I've actually deleted all the .properties files and since (with help from the BMT forum) am now storing data in the wiz.bin in lieu of .properties. So I'm thinking something is still residing in a configuration somewhere where the old information and paths are still stored?

Again thanks and suggestions welcomed, maybe it's just not a plugin problem at all?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjaco View Post
I've actually deleted all the .properties files and since (with help from the BMT forum) am now storing data in the wiz.bin in lieu of .properties. So I'm thinking something is still residing in a configuration somewhere where the old information and paths are still stored?

Again thanks and suggestions welcomed, maybe it's just not a plugin problem at all?
CVF does not store any information but rather just uses api calls to display the information from the wiz.bin. We have seen this issue raised before and the issue was resolved by the user reloading the metadata (not sure specifically how). You could try moving the files to another location that is not an imported folder, refresh sage, then move the files back and refresh again (and reload metadata if you don't have BMT set to do that automatically.

Hope that helps.

k
Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
CVF does not store any information but rather just uses api calls to display the information from the wiz.bin. We have seen this issue raised before and the issue was resolved by the user reloading the metadata (not sure specifically how). You could try moving the files to another location that is not an imported folder, refresh sage, then move the files back and refresh again (and reload metadata if you don't have BMT set to do that automatically.

Hope that helps.

k
That worked! How terrific, thank you.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrow CVF "Folder View" to display Movies only

Hi Jusjoken, I just recently switched to using "Folder View" at an attempt to display my (single media file) movies only. In order to do that, I also needed to select the "Folder Display Style=Separate" option so Imported videos such as TV shows, Music Videos, etc mixed into the movies list.

If it's not too time consuming to do, maybe you would consider adding a "default folder" option for Folder View. This way, CVF users would be placed directly in "Movies" folder (or they use most) when selecting CVF Folder View without seeing unrelated Video Import folders and having to click on the "Movies" folder every time.

Small related CVF issue:
There's also a small issue related to CVF Folder View and selecting the "Folder Display Style=Separate" option. When that's done, the CVF Option, "Show Video Thumbs" is ignored; so, thumbnails cannot be turned off when going into Folder View. Interestingly, you can avoid this issue (killing two birds with one stone) by using the above-suggested "Default folder" option; since, when you manually click into the root Imported Videos folder under CVF Folder View such as "Movies", the CVF "Show Video Thumbs" setting will be used correctly.

If there's any other way to quickly display a list of (single media file) movies in CVF without seeing unrelated Imported Videos, I'd love to know how.

Thanks a million your consideration and any help you can offer,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-07-2011, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Jusjoken, I just recently switched to using "Folder View" at an attempt to display my (single media file) movies only. In order to do that, I also needed to select the "Folder Display Style=Separate" option so Imported videos such as TV shows, Music Videos, etc mixed into the movies list.

If it's not too time consuming to do, maybe you would consider adding a "default folder" option for Folder View. This way, CVF users would be placed directly in "Movies" folder (or they use most) when selecting CVF Folder View without seeing unrelated Video Import folders and having to click on the "Movies" folder every time.

Small related CVF issue:
There's also a small issue related to CVF Folder View and selecting the "Folder Display Style=Separate" option. When that's done, the CVF Option, "Show Video Thumbs" is ignored; so, thumbnails cannot be turned off when going into Folder View. Interestingly, you can avoid this issue (killing two birds with one stone) by using the above-suggested "Default folder" option; since, when you manually click into the root Imported Videos folder under CVF Folder View such as "Movies", the CVF "Show Video Thumbs" setting will be used correctly.

If there's any other way to quickly display a list of (single media file) movies in CVF without seeing unrelated Imported Videos, I'd love to know how.

Thanks a million your consideration and any help you can offer,
Michael
Thanks for pointing out the issue with Seperate Folders vs Combined, I likely just missed something in testing that I applied to the one view and not the other. I will have a look.

As for the filtering suggestion... this is exactly the direction I had planned to take CVF at some point but it is not trivial and is not likely to happen any time soon if at all. I think the next Diamond release is going to handle this type of Video view with excellent filtering built in...

Diamond Movies ListFlow View

So I will wait and see what Diamond brings before I commit to a complex change like this that I may not use.

k
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the quick response jusjoken. Sorry, I didnt realize adding a user-specified default folder for "Folder View" was so involved; but, that would probably be the quickest way to get a one-click "Movies" view and also circumvent the thumbnail issue as the same time for people who keep their Movies in their own folder; separate from other Video Import folders.

BTW, I really like the feature enhancements that's added by Diamond; unfortunately, both me and my wife REALLY dont like what it does to the main menu/submenus and the glossy theme effects in general. It would be great if the Diamond plugin allowed users to use any theme they wanted; including, having the Main Menu/Submenu effects and theme related changes as a separate theme plugin.

Thanks again,
Michael

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out the issue with Seperate Folders vs Combined, I likely just missed something in testing that I applied to the one view and not the other. I will have a look.

As for the filtering suggestion... this is exactly the direction I had planned to take CVF at some point but it is not trivial and is not likely to happen any time soon if at all. I think the next Diamond release is going to handle this type of Video view with excellent filtering built in...

Diamond Movies ListFlow View

So I will wait and see what Diamond brings before I commit to a complex change like this that I may not use.

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
BTW, I really like the feature enhancements that's added by Diamond; unfortunately, both me and my wife REALLY dont like what it does to the main menu/submenus and the glossy theme effects in general. It would be great if the Diamond plugin allowed users to use any theme they wanted; including, having the Main Menu/Submenu effects and theme related changes as a separate theme plugin.
Hey Michael,

FYI I have asked probably a half dozen times for feedback or suggestions on Diamond Sub theme ideas that will work with the Diamond UI mod and no one has ever come forward to suggest a color theme or style they would like.

I have actually messed around with a "Standard" Diamond theme that is just the basic Sagetv theme but it isn't ready for prime time yet, but since no one has asked for it I haven't spent tons of time on it.

It would be very easy for me to make a non glossy version, people just need to ask
Oh well... I try .
Jeremy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DiamondStandardTheme2.jpg (42.3 KB, 795 views)
File Type: jpg DiamondStandardTheme1.jpg (121.0 KB, 798 views)
Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1 for non-glossy.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh my...

Jeremy, I can't believe it. It just hit me YOURE the creator for Diamond! I never suggested anything in the Diamond thread in fear of getting attacked by loyal Diamond users and the Creator of Diamond itself with comments such as.. "If you dont like the way it is, go make youre own plugin that does.". It certainly wouldnt be the first time . So, I've been a little bit more shy lately in making suggestions that I feel might take too long for the developer to accomplish. I honestly felt this would take a relatively long time to do.

I actually think Diamond has enough potential to be more desirable to some people than even an entire STV replacement such as Phoenix/Ortus, because people can still use their current plugins without making any changes or uninstall/reinstalling STV specific ones. This would be especially true for more conservative users that can use their existing stock SageTV STV UI main menu and user-defined/downloaded theme (whatever is defined under Detailed Setup/Advanced/Select User Interface Theme) such as Serenity V7.

Thanks so much for the surprise! I certainly didnt expect that.

Sincerely,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey Michael,

FYI I have asked probably a half dozen times for feedback or suggestions on Diamond Sub theme ideas that will work with the Diamond UI mod and no one has ever come forward to suggest a color theme or style they would like.

I have actually messed around with a "Standard" Diamond theme that is just the basic Sagetv theme but it isn't ready for prime time yet, but since no one has asked for it I haven't spent tons of time on it.

It would be very easy for me to make a non glossy version, people just need to ask
Oh well... I try .
Jeremy

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-07-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response jusjoken. Sorry, I didnt realize adding a user-specified default folder for "Folder View" was so involved; but, that would probably be the quickest way to get a one-click "Movies" view and also circumvent the thumbnail issue as the same time for people who keep their Movies in their own folder; separate from other Video Import folders.
Thanks again,
Michael
You should likely play around a bit with the setup of your import folders because you can use the combined rather than seperate setting and still get close to what you want. On my setup I use combined but under my "Movies" folder I have a subfolder I call "aMovies" which sorts to the top of my list so it's 1 simple click away once I am in the Folders view.

This doesn't put it on the Main or Videos Menu but closer.

k
Old 02-12-2011, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Believe me, I've tried every combination. I can't seem to find the right sort method to show movies I just copied to my movies folder first (based off of folder/file creation date in "Title" view). I see a "file date" sort function in Folder view, but no sort options that come close to that in Title view. Maybe there's a way to add "file date" sort order Title view as well?

Thanks for all your time and effort in maintaining this great plugin!

-Michael

Quote:
You should likely play around a bit with the setup of your import folders because you can use the combined rather than seperate setting and still get close to what you want. On my setup I use combined but under my "Movies" folder I have a subfolder I call "aMovies" which sorts to the top of my list so it's 1 simple click away once I am in the Folders view.

This doesn't put it on the Main or Videos Menu but closer.

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

k, FYI, looks like there is a small issue with the 7.1.2 beta.

In Detailed Info - Recording view, the images in the Preview Panel and the Info Area Panel are overlapping.

John
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
k, FYI, looks like there is a small issue with the 7.1.2 beta.

In Detailed Info - Recording view, the images in the Preview Panel and the Info Area Panel are overlapping.

John
John, can you provide a screen shot for me as I am not seeing what you are unless I am looking in the wrong spot. I don't modify the Recordings view in the plugin... only the Video, Folders, Title etc views so perhaps a picture would help me understand the issue you are seeing.

k