SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
I must be going crazy. I can see fanart on my extender. But I don't when using Sage client on my server. Sage is running in service mode and client can see all the local and network drives. Fanart is on a shared network drive. I've attached a screencap of BMT showing fanart for a movie. I've attached another screencap of Diamond Flow with no fanart showing. Logs and properties attached. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks.
Not now too late in the new build the new version changes the caching 100% so if you still have the issue with the new build when it is released let us know. Don't want to debug it since we don't use it anymore
Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to the new release like a kid in a sandbox with a grape popsicle.

On second thought......
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
I must be going crazy. I can see fanart on my extender. But I don't when using Sage client on my server. Sage is running in service mode and client can see all the local and network drives. Fanart is on a shared network drive. I've attached a screencap of BMT showing fanart for a movie. I've attached another screencap of Diamond Flow with no fanart showing. Logs and properties attached. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks.
In your sageclient.properties you need to set
Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder=\\\\tower\\fanart
John
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
In your sageclient.properties you need to set
Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder=\\\\tower\\fanart
John
and you may also need to set in your sageclient.properties as well
Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/fanartEnabled=true
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
This is an odd one, it's not something that we would have touched so I'm not sure what is going on there. I was able to set all my tuners recording this morning and when I try to "record" another one I get a pop up (result normal conflict pop up), if I try to watch another show "live" I get the error you get. If I try the same thing in the default STV and theme I get the pop up with live tv for conflict res. I see that we have the conflict alert icon showing just no pop up. I'll look into it further when i get a chance.
There are two different hooks that handle recording conflicts. One of the hooks is fired if the conflict results from a "live" request and the other is fired in other cases. I'd start by looking there. Both hooks are at the global level.

Putting these hooks at the global level is confusing because the STV code in the menu has no easy way of detecting if these hooks were fired. The hooks set a variable to true/false depending on if the user canceled the conflicting recording or not, but the code in the menu has to "be aware" of that behavior and check the variable after the user MAY HAVE caused a conflict.

I've been dealing with this in the "Multi-User" Plugin I've been working on. It might have nothing to do with your issue, but seeing different behavior depending on why the conflict was created hints that this might have something to do with your issue.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
There are two different hooks that handle recording conflicts. One of the hooks is fired if the conflict results from a "live" request and the other is fired in other cases. I'd start by looking there. Both hooks are at the global level.

Putting these hooks at the global level is confusing because the STV code in the menu has no easy way of detecting if these hooks were fired. The hooks set a variable to true/false depending on if the user canceled the conflicting recording or not, but the code in the menu has to "be aware" of that behavior and check the variable after the user MAY HAVE caused a conflict.

I've been dealing with this in the "Multi-User" Plugin I've been working on. It might have nothing to do with your issue, but seeing different behavior depending on why the conflict was created hints that this might have something to do with your issue.
Thanks Tom the thing is we don't change any of those hooks or variables I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but hopefully can hunt it down.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wall and Flow views

I'm working from the assumption that the Wall and Flow views are designed for movies. The problem is that not all my movies are showing up in these views and I'm not sure why. All the filters are wide open so they shouldn't be limiting things. Just curious as to how the views determine if a file should be part of these views.

And of course anxious for the next update. Any chance it'll be this week? Looking forward to the fix on tuner display.

The Diamond theme is a great add on for SageTV. Almost don't need dynamic menus... (almost)
Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I'm working from the assumption that the Wall and Flow views are designed for movies. The problem is that not all my movies are showing up in these views and I'm not sure why. All the filters are wide open so they shouldn't be limiting things. Just curious as to how the views determine if a file should be part of these views.

And of course anxious for the next update. Any chance it'll be this week? Looking forward to the fix on tuner display.

The Diamond theme is a great add on for SageTV. Almost don't need dynamic menus... (almost)
Hey Ranger,

I was going to try to answer this but I think Plucky or EP will be better at explaining how the views determine if a file should be part of them.

I think that users will be pleasantly surprised with the next release. Plucky and Evilpenguin have done some pretty cool stuff with the recordings screens and movie views. Not to mention getting the Playon stuff in the recordings and movie views that EP posted about earlier tonight.

We're close to a release, but not that close...

Cheers,

Jeremy

Time for a teaser shot (or two),

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DiamondMovies.jpg (76.7 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg DiamondMovies2.jpg (94.2 KB, 626 views)

Last edited by jorton; 02-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Added "teaser" image to previous post. I hope Plucky doesn't revoke my posting rights...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey Ranger,
I was going to try to answer this but I think Plucky or EP will be better at explaining how the views determine if a file should be part of them.
I think I figured it out. The wall and flow views seem to be only for imported files and not for Sage recorded media. Too bad. I hope that the next version will be able to pull both into the views.

By the way, I'm terrible at waiting....
Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I think I figured it out. The wall and flow views seem to be only for imported files and not for Sage recorded media. Too bad. I hope that the next version will be able to pull both into the views.

By the way, I'm terrible at waiting....
Recorded Movies yes. Recorded tv no use the tv views with diamond info on for those
Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

New Simplified TV View

Since everyone else is sharing lately why not me

This is a new default recordings screen view. It works will all the existing diamond filters/views and the default settings of the recorded tv view.

Enjoy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DiamondSimplifyTV-thmb.JPG (39.6 KB, 511 views)
File Type: jpg DiamondSimplifyTV.JPG (103.7 KB, 226 views)
Old 02-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Sage User

I like the diamond theme. Only 2 things are dropping the WAF, 1) Need a date added view so she can find the new movies easy, 2) An alphabet list that pops up at the far right of the title/folder view like in SMC did. If you can do that I will be a hero

Thanks for all your hard work already - youv'e made S7 WAF much improved over default.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestfarmer View Post
I like the diamond theme. Only 2 things are dropping the WAF, 1) Need a date added view so she can find the new movies easy, 2) An alphabet list that pops up at the far right of the title/folder view like in SMC did. If you can do that I will be a hero

Thanks for all your hard work already - youv'e made S7 WAF much improved over default.
There is a date added sort in the current build of diamond view forget what it is called offhand.

Scroll bar not likely and if done wouldn't work with a date added sort anyhow.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I thought of it first I just didn't tell anyone about it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Sure and I invented the cell phone just forgot to mention it first
Old 02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very interesting, Cant wait to give it a go!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Nonsense.. I used banners in Malore for years... just never shared.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Nonsense.. I used banners in Malore for years... just never shared.. ;-)
I think he was refering to using a single banner and the rest text.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
There is a date added sort in the current build of diamond view forget what it is called offhand.

Scroll bar not likely and if done wouldn't work with a date added sort anyhow.
The default date added sort that I found is the one movie at a time. To get it do sort by date you have to go into menu options and set it up each time you use it That might work if it can be made into a custom view. Otherwise making the wife choose sort by descending dates in the options menu is a non-starter.

I only care about an alphabet scroll bar in title or folder view, not any other views including date sorted.

I can prolly train her to use the remote to get close with auto alphabet sort but will the date sorted has to be much easier.
Closed Thread