SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Quick question, is there a setting in studio that changes the main menu text from "all caps" back to pre-diamond Uppercase/lower case?

Thanks in advance.
Unzip the attached file into the theme directory.

The zip contains a theme.properties file with font overides for the default Diamond theme and a blank image that overides the unfocused highlights (empty boxes) from the second and third level menus.

Open the theme.properties file in the "Diamond Menu Mod' folder and change the "ThemeParent=" option to the Diamond theme you would like to use the mod with and save. Make sure to type the name of the theme the same as the folder that contains it. Without changing this it will default to the base "Diamond" theme.

In advanced settings select the theme "Diamond Menu Mod" and it will load the parent theme you selected in the properties file with the menu fonts set back to similar to the default Standard.

FYI - The highlight image on the menu is part of Diamond UI Mod and if you replace it there won't be a needed "highlight" as the active item font is no longer set to "grow" like in the Standard STV. We will not be changing the second and third menu highlight style as we like it ;o)

Jeremy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DiamondMenuTweak.jpg (93.2 KB, 901 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Diamond Menu Mod.zip (3.6 KB, 196 views)
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Quick question, is there a setting in studio that changes the main menu text from "all caps" back to pre-diamond Uppercase/lower case?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found TitleCaps.ttf and renamed it to stop using all caps. But, I would prefer remove the reference to it. Thanks.
You are making it way too difficult if you are in Studio, all the changes are done in the theme.properties file, see my previous post. The fonts are not directly set in studio for themes. There is a reference like "mainmenufont=" that will allow you to change it in the theme.properties file.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Jeremy, thanks a million! Thanks to you, I was quickly able to make a Diamond subtheme that looks very close to the standard STV. There's only one item left that I still need help with. Hopefully it's okay to ask here:

How do I turn off menu auto-expand off? I think diamond has builtin the same concept as Fuzzy's "Always Show Submenus". Even if the change is in studio, I dont mind, as long as you could provide a screenshot of the location(s) in Studio to make the change(s).

Thanks again for all you help!
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
You are making it way too difficult if you are in Studio, all the changes are done in the theme.properties file, see my previous post. The fonts are not directly set in studio for themes. There is a reference like "mainmenufont=" that will allow you to change it in the theme.properties file.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Jeremy, thanks a million! Thanks to you, I was quickly able to make a Diamond subtheme that looks very close to the standard STV. There's only one item left that I still need help with. Hopefully it's okay to ask here:

How do I turn off menu auto-expand off? I think diamond has builtin the same concept as Fuzzy's "Always Show Submenus". Even if the change is in studio, I dont mind, as long as you could provide a screenshot of the location(s) in Studio to make the change(s).

Thanks again for all you help!
Michael
We don't do that you must have another plugin installed doing that...
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Plucky. There's actually one more thing I can't figure out. I hope you or Jeremy would be kind enough to assist.

The diamond main menu has outline borders. I was trying to change these borders to look like the standard STV. I think the images that are related to this are either: BGMainMenuSubmenu.png and/or CenterBGWithBorder.png. However, when I place them in the Diamond Menu Mod theme (suggested by Jeremy), I see a gap between the main menu and sub menus. Could you please tell me how I can use these images (maybe even from Serenity theme) without having display issues?

Thanks to you and Jeremy, I will be able to make a Standard STV SageTV Sub-theme Diamond plugin in case anyone else want to use it with your permission.

Sincerely,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
We don't do that you must have another plugin installed doing that...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks Plucky. There's actually one more thing I can't figure out. I hope you or Jeremy would be kind enough to assist.

The diamond main menu has outline borders. I was trying to change these borders to look like the standard STV. I think the images that are related to this are either: BGMainMenuSubmenu.png and/or CenterBGWithBorder.png. However, when I place them in the Diamond Menu Mod theme (suggested by Jeremy), I see a gap between the main menu and sub menus. Could you please tell me how I can use these images (maybe even from Serenity theme) without having display issues?

Thanks to you and Jeremy, I will be able to make a Standard STV SageTV Sub-theme Diamond plugin in case anyone else want to use it with your permission.

Sincerely,
Michael
You will have to adjust those, the layout of the Diamond menu isn't the same as the standard for the images used on the panels so they don't replace perfectly without some tweaking. Open them in a image editor and stretch the layer over in little increments until it fills the gaps you are seeing. It will take a bit of playing but you can do it. You might want to start with the Diamond versions and use as a reference to match spacing and size wise to get best results.

Same goes for the CenterBGWithBorder.png, it covers more on the standard as Diamond has more of a "panel" look so there are gaps. You could stretch this image so that the borders and the gap are outside the layer. Also has to do with the header/footer and how much they cover with their shadows.

FYI - you might not want to "tweak" things too much as they may have adverse effects on other screens as well, like the movie walls/list flow, flow etc...

Last edited by jorton; 02-16-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for all the info. Yes, all the changes so far are just straight image replacements. I'll limit the image editing to just those two files, maybe just even one of them.

Thanks again for all your help!

Quote:
You will have to adjust those, the layout of the Diamond menu isn't the same as the standard for the images used on the panels so they don't replace perfectly without some tweaking. Open them in a image editor and stretch the layer over in little increments until it fills the gaps you are seeing. It will take a bit of playing but you can do it. You might want to start with the Diamond versions and use as a reference to match spacing and size wise to get best results.

Same goes for the CenterBGWithBorder.png, it covers more on the standard as Diamond has more of a "panel" look so there are gaps. You could stretch this image so that the borders and the gap are outside the layer. Also has to do with the header/footer and how much they cover with their shadows.

FYI - you might not want to "tweak" things too much as they may have adverse effects on other screens as well, like the movie walls/list flow, flow etc...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Sage User

I am having trouble with fanart banners. I looked at the folders and I have banner jpg's but diamond will not show them. It does however show the backdrop and poster's. This is happening on about 5 different show's. Is there something I need to do to reset diamonds cache?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broswift View Post
I am having trouble with fanart banners. I looked at the folders and I have banner jpg's but diamond will not show them. It does however show the backdrop and poster's. This is happening on about 5 different show's. Is there something I need to do to reset diamonds cache?
Are these by any chance single recordings in the main listing? The current version of Diamond in the plugin repository does not show banners for single recordings only groups (folders). This is fixed in the next version

J
Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Mouse back button not working in Diamond Wall/ Diamond flow

Hi guys, now that I've gotten my feet wet with Diamond; and LOVE it by the way, I realized that there's no way to go back on a couple of Diamond menus with my mouse (like all the rest of the sageTV/Diamond menus). The back icon under Diamond Wall/Diamond Flow act like I just pressed the left button on my keyboard; which I can already do with the left arrow on the keyboard. Is there a way we can get the back icon under Diamond Wall/Diamond Flow to be consistent with the rest of the menus? All other menus, if I click on that icon, it takes me back to the previous menu.

Also, it looks like mouse-over/hover highlight over items doesnt work under Diamond Wall/Diamond Flow either as the rest of the menus do.

I'm pretty sure that these were components that were imported from My Movies which didnt support PC based clients at all. However, it would be great to have these two menus be consistent with the rest of the diamond menus in respect to mouse support.

I'm sure you guys might be a step ahead of me; and fixed these two inconsistencies in the the upcoming Diamond release; however, I just wanted point it out in case it hasn't been pointed out.

Thanks a million guys!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also, it looks like mouse-over/hover highlight over items doesnt work under Diamond Wall/Diamond Flow either as the rest of the menus do.
We can easily enough fix the back issue. Diamond movie views don't and won't work/support mouse's. As with SMM it works fine with clients but I don't support mouse's with my fixed focus views. I code for use with remote and keyboards not mouse's and no one has convinced me otherwise yet
Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks plucky, I really appreciate it. BTW, I thought I'd share a couple of screenshots of my mod for diamond. Its a mix of diamond hybrid images, standard STV images, and a couple of mine. Im just glad I had your/Jeremys support to do it. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
We can easily enough fix the back issue. Diamond movie views don't and won't work/support mouse's. As with SMM it works fine with clients but I don't support mouse's with my fixed focus views. I code for use with remote and keyboards not mouse's and no one has convinced me otherwise yet

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Are these by any chance single recordings in the main listing? The current version of Diamond in the plugin repository does not show banners for single recordings only groups (folders). This is fixed in the next version

J
Yeah they are. That is obviously the problem. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

I have this on my desktop and think it has real potential to replace MyMovies. I like MyMovies but I am not a big fan of the two different Metadata repositories. There is also the extra hassle of setting up and managing the MyMovies software which I have found to be problematic on occasion. I have not recommended it to friends and family yet as I think the setup is to complicated for them.

A couple of questions:
I may have missed the answer to these but at 40 plus pages I admit to just skimming it before posting.

I have several unexplained entries in the Diamond Wall and Diamond Flow views. They are 0mg entries that look like capture card working files. Like "Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device #2 Composite" Some simply state Unknown and look to have metadata from recorded TV shows. I can't find these using the BMT or on the server.

Also: I am trying to convert my personal theme (different Art works and color scheme) but can't seem to get a font I like to work. A lot of the ones I like truncate the last letter a little bit. I can't seem to find a setting in the properties file to deal with this. I suspect I could fix it in Studio but then I would need to do that with every update. Posting a pic to help you see what I am talking about.
TV Menu.jpg

I will probably wait a release or two before making a change but I like where this appears to be going. Great work guys.

Last edited by SWKerr; 02-18-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hello, i have Diamond and from the HD300 extender i'm able to view the banners from the recording menu, but in SageTV Client i'm not seeing. What can i check?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I have several unexplained entries in the Diamond Wall and Diamond Flow views. They are 0mg entries that look like capture card working files. Like "Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device #2 Composite" Some simply state Unknown and look to have metadata from recorded TV shows. I can't find these using the BMT or on the server.
You are correct... this has been mentioned in prior posts and has been stated that this is fixed in the next release.

k
Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
Hello, i have Diamond and from the HD300 extender i'm able to view the banners from the recording menu, but in SageTV Client i'm not seeing. What can i check?
I would guess that the Phoenix Fanart location setting is not correct for the client to find the fanart. Check the settings in the client installed plugin for Phoenix Core Services and select the Configure option on the plugin and change the clients fanart location.

Hope this helps.

k
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I would guess that the Phoenix Fanart location setting is not correct for the client to find the fanart. Check the settings in the client installed plugin for Phoenix Core Services and select the Configure option on the plugin and change the clients fanart location.

Hope this helps.

k
Thanks, I'm using WHS, how can i setup the client to view into the Phoenix fan art location server?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
Thanks, I'm using WHS, how can i setup the client to view into the Phoenix fan art location server?
I do not and have not used WHS but as my fanart is on my server I shared the fanart folder and used a UNC path to the share on my Sage Sever...

\\SAGESERVER\Phoenix\fanart

Hope that helps.

k
Attached Images
File Type: png fanartlocationonclient.PNG (715.4 KB, 230 views)
Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

IMO, you hit the nail on the head. I think that's why Diamond is getting so much attention lately for the reasons you pointed out. I think it's great how we're able to change Diamond sub-themes relatively easily to suit our needs without adversely affecting diamond functionality. I'm so happy we have heavy hitter developers supporting Diamond; including the My Movies developer himself working hard on this plugin. Amazingly, Diamond doesnt require a complete STV replacement; which would probably require proprietary plugins. I honestly cant wait to see the new Diamond; as everyone else. I'm checking every day to see when we'll see the new version release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I have this on my desktop and think it has real potential to replace MyMovies. I like MyMovies but I am not a big fan of the two different Metadata repositories. There is also the extra hassle of setting up and managing the MyMovies software which I have found to be problematic on occasion. I have not recommended it to friends and family yet as I think the setup is to complicated for them.

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread