SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

HD300, Slingbox, and UI resolution switching...

Merry Christmas!

Just curious if anybody out there has an HD300 working with a Slingbox Pro?

I have a Slingbox Pro controlling an HD300. It is working suprisingly well with one exception and that is when I have the component cables of the HD300 connected to the Slingbox Pro, I'm having issues when Sage goes from watching a show back to the UI... I'll often times either get a snowy picture or a garbled picture where it is all crooked and jittery for a moment and then goes to maybe dual screens side by side then just looses signal and indicates a bad signal. It almost seems like the HD300 isn't handling the transition well because of the snowy picture (yeah, almost like the cable went out but not as much snow LOL) but unsure. Things seem to work OK going from the Sage UI to a movie or video but then when I hit stop and it goes back to the Sage UI, that is where things getting messed up. If I'm sitting at the computer where the HD300 is located, I can hit "Video Out" on the remote a couple times and the picture will come back but this is a bit of a work around and I don't have this button on my Sling Remote... yet To get the picture back (when viewing remotely) I have to power off the HD300 and power it back on.

For the above issues I have component out selected in the HD300 but at first I had HDMI (with the component cables connected).

On the Slingbox Pro I also have the HD300 composite cables connected. This works and I don't see the above issues but I'd like to be able to use component as when testing this at a remote location I could get 4500+ kbps and the picture was really quite nice with component.

Anyway, I'm thinking this is related to the resolution switching between the UI and my HD shows. I've only had time to tinker with this a little and tried some different settings but nothing really changed the behavior. Any ideas as to why my signal freaks out when going back to the Sage UI? At work now so figured I'd ask you experts now while I can't be troubleshooting myself and maybe save myself a bit of time when I am able to tinker at the house

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

PS: Just tried it for the first time on my Droid phone with just a 1x connection and it was not bad... watching a HD show and the picture was by no means HD but very watchable and the audio was clear. I suspect when I get to a 3G area that it'll be very nice.

Last edited by Brent94Z; 12-25-2010 at 09:14 AM.