SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Metadata in Video Library

Hello, I recently started using BMT to grab metadata for my large collection of TV shows. I have tried all of the alternate video libaries and interfaces out there, but I still prefer the default library/folder view. It just woks the best for my needs and the way I like to view my media. The only thing I would like to "tweak" is what type of info is displayed for the episodes. Specificaly, I want sagetv to display the original air date (from bmt) instead of the date/duration (which is just the date it was added to the server). Through sheer luck, I noticed that sagetv does display the OAD very briefly if you happen to be hovering over an episode as sagetv is discovering it's metadata for the first time. I would also like to put metadata in the root folder of each television series and have it displayed when hovering over the particulair show. Can someone point me in the direction of where these settings can be found through studio? Any advice would be appreciated
Redundant power supply, dual UPS's, etc
Samsung EVO 850 SSD X2 OS drives
WD 4TB Purple drive for recordings, various other drives for archives
Tuners are a work in progress
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

quickest way to get to a certain point in studio, is to open up studio, and go to the Debug -> UI Components window. this will show a tree of all UI objects in the current display. It will put a yellow box around the currently focused item. Travers the tree until you find the object you what to find, and right click it in the tree, and choose Highlight Widget. That widget will then be highlighted in the studio view. i still recommend reading a LOT of the studio documentation prior to messing about in there, it's not like a lot of other programming systems, and has a bit of an initial learning curve.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah i've messed around with it a little bit (mixed results), and finding things is allways the hardest part. I discovered that it highlites what you have selected, but its easy to confuse the different instances of each menu.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Administrator

When trying to find the code relating to some part of the UI in Studio, try using the "UI Components" option in Studio's Debug menu. You can right-click on a widget in that window & choose to highlight the widget.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks guys. I may have some more specific questions once I get in there. I made a copy of the default stv so I can modify it safely.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

UPDATE

OK, I have BMT working really good, and its finding metadata for all my files pretty easily. I have finished all of my TV shows, and now I'm working on movies. I tried using the fanart option, but it is much slower than all of the folder.jpegs that I allready have in place anyway. Right now all of my movies are in a structure like this Movies/movie name/video, folder.jpg, .properties. My only issue with this setup, is that you have to proceed to the second level in order to see the metadata. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the metadata to show at the "/movie name" level? I am alos interested in this, because I would like to add metadata into the root folder for each TV series, so that hovering over a television show will display generic information about that TV series. I have discovered that BMT retrieves this type of metadata if you tell it to search through IMDB instead of TVDB
Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

well I figured out how to get it to display the OAD instead of just the duration. It was actualy pretty easy. Now I just need to get it to read a .properties file from the folder level.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigo93bronco View Post
well I figured out how to get it to display the OAD instead of just the duration. It was actualy pretty easy. Now I just need to get it to read a .properties file from the folder level.
That will take a bit of code. The properties files are attached to the video not the folder. You could cheat and on the video display get the first mediafile I'm the folder and then read the metadata from that. That would be the easiest way, but if you have more than one video in that folder won't be consistent.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

hmmm. How much coding do you think would be required to create a condition where: "if folder contains .property file then display it Else do normal behavior" I want the metadata to be visable while scrolling through the video library. Fanart does this, but it is MUCH slower than using the thumbnails which are allready in the folders anyway. Plus for some odd reason, all of the fanart images seem to be much darker than the ones I have placed in the folders.