SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

I think we can add something along these lines.
btl.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Convert Option for Recordings

I would like to be able to access the convert option on a single recording. Most of my clients cannot handle the .ts files created by my HD-PVR. So, I convert them to Apple Quicktime HD Widescreen, which apparently requires much less horsepower to play. I know that I can specify conversion options on Favorites (and I do). But when I do manual recordings, I have to go back to the default interface to get them converted. Any chance of adding conversion to the options available from the Advanced menu? Does anyone else miss this option, or am I the only one?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
I would like to be able to access the convert option on a single recording. Most of my clients cannot handle the .ts files created by my HD-PVR. So, I convert them to Apple Quicktime HD Widescreen, which apparently requires much less horsepower to play. I know that I can specify conversion options on Favorites (and I do). But when I do manual recordings, I have to go back to the default interface to get them converted. Any chance of adding conversion to the options available from the Advanced menu? Does anyone else miss this option, or am I the only one?
Definitely would be a cool option. When I was looking at the Sage API's this looks to be possible.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'd like the option to always resume playback, rather than to be prompted each time whether to resume or restart.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Start Auto Skipping Commercials

I'm not sure if this feature request can even be handled inside Phoenix, or if it is more of an internal SageTV functionality that, alas, will never be fixed

If a show is still being commercial marked when you begin to play it back, auto-commercial skipping does not start once commercial marking is complete and the .edl file has been created. The timeline on the GUI shows the commercial markings, but manual intervention is needed to skip over them. It would be great if auto commercial skipping would start once the .edl file shows up, only if auto-commercial skipping is enabled of course.
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 10-13-2011, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

If you get in that situation I think you could exit the playback screen (Home) and then go back and it'll start auto-skipping. From what I recall the autoskip kicks off after that screen loads, so forcing it to reload might trigger it.

btl.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
If you get in that situation I think you could exit the playback screen (Home) and then go back and it'll start auto-skipping. From what I recall the autoskip kicks off after that screen loads, so forcing it to reload might trigger it.

btl.
Should be possible to add the auto-skip check to the .edl refresh task.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I saw it - that's something we'll add eventually, but I think we had something native to phoenix in mind for that. Once the code stabilizes some we'll turn on plugins, where you can create a mod like that that you can install also. But the code is in too much flux right now - I have actually changed quite a bit of the code that you were orking in since the last release!

btl.
So is it a safe assumption that we would not see any caller id capabilty until you reach a point where there is plugin capability?
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 10-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Embedded Subtitle Support

I would love to have embedded subtitle support for my .mkv files in SageTV Client (using DirectShow). And just to get greedy: the ability to switch subtitle streams and auto-enable forced subtitles would be awesome.

This may be a helpful reference: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42653. Hopefully a more elegant solution would be possible in the long term but this might help bridge the gap.

Last edited by iolaus; 10-14-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Recording Soon Messages

I note that there are only two days that programs will be recorded; today or tomorrow. Apparently, the code figures that anything not recording today must be tomorrow . Could the code be modified to show the day, i.e. Sun, Mon., etc.?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

That's a bug. It's supposed to just show tomorrow, not everything into the future.

The next release fixes it.

btl.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Online Navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSSageUser View Post
I'd really like the navigation in Online to mimic the STV. Getting bumped back to the home landing zone is a real bummer!
+1

I'd still like to see Online navigation similar to the navigation in the Detailed Setup or Plug-in's that would quit bumping me back to the Phoenix home landing zone instead of just backing me out to the last Online selection . Having to go through the entire process just to watch another TED presentation is a real pain!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Favorite button in tv guide.

Hello, when i'm browsing show in the tv guide the favorite button from the sagetv hd300 is not working.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the great job on Phoenix guys.

Three things from me:

1. Sam I'm listening to a playlist at any given point in time... how can I browse to another song & add that to the currently playing playlist? You can do this in the stock v7 UI.

2. Are there plans to add more remote command listeners to Phoenix? Specifically set favourite, search, recorded TV?

3. Are there plans to implement a search function similar to the stock v7 UI? Whilst simple it works well & I find that in Phoenix it is buried in the menus & there's no way to bring it up using a remote button.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Caller-ID

Could the Phoenix Team make this plug-in compatible to Phoenix?

The add-on stv for the info-pop up worked for me (b4 I updated to build 401). I asked shadeblue to make it compatible for Phoenix but he is no longer active in the forums. Can someone in your group make it compatible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda
Are you still active with sagetv? Phoenix is missing caller-id and was wondering if you can to add Phoenix as a compatible STV??

Read from post # 127 and on:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...284#post507284

Hi QueOnda,

Sorry have not bee active on the forums in recent days. I will not be able to update the GUI portion for Phoenix STV. At best I only hacked the STVi to keep it running, I did not create it from scratch, just built on top of Nielms work. Happy to share source code if someone on Phoenix wants to update?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'll throw this one out there, since I haven't been able to find it. If there was a way to edit the transparency level of the information and scrolling windows for videos so you could better see the fanart behind them. I think there was a way in Diamond to do it by changing a value in the code. I'd be happy with something like that if it can't be a built in feature. It's great having fanart, but sometimes it's hard to see with all the overlay (info box and scrolling list on the left). Love Phoenix, just looking to customize some more.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
Hello, when i'm browsing show in the tv guide the favorite button from the sagetv hd300 is not working.
+1 on this one...
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
I'll throw this one out there, since I haven't been able to find it. If there was a way to edit the transparency level of the information and scrolling windows for videos so you could better see the fanart behind them. I think there was a way in Diamond to do it by changing a value in the code. I'd be happy with something like that if it can't be a built in feature. It's great having fanart, but sometimes it's hard to see with all the overlay (info box and scrolling list on the left). Love Phoenix, just looking to customize some more.
I think your best bet would be to switch around between the different UMB variants - not all of them obscure the fanart as much as the default.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Could the Phoenix Team make this plug-in compatible to Phoenix?

The add-on stv for the info-pop up worked for me (b4 I updated to build 401). I asked shadeblue to make it compatible for Phoenix but he is no longer active in the forums. Can someone in your group make it compatible?

Not that it's not obvious from my post above, but +1 on this. It's the only thing serious thing stopping me from leaving SageMC.
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Workin' on Phoenix 2

So I'm digging through this thread to see if there's anything anyone wanted that we didn't get to back in 2011 (can't believe it's been that long )

If you got something you want that isn't there go ahead and start posting here again - it will be considered

Native Phoenix uPNP support is the big piece of completely new functionality we're looking for P2. This should make Playon integration a lot more usable. There will of course be UI changes etc. Screen shots will follow soon.

And I'll look at this Caller ID thing also - seems like a lot of people mentioned that back in the day.

Does anyone still use Phoenix UI?

btl.