SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

For those interested in the 'Jump to Letter' type functionality, see this thread.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been really enjoying the Phoenix user experience. Are these features that are missing or am I just missing them?

1. On the HD300, when on a video file or folder, pressing the "Watched" button on the remote doesn't set/unset the watched status of the video or videos in the folder.

2. I can't turn on/off closed captions (not subtitles).

3. Pressing play on a video tunes to live TV. It would be nice to have the option to set this to play directly the actual video that is being selected.

I tried to make sure I look through the current issues list, and I didn't see these. But I wanted to confirm that these are actually issues, or if it's just user error (ignorance).

Thanks. And again, excellent job!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Sage Expert

I had an issue where pressing play on only one of my videos brought me to viewing tv. I found there was a problem with the video. It was damaged. Probably a bad sector on hard drive. All other videos played fine. This may be what you are experiencing. You may want to try usning bmt web interface to rescan all your videos and then go into the pheonix menus and do a rescan there. This may help as well.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpj218 View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been really enjoying the Phoenix user experience. Are these features that are missing or am I just missing them?

1. On the HD300, when on a video file or folder, pressing the "Watched" button on the remote doesn't set/unset the watched status of the video or videos in the folder.

2. I can't turn on/off closed captions (not subtitles).

3. Pressing play on a video tunes to live TV. It would be nice to have the option to set this to play directly the actual video that is being selected.

I tried to make sure I look through the current issues list, and I didn't see these. But I wanted to confirm that these are actually issues, or if it's just user error (ignorance).

Thanks. And again, excellent job!
I'll add all of these hopefully over the weekend.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'll add all of these hopefully over the weekend.

Thanks,
Mike
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Slimplayer or popular streaming radio stations

Hi, I quickly glanced at this thread and hope this isn't a repeat request; but, it would be great to have slimplayer ported to phoenix; or, at least a way to play streaming radio stations (sirius radio, pandora, slacker, and local FM) in a "universal radio station list". Radio is almost as important in our household as TV is.

Is it possible/easy to port over sageTV 7 plugins such as Slimplayer to Phoenix?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

8*-
Quote:
I've never looked at the plugin, so I don't know how complicated it is. We have implemented our own flavor of toast for displaying messages to the user, so it might not be all that difficult to add. But it still might make more sense for it to be a plugin rather than part of the core. We have an awful lot of other things to work on to fill out the base functionality.

Aloha,
Mike
Possible to explain or show me? or allowing the caller id plugin to be used?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
8*-

Possible to explain or show me? or allowing the caller id plugin to be used?
I just took a look at this plugin and I think it might work with Phoenix out of the box (or very nearly). Unfortunately I don't have any of the back end set up to test it. Could you try manually importing shadeblue-infopopup-7.0.2.stvi into a copy of Phoenix.xml STV file and let me know if it works? (both files are in your ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7 folder) If so, it is then just a matter of asking the developer to add Phoenix as a compatible STV. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I just took a look at this plugin and I think it might work with Phoenix out of the box (or very nearly). Unfortunately I don't have any of the back end set up to test it. Could you try manually importing shadeblue-infopopup-7.0.2.stvi into a copy of Phoenix.xml STV file and let me know if it works? (both files are in your ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7 folder) If so, it is then just a matter of asking the developer to add Phoenix as a compatible STV. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
I goto phoenix options >> sage settings >>sage Detailed setup.

Then I go to advanced and see that Set full UI Package is sagetv7 and not Phoenix. If I try to import UI modification its for sagetv7.

Am I going about it right?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

To import the STVi in Phoenix you'll have to do it from Studio - there isn't a way to do it from the UI.

btl.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

@QueOnda

Grab the modified Phoenix STV file (here). Unzip the xml file and drop it into ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7. Go into the Administration Tools section of the Phoenix Options menu. There should be an option to load another STV. Go ahead and load the new file (Phoenix + InfoPopup Test.xml) and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

I was able to load and test the stvi but I might have broken some parts of Phoenix (maybe cuz I really don't know how to use studio). But it did pop up the caller id on the main page of Phoenix).

I'm going to ask shadeblue to see if he can Phoenix a compatable STV.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
@QueOnda

Grab the modified Phoenix STV file (here). Unzip the xml file and drop it into ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7. Go into the Administration Tools section of the Phoenix Options menu. There should be an option to load another STV. Go ahead and load the new file (Phoenix + InfoPopup Test.xml) and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Mike
Ok. Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Edit: It works!!

Last edited by QueOnda; 07-04-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Sage User

Another thanks for all your work!!!

Quote:
@QueOnda

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks again for all of the developers who worked on this project. The addition of support for the InfoPopup plugin is the icing on the cake for me!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

INFO button should really be the info of the current show etc, not the other menu it brings up.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
INFO button should really be the info of the current show etc, not the other menu it brings up.
I actually like it. Info brings up the info or Recent, current, today's, scheduled, conflicts and such. If you hit ok you get the info, or if you go back to the recordings (or hit back) then you can see the info of the show. This was it's faster to look at things (IMO).

Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
I'd agree on this one as well. INFO should bring up INFO...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bug?

It seems like "Play All" option does not work. It always stops after one media file.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'd agree on this one as well. INFO should bring up INFO...
Well....it does. Just not the info you're used to.

There are several things in Phoenix that we chose to break the mold with. It might take a bit of getting used to, but give it a little time.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusing View Post
It seems like "Play All" option does not work. It always stops after one media file.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. We'll get it worked out.