SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Sage User

I am an idiot. You are right, I had the old plugin instead! Works great.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Here is the java error that occurs when I try the BMT scan. (I selected a recording folder.)
It seems to be failing when scanning a UNC path. I'll have a check with stuckless to see whether it's something I'm doing wrong.

John
Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

UNC.

Thanks John.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
UNC.
stuckless has pointed out what I'm doing wrong. I'll have the fix in the next version of CMT.

John
Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

John,

Is it normal when using Diamond for this plugin to become disabled?.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

What do you mean by disabled? It doesn't display backgrounds where Diamond has an option of controlling the background on a per menu basis. The Diamond setting is normally under Diamonds Option in most menus' options menu.

John
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I have it enabled on my server which I also use as my main... Sagetv in my Home office... using Diamond

If I use an external client that is just using the default stv with no plugins.. and I look at the Server installed plugins it shows disabled.... but in fact it is enabled at the server... no big deal was just wondering.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

The only thing I can think of is that it may not be being seen as compatible. If you look at the plugin detail from All Available Plugins it will highlight any dependencies that are missing. It doesn't show that information if you look at the plugin detail in Installed Plugins.

John
Old 06-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Another one I just figured out last week - I been waiting forever for the Malore fanart to be fixed and didn't realize it had been with this plugin. At home I had all three installed. Thanks for this merged plugin! It would be great if the manifest (or whatever it is) that describes it while in the sage UI stated that it replaces the other two (maybe it does and I missed it)

no more nullnull - Super thanks!
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage Icon

I'm working on an update at the moment and will hopefully remember to change the description to state that it is a replacement for the other 2 plugins.

John
Old 06-26-2011, 04:26 AM
Sage Icon

Nice work, but...

Hi,

I'm completely new to your plugin as I just moved from v7.0.23 to v7.1.9 and realized that the old Phoenix Fanart Plugin wasn't working anymore (well the "Posters" icon were still displaying, but the "Backgrounds" didn't), so the only viable solution was to upgrade to your new plugin which also integrate the Malore menu. Please don't get me wrong here you have done a great job on integrating both, but I like to express my thoughts and a couple of suggestions.

The current Fanart repository contains two sub-folders "Poster" and "Backgrounds", the first have images optimized in dimension, file size and compression quality (I've spent quite a long time to do that) which the old plug-in used to display directly without conversion and I was able to use it in all my clients (mix of HD200/HD300/PC), however the "Backgrounds" weren't used "as-is", but down-scaled and cached from the first client that displayed it and this was an issue in particular when caching from an HD200 and displaying in a HD300 which show the UI at higher resolution, such an issue that I used to go through all the movies one by one to generate the cached images from an HD300 to make it look homogeneous on all the other clients.

Your merged plug-in is now suffering of the same Backgrounds issue, but on the Posters this time, by caching in "CMTPoster" a converted version of the original image in the fanart repository which size is now dependent on the first client displaying it. I think this is an unnecessary conversion that unfortunately destroys my purposes of having a nice and homogeneous interface between clients so I would like you to consider to add an option to disable it so that the plug-in will behave as before.

Same consideration is for the Backgrounds. They are normally stored in the fanart repository as jpg and with a minimum resolution of 1024x768 sometimes even 1920x1080. I can understand that for a quick display you need to reduce and cache the background and I really appreciate that you are now doing it depending on the client, but when displayed as full screen in the info panel, why you cannot just use the original file in the Backgrounds directory? The main reason is because I noticed in multiple instances that the original background file in the fanart repository was a JPG 1920x1080 (512Kb) and in your cache for an HD300 was converted to a PNG 1280x720 with a size of 2.2Mb????

As I said before, you done a great job on merging the two plug-in, an I cannot thank you enough for that, however I reckon that with a few minor tweaks you can make this plug-in even greater
Old 06-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the feedback. I'm doing some work on the plugin at the moment and will add some more options for caching and scaling.

John
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'm doing some work on the plugin at the moment and will add some more options for caching and scaling.

John
I tried your updated plug in and I'm very very happy now!! Thanks again for making the "small" background client sensitive...

Here's my feedback

- What is "Folder Preview Preference"? I tried the options and looks like is not doing anything, but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
- I noticed that if a background file doesn't exist for a particular fanart going into "Video Details" displays the "TV" background instead of the "Videos" background.
- When exporting a ".properties" for a specific media, the "Genre" property contains only the first two entries.
- When enabling "Make .my Files" also a ".properties" file is being generated despite the "Make .properties Files" is set to "No", is it intended.
- When "Make .properties Files" is set to "No" and "Metadata Save to DB -> Edit Metadata" is set to "Yes" a ".properties" file is generated anyway.

General question...I decided to ditch the Web BMT as it never really worked for me, however I have some movie where the fanart directory contains "." (ex. Fantastic Mr.Fox), and noticed that BMT was removing the "." whilst generating the fanart directory entry for that movie. The thing is despite the MediaTitle attribute in the .properties files contains the right name (with the dot) the fanart poster and backgorund are not displayed. What is wrong of having dots in the filename?

Last edited by routerunner; 06-30-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

For some reason on my client there is no longer a "manage metadata" option. I had to install the old malore phoenix plugin to get it back. Also IMDB will no longer let me save metadata. What could be causing this?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
For some reason on my client there is no longer a "manage metadata" option. I had to install the old malore phoenix plugin to get it back. Also IMDB will no longer let me save metadata. What could be causing this?
There are now separate "enabling" options in Setup -> Customise -> Metadata Options -> Configure -> Metadata Save to Db -> Configure

IMDB has a similar configuration to enable
Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
pretty sure CMT does that stuff, which should be installed with this. perhaps it needs updateing?
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
There are now separate "enabling" options in Setup -> Customise -> Metadata Options -> Configure -> Metadata Save to Db -> Configure

IMDB has a similar configuration to enable
Didn't know that. Thanks.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I tried your updated plug in and I'm very very happy now!! Thanks again for making the "small" background client sensitive...
Thanks for taking the time providing the feedback.

Quote:
- What is "Folder Preview Preference"? I tried the options and looks like is not doing anything, but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
This controls what's displayed in the Preview area on grouped recordings or folder view for videos. It will display whatever fanart is available out of Banners, Episode specific and Backgrounds and the setting defines what order they are searched for in. The old plugin displayed a background in the preview area. None of this affects what is displayed in the malore views.
Quote:
- I noticed that if a background file doesn't exist for a particular fanart going into "Video Details" displays the "TV" background instead of the "Videos" background.
I'll have a look at that.
Quote:
- When exporting a ".properties" for a specific media, the "Genre" property contains only the first two entries.
That's handled by the CMT plugin and is using the SageTV api to dump it. I'll check that there's not a limitation on that api.
Quote:
- When enabling "Make .my Files" also a ".properties" file is being generated despite the "Make .properties Files" is set to "No", is it intended.
- When "Make .properties Files" is set to "No" and "Metadata Save to DB -> Edit Metadata" is set to "Yes" a ".properties" file is generated anyway.
That's another CMT one. I know my logic is a bit all over the place with all those settings as it's transformed a few times over the last 6 years. I'm doing some changes in that area and it's on my list to tidy up. Thanks for confirming that someone other than me is using this stuff.
Quote:
General question...I decided to ditch the Web BMT as it never really worked for me, however I have some movie where the fanart directory contains "." (ex. Fantastic Mr.Fox), and noticed that BMT was removing the "." whilst generating the fanart directory entry for that movie. The thing is despite the MediaTitle attribute in the .properties files contains the right name (with the dot) the fanart poster and background are not displayed. What is wrong of having dots in the filename?
My fanart for Fantastic Mr. Fox is as you describe, directory is Fantastic Mr Fox, MediaTitle is Fantastic Mr. Fox, and I have fanart displayed.

John
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In thinking about this, the SageTV core will create a .properties file when you edit metadata as the SageTV core uses it to store any metadata changes. If Make .properties files is enabled, then the plugin will do a full dump of the metadata to a .properties file which will overwrite the file created by SageTV.

John
Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage's writing to .properties files on metadata changes is also configurable in sage.properties.

update_external_properties_files_on_metadata_changes=false

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room