SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Help with Filtering MediaFile[]

I want to do something like

Code:
MediaList = FilterByMethod(MediaList, "GetChannelNumber", "1001", false)
to exclude all media files in an array that were aired on channel 1001, for example. However, this isn't working for me, I assume because GetChannelNubmer is not a method of MediaFile. Is there a simple way to do this without iterating through the array and building a new array with just the MediaFiles I want? I'd like to do this in Studio and keep it as simple as possible, but I can't seem to find an elegant solution to this one.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
This works for me:

FilterByMethod(GetAllChannels(), "GetChannelNumber", "2", true)

So it only returns channel number 2.... but thats not what you want and I don't have any recordings on my test server but you maybe able to use:

FilterByMethod(MediaFiles, "GetAiringChannelNumber", "2", false)

Can't be sure though but worth a shot I guess.

EDIT

Actually that does work and I did have two recordings to try it with:

FilterByMethod(GetMediaFiles("T"), "GetAiringChannelNumber", "26", false)

Which returned one of my two recordings.

Last edited by jaminben; 04-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Sage User

OK I feel stupid now. I have no idea why I couldn't get this to work initially, but now it's working fine. I think the fact that it's a MedaiFile and not an Airing scared me off too quickly. :-)

Perhaps it was because I used the wrong method initially. That's what I get for trying to do this at 2am!

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuad156 View Post
OK I feel stupid now. I have no idea why I couldn't get this to work initially, but now it's working fine. I think the fact that it's a MedaiFile and not an Airing scared me off too quickly. :-)
Generally speaking, methods that accept an Airing Object will also accept a MediaFile Object, and vice versa. The core will automatically convert between MediaFile Object and Airing Object as needed.

Your initial example did not work because GetChannelNumber() needs a Channel Object and not a MediaFile or Airing.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Generally speaking, methods that accept an Airing Object will also accept a MediaFile Object, and vice versa. The core will automatically convert between MediaFile Object and Airing Object as needed.
This is REALLY useful information to know! Reading through the API I don't remember seeing anything hinting at this. Thanks for that tip. I'm certain it will come in handy in the future.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuad156 View Post
This is REALLY useful information to know! Reading through the API I don't remember seeing anything hinting at this. Thanks for that tip. I'm certain it will come in handy in the future.
BTW: for future reference, this info is in the API docs and in the Studio PDF manual.

The docs for the two API calls shows these details for the return values and parameters:

public java.lang.String GetChannelNumber(sage.Channel Channel)
public java.lang.String GetAiringChannelNumber(sage.Airing Airing)

They both return strings, but one takes a Channel object parameter while the other needs an Airing.

SageTV's automatic conversion from one data type to another, when possible, is covered in the Studio manual on pages 16-17, including the example of converting Airing <--> MediaFile. If you haven't already read through the Studio manual and gone through the tutorials, you should do so.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
SageTV's automatic conversion from one data type to another, when possible, is covered in the Studio manual on pages 16-17, including the example of converting Airing <--> MediaFile.
Yes. It's also covered in the API JavaDocs if you read the first few paragraphs that describe the class.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.