SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Airplay for SageTV Plugin Request

Anyone else interested is something similar to the Media Center add on?

I would be willing to donate up front.

AirPlay for Windows Media Center – Beta 1

Video
Old 06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Sage Icon

I don't use airplay so these may be stupid questions, but what exactly does it do?

reason i am asking is there may be a way already to provide the same functionality with exisiting plugins.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
I don't use airplay so these may be stupid questions, but what exactly does it do?

reason i am asking is there may be a way already to provide the same functionality with exisiting plugins.
Check out the vidoe link.

You can push Video\Audio Content from you iPhone\iPad to a display device.

Alot of people always demo a someone "pushing" a youtube video from there phone to a TV. For me I would love to "push" pandora from my phone to my TV system. But I would still be able to control everything from my phone.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think this may be fairly easily done for audio. There is a program called Shairport4w that can act as a airplay receiver, and can redirect the audio to an mp3 file. If an import could be made to turn on this application, and then play the mp3 file I think this could possibly be fairly easy. It would be a little cludgy though.

Video on the other hand may be a little more tricky. I do not think sage can handle streaming video...
Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Check out the vidoe link.

You can push Video\Audio Content from you iPhone\iPad to a display device.

Alot of people always demo a someone "pushing" a youtube video from there phone to a TV. For me I would love to "push" pandora from my phone to my TV system. But I would still be able to control everything from my phone.
You can do pandora, slacker, a whole slew of others via squeezebox server (free) and the SlimPlayer plugin.

netflix/hulu/etc can be donw through playon

youtube is native...

im failing to see the advantage of a plugin like this. could you maybe explain a little more?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

If I have a video that I have shot on my iphone then it would nice to send it to the TV via airplay, not having to first dump it to my NAS, have Sage scan it then have it available to play.

I think I would be interested in this and willing to contribute. Would have to be something very simple to use though.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividweb View Post
If I have a video that I have shot on my iphone then it would nice to send it to the TV via airplay
Just wait for the iOS 5 update, if your iPhone was upgradeable to 4.3... Also need an AppleTV, but...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
You can do pandora, slacker, a whole slew of others via squeezebox server (free) and the SlimPlayer plugin.

netflix/hulu/etc can be donw through playon

youtube is native...

im failing to see the advantage of a plugin like this. could you maybe explain a little more?
With my Music I don't sit and watch music I'm normally doing something and my phone is always in my pocket not my TV remote. I have speakers in the back yard so this would be great. Sure I could hit forward on a RF remote \ Sage WebUi but with AirPlay I'm in my Pandora\RDIO iOS app searching and selecting music. I just think its a much better experience than something like SlimPayer.

For Video I just think it much easier to search and select say YouTube videos on my phone than SageTV UI.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

U could use the mobile web remote which works over wifi...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

I also had a hard time figuring out the usefulness to this. I think it applies to apple/itunes users mainly. I keep all my media in a central location... my NAS; which is accessible for playback on any device (sageTV client, placeshifter, extender, android phone) at home or anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Very rarely, I'll temporarily copy songs, movies, and other media onto my netbook when traveling or vacations with limited 3G/4G Internet. It would be pretty weird to stream my music videos to my android phone; then, stream it back to my sageTV client on a big screen. I've never liked the idea of trying to keep a copy of my media on different devices and keep them synched or trying to store them on icloud. I prefer mycloud.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I also had a hard time figuring out the usefulness to this. I think it applies to apple/itunes users mainly. I keep all my media in a central location... my NAS; which is accessible for playback on any device (sageTV client, placeshifter, extender, android phone) at home or anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Very rarely, I'll temporarily copy songs, movies, and other media onto my netbook when traveling or vacations with limited 3G/4G Internet. It would be pretty weird to stream my music videos to my android phone; then, stream it back to my sageTV client on a big screen. I've never liked the idea of trying to keep a copy of my media on different devices and keep them synched or trying to store them on icloud. I prefer mycloud.
I don't keep anything on my phone either besides podcast. I use Pandora and grooveshark (Streaming Music)the most. I don't think WebUi is a great solution either because it doesn't show me whats playing or whats next on my mobile device.

Lets say I'm working in the backyard and I want to change my playlist. Playing through my outside speakers. Mobile UI would not be a great way to do that. Lets say I'm using Pandora I easily grab my phone and switch channels. I think of Airplay of more a super cheap whole home audio\video system.

You could also push local content. Say your jamming in the living room to music. Music off your NAS-->iPhone-->HTPC then you need to go to the bedroom. Grab your phone and in one click "Push" that audio to your bedroom extender.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

I see both sides although for music I would recommend tasagetv over the web interface it just has a cleaner look/feel imho.

The advantage to airplay if you haven't used it is the ability to look up youtube or the like videos right from your phone and send it to a tv. Much quicker and easier. Or show a photo you just took on your phone on your tv or video. I questioned the usufullness at first but after using it allot on my aptv it is very useful. My 2 cents
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Also to add to this with the new mirror function coming to ipad 2 it is even more useful in those cases. You can mirror anything you are doing the entire ipad interface.

This would be pretty easy to implement for someone who has the time nothing more than broadcasting sagetv clients to airplay and sending the feed to the selected client.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I see both sides although for music I would recommend tasagetv over the web interface it just has a cleaner look/feel imho.

The advantage to airplay if you haven't used it is the ability to look up youtube or the like videos right from your phone and send it to a tv. Much quicker and easier. Or show a photo you just took on your phone on your tv or video. I questioned the usufullness at first but after using it allot on my aptv it is very useful. My 2 cents
The main feature I like is the DJ mode. I think it is pretty cool when you have people over and they can vote on the music they'd like to hear. Plus, if I don't have a song they'd be able to play it over my speakers quickly without effort. I'm looking into incorporating this into my music mod. Someday...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would also like this as well and started to explore how to implement this. Except I wanted it on the hd300. Technically it should be possible since the hd300 is running linux and there are already Linux implementations out there. I had a sorta-pseudo implementation working with a mix of vlc and playon running off my server. Getting it running on the native hd300 is the goal but it would require an install of some utilities that are not natively installed on the hd300.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

You could use a HD PVR and an apple tv and just tune sage to that HD PVR and airplay to it?