SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Phoenix - MYMOVIES Metadata and Missing Fanart on new install

Does Phoenix pick up the folder.jpg from MyMovies?

I do not have BMT installed at present; do I need it?

I ask as it works great; is faster (for me) than diamond but its showing no fanart for anything (TV, Movies) etc. I know its there because diamond was showing it.

Thanks

Clients: 3 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 PS3
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotionnotion View Post
Does Phoenix pick up the folder.jpg from MyMovies?

I do not have BMT installed at present; do I need it?

I ask as it works great; is faster (for me) than diamond but its showing no fanart for anything (TV, Movies) etc. I know its there because diamond was showing it.

Thanks
MyMovies and Phoenix use completely different fanart models, so no, Phoenix will not use the existing fanart from MyMovies.

Phoenix will automatically fetch fanart/metadata for any new items added to your collection, but if you want to refresh or scan your existing items, then you'll want to install the bmt web ui and use the refresh fanart option.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
MyMovies and Phoenix use completely different fanart models, so no, Phoenix will not use the existing fanart from MyMovies.

Phoenix will automatically fetch fanart/metadata for any new items added to your collection, but if you want to refresh or scan your existing items, then you'll want to install the bmt web ui and use the refresh fanart option.
You don't support GetThumbnail as a fallback in the UI? That would pull the default folder.jpg
Old 07-01-2011, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You don't support GetThumbnail as a fallback in the UI? That would pull the default folder.jpg
The Phoenix fanart APIs return a File object, and as a result, no, I don't call GetThumbnail as a fallback. The UI could do that, but rather than have a condition every time a fanart image is requested, we just rely on the phoenix api. I could change the phoenix api to return the File from GetThumbnail (since Jeff recently added that api), but that didn't exist until a couple releases ago, and so I'm still playing catch up.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

I have BMT installed and working.

Where is the refresh fanart option?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Scrap that; found it. Great documentation if you bother to read it!