SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Sage User

Direct access to different flows

Ok, I'm loving Gemstone. Don't know why I kept using the stock UI for so long.

I'm finally revamping my remote control setup, using eventghost. RIP Girder.

How do I create shortcut to the flows, so I can map it to eventghost and my remote control?

I'm not sure if the above is possible, based on my limited research, it doesn't sound like it is.

So, is it possible to delete some stuff from my main menu, so I can remap those to the flows I want? For example, I never use online services. Can I somehow add a flow there and rename the menu structure and retain the keyboard shortcut to use it?

If not, any other alternatives? Maybe a macro that goes home first, then go down a few times, right, right and select?

Any other possible solution?
Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

First....welcome to Gemstone.

You can certainly customize the full menu in Gemstone and basically put ANY menu item on ANY level, remove menus, hide them etc. Go into Options from the Main Menu and select Menu Manager....from there losts of changes are possible. Basically we built in the ADM functionality into Gemstone but never updated the user guides so you can look at the ADM Wiki and find most of it is close.

Now the "hotkey" feature you are looking for isn't built yet but it is on the list...not sure when/if it will get done so you may want to find some key combinations that would navigate to your selection.

Good luck.
k
Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Sage User

I know you can customize the menus anyway you want. But can you replace one of the existing items with another and retain whatever shortcut the item had? I'm guessing it's not possible, but worth asking.

Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Not at this time. It's a feature we need to add.

k
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

If there are just a few menu items you frequent often, you might want to look at the task switcher capability. It's configured through both main options screen, as well as the menu manager. You can choose individual menu items to be included in the switcher or not, and then use the Skip Fwd 2 and Skip Bwd 2 commands to navigate between them (similar to Alt-tab in windows).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-01-2014, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

One other way to do this is using macros (aka sequences) I use a Harmony but you should be able to do this with EventGhost. I am working on doing this right now for my kids. For example I have a menu item of Kids shows that is the second item down on TV/Recordings. To get to this screen the sequence is Home-Right-Right-Down-Right (or enter).

It doesn't always work but it works about 95% of the time, depending on what you were doing when the button was pushed.