SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Get Recording Details.??

What Api Call can I use to get whether a show is being recorded in H264 ... Comcast has converted a lot of my channels to H264 and I would like to know which channels are in H264.

Would this do it ? ... GetMediaFileMetadata

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-02-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
What Api Call can I use to get whether a show is being recorded in H264 ... Comcast has converted a lot of my channels to H264 and I would like to know which channels are in H264.

Would this do it ? ... GetMediaFileMetadata
It does look like GetMediaFileMetadata(mediafile, "Format.Video.Codec") might do it.

It also looks like GetMediaFileFormatDescription(mediafile) could return a string that lists the basic information about the mediafile (container and codec)
Old 02-02-2016, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It does look like GetMediaFileMetadata(mediafile, "Format.Video.Codec") might do it.

It also looks like GetMediaFileFormatDescription(mediafile) could return a string that lists the basic information about the mediafile (container and codec)
I have so many different formats... Trying to get a handle on what codecs I need on a Windows 10 home. also what Codec to use in your MiniClient.

H.264 in TS (cable)
MPEG2-TS (Cable)
MPEG2-PS (OTA)
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have so many different formats... Trying to get a handle on what codecs I need on a Windows 10 home. also what Codec to use in your MiniClient.

H.264 in TS (cable)
MPEG2-TS (Cable)
MPEG2-PS (OTA)
As for the Android MiniClient... H264 in TS will work on any device. MPEG2 will only work (well) on devices that actually have hardware decoding for MPEG2 (Nexus Player and Sheild does). And MPEG2-PS is still being worked on, so that's not working well, yet.

Personally all my media is H264 TS, MP4, and MKV... so I'm a sweet spot in terms of this working on pretty much any device
Old 02-02-2016, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
As for the Android MiniClient... H264 in TS will work on any device. MPEG2 will only work (well) on devices that actually have hardware decoding for MPEG2 (Nexus Player and Sheild does). And MPEG2-PS is still being worked on, so that's not working well, yet.

Personally all my media is H264 TS, MP4, and MKV... so I'm a sweet spot in terms of this working on pretty much any device
The problem I see is with OTA which SageTV muxes to mpg.. If I choose not to let Sage do the muxing then files are mostly unplayable in SageTV.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this helps with your current situation, but Gemstone gives some of this info in the overlay footer when you launch a recording. It's handy.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I don't know if this helps with your current situation, but Gemstone gives some of this info in the overlay footer when you launch a recording. It's handy.
Thanks I was able to get the info using SJQ and the Sage Apis.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any reason that you don't use OTA, other than the fact that London is one of the few places in Southern Ontario without good access to OTA channels?

I still prefer OTA channels to my HD-PVR's as they are generally more reliable (fewer things to go wrong regarding tuning, STB, etc) and leave my cable tuners for other channels.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Any reason that you don't use OTA, other than the fact that London is one of the few places in Southern Ontario without good access to OTA channels?

I still prefer OTA channels to my HD-PVR's as they are generally more reliable (fewer things to go wrong regarding tuning, STB, etc) and leave my cable tuners for other channels.
I think you summed it up with "...the fact that London is one of the few places in Southern Ontario without good access to OTA channels"

OTA is useless for me unless I install a 60 foot antenna. Not only is London a bad area, but I'm also in a valley

When I first setup my linux install using HDPVR and IR blasting... I had lots of issues. I then bought a Command IR unit (doesn't use lirc at all) and then created the basis of the gentuner for tuning. When I started out, I was getting 1-2 shows a week that was wrong doe to IR blasing... and now 1-2 shows a year (if that).

The HDPVR has other issues like powersupply issues, which has been more problematic for me.

I would love to use OTA if I could get the channels.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean - is there any documentation that you followed when setting up the HDPVR for linux? I've been looking for a few days and haven't come across anything definitive on the forums about - 'here's how to use the HDPVR with linux'.

Also a pointer to the power supply replacement? I think I saw you? reference getting a new one at some point during my forum searching...
Old 05-30-2016, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

If you're interested, some folks were using a different method than the [repeated] power supply replacement;

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=12
Old 06-07-2016, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Would this work do you think for the HDPVR power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
If you're interested, some folks were using a different method than the [repeated] power supply replacement;

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=12
Old 06-07-2016, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Would this work do you think for the HDPVR power?
According to this post http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../590678#590678 the barrel is a little too big. Your ebay is 2.5mm and the post I found says it is 2.0mm.

What I plan on doing myself is getting out my soldering iron and cutting off the end of a bad power supply and soldering it to the molex plug.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
What I plan on doing myself is getting out my soldering iron and cutting off the end of a bad power supply and soldering it to the molex plug.
That's the best way to go and you get a longer cord if you cut off the old cord right at the wall wart.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

I wasn't sure if they would be the right size but I went ahead and ordered two to have on hand. They have shipped and should be in a few days. I will post after I get them if they fit or not.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
According to this post http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../590678#590678 the barrel is a little too big. Your ebay is 2.5mm and the post I found says it is 2.0mm.