SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Scan Imported Media Not Working

I have finally been able to update Phoenix, Jetty everything on V9.0.111 - and finally as well, fixed the vfs error, re-reading this thread, "https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=589312&postcount=30" 10-15 times DOES make a difference.

I have one problem: I use Gemstone and, with the help of the you Sage experts, set up my "Browse by Folder" option (remember I come from BTV). The problem I have now, is that even if I set the program to do a full re-index, I've one folder that shows empty, but isn't, and another (that I know of) that is not getting updated at all (the second folder did that even before I updated everything.

These folders as all the others are setup in the imported media option.

Ideas?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.

Last edited by RBraverman; 12-10-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

without any further info, not sure we can help out. try browsing to the files via Search -> Browse File System -> Import Folders, and see if they show up there. It could be that something in the way you are filtering your displays is skipping them, or it could be that sage, for some reason, cannot access those folders. Also, we'd need a logfile of a startup, then media scan, the shutdown, so we can see what sage is doing.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
without any further info, not sure we can help out. try browsing to the files via Search -> Browse File System -> Import Folders, and see if they show up there. It could be that something in the way you are filtering your displays is skipping them, or it could be that sage, for some reason, cannot access those folders. Also, we'd need a logfile of a startup, then media scan, the shutdown, so we can see what sage is doing.
As ALWAYS Fuzzy, thank you for replying:

I know you want more than this, but here is the Phoenix log - it's the only one with data. (how do I log the rest?).

When searching, the files and folders are there, just not (now) in my "Browse by Folder" - let me be clear, the folders are there in my flow, just that the files aren't being updated and showing IN the folders. Going to look at the flow again now.

********************** UPdate ********************

Okay went through ALL my flows - well actually one flow that allows me to go through each folder and it's sub-folders (although they aren't listed as sub-folders) and I had, under View:, Videos, instead of Base - All Videos. Now I DO NOT know what the difference is, I can't find any "in-depth" instructions for setting up flows in Gemstone, but it "appears" that they get updated. I've added and started to clean up spare files in one folder (from the import of BTV) and it seemed to reflect them. I have the IMDB plugin installed, but I can't save poster art - should I post this separately, or in the Gemstone Forum? AND I call it Poster art, not Fanart - to me those are TWO DIFFERENT things.

Soooooooooooooooooo for this very moment, 11:22am 12.10.2016 it seems to work - EXCEPT BMT, which worked before all the updates.

Last thing how do I set up the logs so they are always running? I, of all people, should have that done.
Attached Files
File Type: txt phoenix.log.txt (183.9 KB, 171 views)
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.

Last edited by RBraverman; 12-10-2016 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-11-2016, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Debug Logging = On
Lots will be in the safety folder. sagetv_0.txt will be the most recent.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room