SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip and Nvidia Shield

Hi all,
I picked up an Nvidia Shield and would like to get that running with the mini client. Everything works so far except the left and right arrows on the remote don't jump over the commericals, instead skipping ahead or back 30 seconds. Looking at the comskip settings, I've enabled these to jump marked commercials, but I think that the Shield is interfering with this. Is there a solution I just missed?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 12-28-2017, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
Hi all,
I picked up an Nvidia Shield and would like to get that running with the mini client. Everything works so far except the left and right arrows on the remote don't jump over the commericals, instead skipping ahead or back 30 seconds. Looking at the comskip settings, I've enabled these to jump marked commercials, but I think that the Shield is interfering with this. Is there a solution I just missed?

Thanks,
Ben
In the settings, "smart remote" is enabled. This means that it will make some decisions about how to handle the user interactions from the remove based on whether or not video is playing etc.

Skipping commercials can be done by long pressing the right/left. When a video is playing and you press right/left it will do skip ahead/back.

If you disable smart remote, then, you get 5 commands up/down/left/right and select, and that's about it.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
In the settings, "smart remote" is enabled. This means that it will make some decisions about how to handle the user interactions from the remove based on whether or not video is playing etc.

Skipping commercials can be done by long pressing the right/left. When a video is playing and you press right/left it will do skip ahead/back.

If you disable smart remote, then, you get 5 commands up/down/left/right and select, and that's about it.
Ah, I didn't know about the long press. That works. Is there any way to customize that? Perhaps flip the commands? I have a universal remote that has dedicated skip ahead/back buttons.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 12-28-2017, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah, I didn't know about the long press. That works. Is there any way to customize that? Perhaps flip the commands? I have a universal remote that has dedicated skip ahead/back buttons.

Thanks,
Ben
If you have a universal remote and you are using that, then just turn off the "smart remote" in the miniclient settings. The smart remote feature is intended when you are using the 5 button "dumb" remotes
Old 12-29-2017, 11:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If you have a universal remote and you are using that, then just turn off the "smart remote" in the miniclient settings. The smart remote feature is intended when you are using the 5 button "dumb" remotes
You've thought of everything :-).

That said I can't find where I disable the "smart remote" functionality in either the SageTV settings or the SageTV app settings (before Android launches SageTV). Is it some place else?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 12-29-2017, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You've thought of everything :-).

That said I can't find where I disable the "smart remote" functionality in either the SageTV settings or the SageTV app settings (before Android launches SageTV). Is it some place else?

Thanks,
Ben
In the MiniClient app, before you connect to a server, there is a settings icon. If you still can't find it, then I'll try to take a picture
Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage Expert

Semi-related question... If one were to set the server connection delay to something super short, like 1 or 0, how can its settings be accessed again later?
Old 01-06-2018, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What type of remote do you have? If you have a Harmony remote then you can have it act as a Bluetooth keyboard and have a lot more options with remote control.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the Harmony Hub with a companion remote. Once I just accepted how the smart remote functionally worked, everything went smoothly. I still need to tweak some functionality on they remote (probably the color buttons) so that I can do some things like delete a recording with a button press.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I have done the same - I use red to delete and blue for options as those were two of the missing buttons that are useful in SageTV. The only thing that is annoying about those remotes, at least the ones without the screen, is that you have to do a long press for some commands. That is a pain when I need to do a long press (for SkipFwdx2) 8 times for halftime of a basketball game.

If you are using an AndroidTV device check out this post: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=14