SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-12-2018, 05:07 AM
Sage User

Convert Recordings to Imported Videos

Hi,

Is there an easy way to make Recordings (that were recorded by Sage) to appear in Sage in the Video Library instead?

I have used BMT to do this a few years ago, removing the metadata that made Sage recognise these files as Recordings instead of imported Videos, but now I can't get BMT to install correctly, and I only want this one function anyway. Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Hi,

Is there an easy way to make Recordings (that were recorded by Sage) to appear in Sage in the Video Library instead?

I have used BMT to do this a few years ago, removing the metadata that made Sage recognise these files as Recordings instead of imported Videos, but now I can't get BMT to install correctly, and I only want this one function anyway. Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks
BMT would be the only way I know how to do this. What is it that is failing when you install BMT via the plugins? The worst that I know of, is that you might need to restart sagetv after installing BMT.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

Could try this.
Copy the file to the import directory and change the name to a non-sage format name. Ie get rid of -(airing id number)-0.
Example. Change mash-123456-0.mpg to mash s01e01 pilot.mpg
The perform a scan.
If it looks how you want then delete the original recording
Old 10-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the replies

graywolf - I've tried that unfortunately. All the files have been renamed and they still only appear in Recordings after a scan

stuckless - When I tried earlier, it was one of the related plugins that failed to install (I think it was called Phoenix Core Services). But I just tried the installation again to confirm the name of that plugin, and instead it said that BMT had installed successfully and restarted Sage.

Now though, I've got a couple of errors in Sage, and the web interface still isn't working:

-Error in VFS File \userdata\Phoenix\cache\vfs-cached.xml; null
-Unable to download/update the phoenix views. Phoenix may not work correctly

I've attached that xml file (in txt format) in case someone might know what's wrong with it, thanks! I just realised BMT is the plugin I used to also use to download extra metadata for videos, it was really handy...would be great to get it working

I'm still using Sage 7 btw, if that makes any difference
Attached Files
File Type: txt vfs-cached.txt (2.9 KB, 130 views)
Old 10-13-2018, 04:22 AM
SageTVaholic

could you send the sagetv_0.txt and the logs/phoenix.log files after a sagetv reboot. it would appear that phoenix is having issues building the view files, which is usally indicates a bad file. the logs should help narrow it down.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 PM
Sage User

I couldn't find a file called sagetv_0.txt...should it be in the main SageTV folder?

I've rebooted Sage, and the same errors came up. I've attached the phoenix log file, and a couple of other log files I found that might be useful, since I couldn't see the sagetv_0 one. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt phoenix.txt (142.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: txt sagetvmsgs.txt (3.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: txt sagex-api.txt (368 Bytes, 134 views)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Yes. Should be in the SageTV\SageTV folder.
Should have sagetv_#.txt with #=0 being the most current one.
In your sage.properties file you might find:
num_logfiles_to_keep=#
Where # is the number of log files to keep (default is 4)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Just reread your postings and see you are Sage 7.
Check your setup settings, somewhere in there is an option to enable debug logging (Advanced maybe?). Then I think you have to recycle Sage for it to take effect.

Sage 9 has debug logging always On.

Could be why you don't have any sagetv_#.txt files
Old 10-14-2018, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you considered moving SageTV 9? I do see the problem, in that it's trying to download a configuration file. You can try installing the Phoenix UI (even though you are not using it) since it should have that configuration file.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:16 AM
Sage User

Yep, the debug logging wasn't turned on! I've turned in on now, and I've attached 2 logs; #1 is what I got right after turning it on, and #2 is my latest one (after the below). Both of them were around 1.5MB though, so I had to cut out a lot to fit the forum's size limit.

Then I tried installing Phoenix. After restarting Sage, I had a 3rd error (the original 2 were there again), saying it was missing an XML file it "had downloaded" to SageTV\STV\Phoenix (I lost the exact name, but I checked at the time and it wasn't there).

Then I tried uninstalling BMT and all Phoenix plugins, and starting again with Phoenix. After a few tries, I'm pretty much back to the error I was getting before I posted, where Phoenix Core Services won't download.

It looks like I don't have permission to download these files hosted on this bintray" site. Not sure what's causing this? Or is there somewhere else I can download phoenix-core-2.5.13.zip?

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and upgrade everything to v9. The last time I looked though, it was pretty much the same as v7 but without the license requirements. Maybe it could fix a few other issues though
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0 (1).txt (701.1 KB, 155 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0 (2).txt (424.0 KB, 120 views)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, the debug logging wasn't turned on! I've turned in on now, and I've attached 2 logs; #1 is what I got right after turning it on, and #2 is my latest one (after the below). Both of them were around 1.5MB though, so I had to cut out a lot to fit the forum's size limit.

Then I tried installing Phoenix. After restarting Sage, I had a 3rd error (the original 2 were there again), saying it was missing an XML file it "had downloaded" to SageTV\STV\Phoenix (I lost the exact name, but I checked at the time and it wasn't there).

Then I tried uninstalling BMT and all Phoenix plugins, and starting again with Phoenix. After a few tries, I'm pretty much back to the error I was getting before I posted, where Phoenix Core Services won't download.

It looks like I don't have permission to download these files hosted on this bintray" site. Not sure what's causing this? Or is there somewhere else I can download phoenix-core-2.5.13.zip?

Maybe I need to bite the bullet and upgrade everything to v9. The last time I looked though, it was pretty much the same as v7 but without the license requirements. Maybe it could fix a few other issues though
Yeah, there is separate, unrelated issue with bintray right now, in that it's holding our data hostage, and so far, not appearing to want to negotiate.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Bintray is not working right now and we are trying to get them to remove the rate limit which is preventing all uploads and downloads.

k
Old 10-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

In the future you can zip the log files before attaching and fit the full sized files.

The biggest feature of V9 is th SD EPG but there have also been some bug fixes like grayscale images and time/date stamps on back to back Windows recordings that were sometimes off.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:25 AM
Sage User

Well that sucks, sorry to hear! Hopefully you'll be able to get these bintray guys to behave soon. And I guess I'll just be waiting till then to get BMT working

And I'd be stoked if Sage came with a built-in EPG I could use, because the process to install the one I use now is tedious and complicated, and is the main reason I'm not in a rush to go through it all again to upgrade to v9. Unfortunately (last time I checked at least), it was only an American EPG. If an Australian one is ever included, I'm on board!
Old 10-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well that sucks, sorry to hear! Hopefully you'll be able to get these bintray guys to behave soon. And I guess I'll just be waiting till then to get BMT working

And I'd be stoked if Sage came with a built-in EPG I could use, because the process to install the one I use now is tedious and complicated, and is the main reason I'm not in a rush to go through it all again to upgrade to v9. Unfortunately (last time I checked at least), it was only an American EPG. If an Australian one is ever included, I'm on board!
It looks like SD ran a trial with OTA in AU and NZ but since I don’t see it listed on their site today there must not have been enough demand. https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...-now-available

You could always try asking them again.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Could try this.
Copy the file to the import directory and change the name to a non-sage format name. Ie get rid of -(airing id number)-0.
Example. Change mash-123456-0.mpg to mash s01e01 pilot.mpg
The perform a scan.
If it looks how you want then delete the original recording
Graywolf is correct. I had the same problem. After renaming it and putting it in your video import folder there's one more step. You'll probably see it in the Archives or Current Recordings. Just press Enter on the recording (or click on it ) and at the menu where you could Watch it select Manage Metadata, Change type to imported Video.

(Manage Metadata option is in Version 9, not sure if it is in 7).
Old 10-20-2018, 08:58 PM
Sage User

I don't have a Manage Metadata option in v7

Maybe another reason to upgrade to v9...but I can't do much of anything it seems until bintray's back up

Edit: Well I see now that's not quite true with the github mirror. You guys really do some great work to keep Sage going after the devs abandoned it Might play around with this today...

Last edited by Bane; 10-20-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't have a Manage Metadata option in v7
It's part of the Complementary Metadata Tools (CMT) plugin

John
Old 10-21-2018, 05:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Bintray is not working right now and we are trying to get them to remove the rate limit which is preventing all uploads and downloads.

k
Bintray is now functional again.

k