SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

does anybody have guide data?

I was wondering why I wasn't going to record anything over the weekend so I went to look at my guide data.

The status screen says that it was updated today at 2:30pm and that it will update in 15 hours. But most of the channels (not all) say they have no data.

Has anybody else noticed this? I am using StarChoice in Canada.

Greg
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to force a new download?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Administrator

You should check out this FAQ for its info & links.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

did a force update and still have no guide data. It only took about 2 minutes of sitting on "next update in 0 minutes" before it came back and said the next update would be in 23 hours 57 minutes.

I guess I have to remove my lineup and add it again. That is a huge pain in the ...

Greg
Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Yes, it could be that you need to remove the lineup & reconfigure, especially if that lineup doesn't really exist anymore, but that FAQ also mentions a property you can try clearing... unless you did that already too.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

The line up still exists. Some bug struck. I don't have any guide data from now until Sunday at 9pm. Then I have full guide data until the rest of the guide data period. So no amount of forced update is going to work if the forced update just tries to get what changed and the last day or two of data.

Is there a file I can delete so that it does a full download? That wasn't mentioned in the FAQ that I could see.

I was unclear what the property editing was supposed to accomplish.

Thanks for the help btw Andy.
Greg
Old 05-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
I was unclear what the property editing was supposed to accomplish.
It is supposed to help fix the exact problem you are describing; that's why it is in that FAQ & why I posted the link to the FAQ. Please try it.

- Andy
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I think I get the sage.properties thing now. By removing that line, I am telling Sage that I don't have any guide data to do an incremental from. (I think).

Anyway, I have removed the line and then I forced an update. It is taking much longer this time so I am hopeful.

Greg
Old 05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, that fixed it all up.

Deleting the server_update_id line fixed it. It tricked Sage into thinking I didn't have any data and it did a full guide data update.

Thanks Andy
Greg